Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jsa painting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a version with Hawkman wearing more normal colors.

Note: I just edited the colors on one character. All credit should go towards the initial poster/creator of the image.

Comment

Thank you for fixing Hawkman.

Comment

Reminds me of Da Vinci's The Last Supper (with Hawkman sitting where Christ sits in the painting).

Comment

I just couldnt believe there was a guy dressed up like a cat. It just made me laugh out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
            I just couldnt believe there was a guy dressed up like a cat. It just made me laugh out loud!
            I think Catman was kewl since my last name begins with a Cat lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara

Wildcat is one tough SOB I can tell you that he's the guy who taught Batman and Black Canary how to fight. He is a really good character http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6GvNQws7AM

Anyone else think it was a little sad that Starman was left out of the JSA to streamline Stargirl?
              Last edited by AlexfromLubbock; 02-08-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

It's not 'Catman'; it's Wildcat. As for Starman I was a little sad about that too. At least they didn't totally ignore his mythos and used Sylvester for that. Still it's odd that they didn't even drop a name. Is there a rights problem? I remember there was going to be a Starman show on ABC some years ago and it never happened. Do they still have the rights to the character? Maybe that's why they avoided his name?

Also, they should have kept Johnny Thunder in the painting. It's not as if every member in the painting showed up in photos and/or live-action. Spectre, Black Canary, Doctor Mid-Nite, Hawkgirl never showed up in any form (other than Shiera's costume) and yet they were in the painting so Johnny Thunder could have been left in as well.

And since Hooty is there, why not Pat?
                Last edited by Exedore; 02-08-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                  It's not 'Catman'; it's Wildcat. As for Starman I was a little sad about that too. At least they didn't totally ignore his mythos and used Sylvester for that. Still it's odd that they didn't even drop a name. Is there a rights problem? I remember there was going to be a Starman show on ABC some years ago and it never happened. Do they still have the rights to the character? Maybe that's why they avoided his name?

Also, they should have kept Johnny Thunder in the painting. It's not as if every member in the painting showed up in photos and/or live-action. Spectre, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, etc never showed up and yet they were in the painting so Johnny Thunder could have been left in as well.

fyi I know it was not Catman it was a play on words to the person I quoted

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERMAN NORTH
                    fyi I know it was not Catman it was a play on words to the person I quoted
                    I see. I just wanted to make that clear since there is actually a separate character called Catman in the DCU, although he's more a villain and/or anti-hero than hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore

Also, they should have kept Johnny Thunder in the painting. It's not as if every member in the painting showed up in photos and/or live-action. Spectre, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, etc never showed up and yet they were in the painting so Johnny Thunder could have been left in as well.

Well Starman's son retired and gave his staff to Courtney Whitmore I'm sure Starman was just fused with Sylvester Pemberton to streamline things for her. That Starman series never got out of planning stages here's Ksites entry on it. http://www.kryptonsite.com/starman/

Comment

I thought that was black canary which seemed weird to me seeing as she's here now. I just figured they were calling her huntress or something -she's dc right?

Comment

Originally posted by nickyjean_1
                          I thought that was black canary which seemed weird to me seeing as she's here now. I just figured they were calling her huntress or something -she's dc right?
                          yup both are DC Huntress is part of Birds Of Prey and shes the daughter of Batman and Catwoman

Comment

JMO a guy dressed as a Bat is bad••• guy dressed as a hawk is passable; a grown man dressed as a cat is laughable.
                            I admit I have some crazy opinions

Comment

Originally posted by nickyjean_1
                              I believe that the Black Canary in the painting is supposed to be the current Black Canary's mom. A shame we didn't get a mention to her

Comment

Originally posted by wafflles87
                                I believe that the Black Canary in the painting is supposed to be the current Black Canary's mom. A shame we didn't get a mention to her
                                Yeah. In an interview Johns did, he mentioned that one idea for the episode would have involved Black Canary and her mom would have been mentioned. It's too bad that Alaina Huffman would have been unable to me involved--although I suppose it's good she is getting steady work haha.

Thanks for posting the painting. Cool .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎