Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just call him captain marvel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup they should have named the kid and Shazam their right names...Billy Batson i think

Comment

If there was anything legal, preventing them from using Captain Marvel, they could've just used Captain Thunder instead (he appeared in Superman Vol. 1 #276. He was a young boy, named Willie Fawcett. He was pretty much the same as Captain Marvel (even had the same powers as CM and transformed into an adult man, just like Billy), only he got his powers from a Native American (in Smallville, they could've had a mysterious member of the Kawatche tribe, give Willie powers), instead of Shazam).

Comment

I don't think the name Captain Marvel is an issue if it was he wouldn't be able to be used on that Batman Brave and the bold series that he is going to make an appearance on. He is actually has a movie in the works and maybe that kept him off. Or it could have been that the role required the kid to lose it and in the comics Captain Marvel is suppose to be more innocent than even Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
          Or it could have been that the role required the kid to lose it and in the comics Captain Marvel is suppose to be more innocent than even Superman.
          Another good reason, for them to have used Willie Fawcett/Captain Thunder. In his first (and only appearance, to date) his enemies had cursed CT with an evil personality (meaning, every time Willie transformed into Captain Thunder, he became evil and started to fight Superman).

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            Another good reason, for them to have used Willie Fawcett/Captain Thunder. In his first (and only appearance, to date) his enemies had cursed CT with an evil personality (meaning, every time Willie transformed into Captain Thunder, he became evil and started to fight Superman).
            Wonder if that's where the writers got the idea in the first place. Sounds too similar to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
              I loved the Captain marvel reference with Warrior Angel as a rip off comicbook.
              Can you explain that for me. I didn't fully understand. This original comic was done by Zatanna's dad's friend. Somebody ripped off the idea for Warrior Angel and Devilichus, and this original comic was never produced. So there was only one copy? How did that get made? Did someone rip off the Captain Marvel concept too or were you saying that Warrior Angel is supposed to be a Captain Marvel rip-off?

Comment

They are saying that the concept in the show, a young boy, suddenly getting super powers that transform him into an adult, is a rip off of the Captain Marvel story.

Though, to be honest, the similarities were very minor. Stephen couldn't change back and forth, and he had an underlying evil streak, due to the spell. It was more like Captain Thunder, as has been pointed out. If we get Billy Batson, might as well do him right. Maybe he could be Clark's inspiration too, since every other DC hero is teaching Clark how to be a man at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                  If we get Billy Batson, might as well do him right.
                  Maybe they should just do the whole dam show right.

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                  Maybe he could be Clark's inspiration too, since every other DC hero is teaching Clark how to be a man at this point.
                  Nah. That most definitely will NEVER happen. DC has a strict "make Captain Marvel look lamer than Superman" policy.

Comment

Originally posted by ajac
                    its obviously suppose to be him LOL sigh ah well to bad they couldnt get the rights to the name just for one episode..
                    I was thinking exactly the same thing! I'm glad it's not just me!

Comment

ummmmm

I've been reading through these threads about this episode and everyone is nitpicking the episode apart. Down to every little detail. Except one. The only thing i haven't seen anyone mention anything about is how when in chloe's apartment, her and warrior angel are playing the xbox 360 kinect. The episode aired march 2010 but the kinect wasn't released till november 2010. looks like xbox was promoting subconciously as its a fairly short scene

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎