DOOM (8x21)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loisdragon
    AWESOME. Finally Lois and Jimmy knows. The ultimate Trio
    Well Jimmy doesn't know . Lois does. Jimmy didn't overhear Lois being told the secret. Thanks for your kind words.

Comment

i really enjoyed this

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarro Fan
        i really enjoyed this
        Thanks . Any highlights?

Comment

all of it

Comment

Great episode - the Clark-Doomsday fight was really exciting.

It was the beginning of a massacre.
            This line from the teaser gave me chills.

I was surprised you wrote the revelation in this episode. Will it stick? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

How are you going to top this in the finale?

Comment

Originally posted by Schatzie
              Great episode - the Clark-Doomsday fight was really exciting.

This line from the teaser gave me chills.

I was surprised you wrote the revelation in this episode. Will it stick? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

How are you going to top this in the finale?
              Thanks . The last two episodes I had some difficulties with just as I did "Control". I wanted to get things right, to make up for "Alter". I wanted to make each of my episodes better than the last, and I hope I succeeded.

That Doomsday fight was so hard to choreograph in my head lol. My favorite part to write aside from the end was probably the forest fight, especially the part where Doomsday comes at Clark out of nowhere, and Clark has to duck not once, but twice, and Doomsday's 'knuckle dusters' (as Calum put it in "Disaster") splint the tree trunk. That was a bit inspired by a scene in the Death of Superman graphic novel. It was Matt's idea to have two Doomsday fights and that I should make mine more epic (this was supposed to be the only fight I wrote for it).

Yeah, that was the intention. I wanted that line to signify bad things were to come, and to demonstrate the pure destructive force of Doomsday. Although I do tone it down later, so Clark doesn't see Doomsday coming until it's almost too late. The end of the teaser was largely inspired by The X-Files and some of it's very chilling teasers as I have mentioned previously in this thread.

Originally I was going to write the revelation in the final episode, but Matt had suggested we do it before. We needed some time to breathe in part of the final episode, and I think it was better as it setup some monumental and sometimes poignant or touching scenes in the final episode--Lois/Chloe scene, Martha/Lois heart-to-heart, and of course all that romantic stuff once Lois is no longer overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                Yeah, that was the intention. I wanted that line to signify bad things were to come, and to demonstrate the pure destructive force of Doomsday. Although I do tone it down later, so Clark doesn't see Doomsday coming until it's almost too late. The end of the teaser was largely inspired by The X-Files and some of it's very chilling teasers as I have mentioned previously in this thread.
                Oh, yes. I can totally feel an X-Files vibe in the teaser.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎