No announcement yet.

Did Charlie forget?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Charlie forget?

I can't remember but didn't charlie learn japanese in the first season? And if she did wouldnt she have heard (and understood) everything ando and hiro said in front of her in the hospital? Just a thought...

I don't think she ever spoke fluent Japanese, she just remembered some phrases she'd seen.

Comment

I thought in her old age she had now forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Curt Connors
        I thought in her old age she had now forgotten.
        That would make sense except for her ability. She still remembered all of those statistics about working in the factory. Forgetting Japanese if doesn't make sense. And I thought she only remembered a few phrases as well, except for the fact that when Sylar was squishing her aneurysm, she had an extensive conversation with Hiro in Japanese.

It's just a glitch in the writing.

Besides that, I really liked what they did with the Charlie story.

Comment

Charlie did not forget how to speak Japanese, and it's not a glitch in the writing. That sort of thing happens all the time on TV, where two characters move to one side for a private conversation, but only seem to move a few feet. It is usually done so that all the characters can be seen from one camera angle.

Comment

Oh yeah. Secret talk.

Comment

Stick with me on this. OR...We never really saw much of anything from Charlie after Samuel had her sent to the past. Therefore she may have lost her power after Sylar fixed her blood clot. He commented to her on how did she ever think of that her ability might have to do with her blood clot (and he DOES have the ability to know how things work) in the diner in "Once Upon A Time In Texas." So if the clot WAS intertwined with her abliity then after Sylar repaired the clot the ability would be gone. Therefore after sixty something years and no super memory it would be understandable to forget the japanese that you do know. So...yeah that just happened.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎