No announcement yet.

Lana v. Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darkone
    Lois was, is and will always be a consolation prize for Clark. Nothing more and nothing less.
    I think the problem with how Clark and Lana ended was there was no reason for them still not to keep in contact or go out and try fix the issue. It wasn't a case one of them died and the other had to move on with their life.

I guess everybody can fanwank the ending how they want but there is huge issues that the very next episode when Clark turned back time that he didn't go back an extra week or 2 before Lana put on her suit(problem solved).

Comment

• Ok I hate when people quote long posts just to add in 1 word. So I will just say I totally agree Celita. Clark has been causing Lois' insecurities and fanning them since Bride and she has been far too forgiving and understanding with him. It's one thing to show Lois as being more mature than Lana but don't make her a doormat.

Comment

• It is strange how we see things differently. I guess we can too because the show runners isn’t very clear in what they want to say.
        I see it this way. Clark’s relationship with Lana was the mother of all rollercoaster’s.
        Even when he revealed his secret things did go downhill.
        I think Clark see different in his relationship with Lois. He really likes being with her and the difference I think is that he are more sure than ever that she is the one for him.
        Now I refer to Lois’s quote “This time I want to make it right”. That is exactly what Clark meant too by holding her on an arms length. He is very scared to repeat the same mistakes he did with Lana because he will do it right this time.

Last edited by PNy; 02-16-2010, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abbaspice1
          It was okay in the fact that Clark admitted he was bably burned and hurt in the past. And that is good. He doesn't want to make the same mistakes with Lois BECAUSE HE LOVES HER (therefre, Clark doesn't see Lois as a consolation prize, TYVM).
          But he is making the same mistake because he is still not trusting Lois the same way he couldn't trust Lana. You can see that here in this episode with him keeping Lois at a distance and you can see it in the season in general with him not telling her about his alien heritage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyanara
            Ok I hate when people quote long posts just to add in 1 word. So I will just say I totally agree Celita. Clark has been causing Lois' insecurities and fanning them since Bride and she has been far too forgiving and understanding with him. It's one thing to show Lois as being more mature than Lana but don't make her a doormat.
            I entirely agree. I appreciate that the writers are showing us why Lois is better for Clark than Lana, but they have completely overcompensated by having her be forgiving without putting any expectations on Clark at all. Just because she trusts Clark doesn't mean he should get away with everything scot free without understanding and appreciating that his actions have consequences, like hurting Lois' feelings.

Originally posted by Kaleb
            But he is making the same mistake because he is still not trusting Lois the same way he couldn't trust Lana. You can see that here in this episode with him keeping Lois at a distance and you can see it in the season in general with him not telling her about his alien heritage.
            THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! That was what my previous post was supposed to articulate, but I did a terrible job of that lol. This is the problem, and the only problem, I have with him comparing Lana to Lois. I just don't get how many times he's going to have to be shown that Lois is trustworthy and capable of handling his secret before he gets it. I understand that they have to draw out him telling her, but a reason for him doing that should not be that he doesn't think she'll take it well or be able to handle it. Not after everything that they've been through this season and last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Britas15
              I'm not saying this very well, I know. I'm just trying to articulate that, narratively, the mention should have been handled more carefully and in a manner that did not so obviously compare Clark's two major relationships.
              Sorry, I don´t get your point at all. It is completely natural for Clark to compare his new relationship to his old and only one. There is nothing else he could compare it to. And in the end he will see that this new relationship is so much better. I don´t see anything wrong with that.

Comment

• I don't prefer the outright comparisons, but after the AOS many Cloisers are a little sensative about this kind of thing. I can understand why they did it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by celita
                  Came on Thomas! That stupid kiss wasn't the best choice, but it wasn't "something Lana would do" at all. Besides, just because clana was a mess Lois shouldn't give Clark a free pass. Let's not pay with Lois Lana's mistakes. It's not fair!

I love Clark, but he is a lucky man!, Lois has been a little too much understanding with him this season. We know that Clark loves Lois deeply, because we saw what happened to him in "Pandora", we saw that he couldn't say goodbye to her in "Savior", and we know why he did what he did in "Echo". The point is that Lois doesn't know about those things.

What she knows is that Clark was about to kiss her in Chloe's weeding until his ex-girlfriend come back and then they barely talked until Lois came back in "Infamous". She wasn't mad, she told him to go to take a coffee so they could talk and he didn't appear (she doesn't know that he was there and was just afraid). She remaining being his friend anyway, and we know that in "Hex" they were in contact a lot but Lois chose to focus in her job and that how her Blur's infatuation started.

When she was missing, Clark wasn't "looking for her", he was with his family (yet again we know something she doesn't) and when he comes back she starts to realize that he is flirting with her and asks her to go to "something like a date" and he doesn't appear yet again. We know why he did it, but Clark told Lois it was because he wanted a headline. Yet again, she was understanding and even if she was mad for a few weeks she gave him yet another chance.

Lois is scared, she knows that she loves Clark deeply but she doesn't really know if Clark is in the same page she is. That's why she wants to take thing slow, because she knows that if she loses Clark she will suffer much more than she did when Ollie left her in "Justice".

Now "Warrior" started with Lois saying that Clark is avoiding her and that she thinks is because of her fear for intimacy. She was thinking that just because she wanted to take their relationship slow Clark would lose interest. Then she calls Clark and finds that he is late to their date yet again, and when he finally arrives, he spend like one minute with her and starts to talk with a hot woman that was rude to Lois. Then he tells her that in the middle of their date he is going to investigate about the comic with said hot woman instead of her, whom is a reporter, his usual partner and his girlfriend.

Later, Clark comes back to the Daily Planet, and is not able of looking her in the eye because he feels guilty, she knows he is lying to her and she doesn't say anything because she wants Clark telling her the truth on his own will, not because she makes him! Yet he doesn't say anything and keeps investigating with the same hot woman the rest of the day while Lois has to imaging what was what happened.

I understand that Clark was under a spell, (even if Lois didn't get to know about it) but Clark wasn't a good boyfriend in "Warrior" at all. I can't blame Lois for doing something as dumb as kissing Jeff to make a point after what she had to endure the whole day.

Now, I'm not hating Clark either. I understand that he is not avoiding Lois because he "lost interest", he is trying to give her some space. Besides after what Zod did in "Disciple" he needs to spend more time with the kandorians if he wants to get his plan done, and he still has his "superhero chores". The doubts about his relationship with Lois are because of what Zod said in "disciple" about Clark's trust issues, not because he isn't in love with her. Just like Lois doesn't want to make the same mistakes she did in the past with Ollie, Clark doesn't want to make the same mistakes he did with Lana.

Clark doesn't know how insecure Lois feels about their relationship, because he is perfectly aware that she loves him as he is. He saw it in "Infamous", "Idol", or "Pandora" (I won't count what Doctor Fate said since "Warrior" was meant to happen before that). He has to deal with finding the balance between Clark and the Blur. Meanwhile, Lois doesn't have to deal with something like that since her work as a reporter includes her boyfriend but she has to deal with the insecurity about Clark's feelings. They both are good people, they both are deeply in love, and they both make mistakes because they are just learning how to become a successful couple.
                  ITA. Great post!! We usually see things as a whole, but if we see them from Lois´ point of view... I have to say Clark is a lucky man!! (well, and Lois is a lucky girl too ).

Comment

• I officially think Lois should dump Clark and he pines for her while she goes on with her life.

Comment

• Let's all take a deep breath and repeat our mantra:

The characters don't know what I know. The characters don't know what I know...

Comment

• He did not directly mention Lana. Maybe he was talking about Alicia instead?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎