Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zatanna's purpose in coming onto Clark...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilyP
    I think she wants Clarkie all to herself & I hope she comes back and makes another attempt: Rawrrrr!

Totally Agree! It just brings good drama folks! But I am a fan of Clois!

----- Added 33 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by malcrew
    Totally Agree! It just brings good drama folks! But I am a fan of Clois!
    Just wanted to add that they do have good chemistry and do make a good team.
    Last edited by malcrew; 02-15-2010, 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

To quote from Charlie Brown..."Good grief." Zee was just having a little fun that's all. She just put a little spell on Clark and they kissed...that's it. Nothing horrible, nothing crazy, they just kissed. Like the old song says "a kiss is just a kiss..."
      A kiss isn't just a kiss when you kiss someone who is in a relationship with someone else, and while I understand this is the land of make-believe morals don't just get thrown out simply because we are discussing a show about a man from another planet.

Clark is in a relationship with Lois and Zatanna knew this. She put that spell on Clark to get him to do something that he would have not done without the spell. And that was pretty pathetic if you ask me, and from a male POV, not at all attractive.

Comment

so do you believe that zatanna was jealous of lois and clark?

Originally posted by Dresden
        A kiss isn't just a kiss when you kiss someone who is in a relationship with someone else, and while I understand this is the land of make-believe morals don't just get thrown out simply because we are discussing a show about a man from another planet.

Clark is in a relationship with Lois and Zatanna knew this. She put that spell on Clark to get him to do something that he would have not done without the spell. And that was pretty pathetic if you ask me, and from a male POV, not at all attractive.

Comment

To steal him away for herself .

Comment

I'd like to think Zatanna was helping Clark with Lois, but judging from Zatanna's whole mysterious and flirting attitude like THE WHOLE TIME with Clark, she probably only wanted him for herself...which is sad that they reduce her character to doing that.

Comment

Don't know but I liked it they have good chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by drwood
                Was it to help Clois or to steal Clark away?

IMHO, it was to steal him away

Other thoughts?
                Or Erica from her husband I know if I had a chance in hell. Of Erica going for me i'd snag her in a heart beat if she was single.

Comment

Originally posted by drwood
                  There was nothing meaningless about Zatanna's flirtation, IMHO. Several clues:

1. Zatanna's drooling over Clark after finding out about his x-ray vision
                  2. Zatanna continuing to push the seductress mode even after Clark resisted following her initial spell to set the mood (with the the candles)
                  3. Zatanna not apologizing after CLARK broke up the kiss
                  4. Zatanna's temptress mode continuing at the end when she offers for their partnership to continue
                  5. Zatanna's look towards Lois at the end when she realized that Clark really does love Lois.

For all these reasons, I am persuaded that Zatanna, while being much more heroic than the last time we saw her, was being far from altruistic in her pursuit of Clark...which is why Lois was suspicious of her from the start. While Zatanna's desire for Clark may be a natural reaction, that doesn't make it right.

Wasn't that the moral Clark said to the boy at the end of this episode? "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should". Perfect synopsis of this situation as well.
                  Well said! I totally agree and the allegory is spot-on!

Comment

at least he snapped out of her magic. he's love for lois is soo strong nothing can't touch that

Comment

• "It must be love"

When Zatanna said that line, I knew the writers had a purpose for the whole Clark/Zatanna kiss thing

Comment

• Originally posted by liana
                        The episode left pretty clear that she wanted more than just a kiss, and Clark resisted the spell before it went any further. Not to mention that is morally wrong to force someone to do something against their will. It doesn't matter what this something is, even it it was 'just a kiss', it was still forced on him.

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

I think that the reason why so many people seem to believe there was nothing wrong with what she did, or that she was just being a little imature, and after all, Clark is hot, is because he is a guy. Sexual offenses are not seen as serious when a guy if the one affected, and not a girl. No one thinks that a guy who slips something inside a girl's drink in order to have sex with her should be cut a little slack. But if the victim is a guy, then, really, it was HOT. It was SEXY. She was just imature...

I guess I can't see things this way. Someone victim of a sexual assault is a victim, and there is nothing right, hot, sexy, or excusable about it. Clark was a victim of a sexual assault. Period.

Thank you. And I will add, that another scene that really disgusted me was the episode in which Lana, Chloe and Lois were all witches. I still look at the scene where Clark is tied up as extremely offensive. JMHO but it felt like quasi-rape scene to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎