View Poll Results: What costume did Lois wear

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xena

54 32.73%
  • Wonder Woman

111 67.27%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ^^Ditto. When I first saw the costume in the stills I wasn't too keen on it, but in combination with ED's lines and her comic delivery, I was won over to this salute to WW.

I though Xena because of the whip WW has a lasso

Looked like Xena to me

This was a nod to Golden Age Wonder Woman. Now this results in an issue for me.

Since they introduced Golden Age characters in Absolute Justice, that means that a golden age WW exists (in theory), therefore meaning that people know of her. OR that's why there is a WW costume around, the fact that she does exist, therefore resulting in fans, therefore causing someone to make a costume of her. However, that doesn't explain why Lois has this pro-grade costume laying around.

On a side note, wont this make Clark/Supes confused when he actually meets WW for the first time, based on this arc? After all, he hasn't met WW as of yet, so Lois introduced the costume. When he does finally meet WW, wont his first thought be "Hey, I recognize that costume from somewhere...."

Anyway, I say WW because it's DC, Xena doesnt exist in this universe.

Okay I can understand why I thought it was Xena too! Now I see why there would be a reference to Wonder Woman from the DC universe.

I think it was more Xena than WW.

However, she looked very cute when she took the helmet off early in the episode when she was still a storm trooper and was speaking first with Chloe at the Con and then with Clark by phone. She just seemed to be glowing.

But I loved her exit from the mens room with the Amazon outfit and the way the long line of guys all did a very slow lean to their right to get a better look at her. It was well choreographed.

I squeed when she took the trooper helmet off. Love it!!!

It was TOTALLY a Wonder Woman costume!!! And she did look quite WONDERful in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvgreen View Post
    It wasn't Wonder Woman.
    Actually, it was. Very old school, Golden Age Wonder Woman. They merely left out the stars on the skirt, the Wonder Woman emblem and changed the tiara, along with the lasso and replaced the bracelets with leather armbands. All of which, is because Diana hasn't become Wonder Woman yet (unless her mother's been Wonder Woman already, with the JSA, that is), meaning that it shouldn't be possible for anyone, to have access to a WW costume yet. However, this one, they could pass off as being the costume of a fictional character (neither Wonder Woman or Xena) in the Smallville universe, who's costume merely recembles the future costume of Princess Diana.

Banned
    I hated the costume wasnt flattering at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RCucs View Post
    when i saw the lasso and got the amazon reference from lois i thought wonder woman but the lack of red and blue colors had me puzzled
    It was red and blue...

It was pretty much WW. Though I still feel they should have gone for a Superwoman nod instead.

to me it looked more xena like. she either had a whip or lasso, but couldn't tell. the girl that was walking around the convention earlier at the start of the show was dressed up more like wonderwoman. lois looked more like xena to me.

I actually think the best part of the costume thing was Clark finding all her old costumes...

Quote Originally Posted by hellnback View Post
    to me it looked more xena like. she either had a whip or lasso, but couldn't tell. the girl that was walking around the convention earlier at the start of the show was dressed up more like wonderwoman. lois looked more like xena to me.
    Well to me, they were both nods to WW's various costumes in the comics.
    Last edited by Exedore; 02-13-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast