Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Absolute Justice" - Movie event or Two episodes squashed together?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i can definitely say one thing......I can easily tell after watching AJ..on where "society" was supposed to have ended and where "legends" was supposed to have begun.lol

Society was most likely concluded at the part where John Jones makes his entrance saying.."i hope it's not too late to say that we come in peace", and followed by everyone's reactions..then the screen goes back..and instead of commercials we get credits.lol

Legends...the scene opens up with Hawkman and the others at the table saying that they want justice...and the opening credits take place after that scene is over, followed by commercials, which once done, the episode opens up next with the DP scene with Lois after the first commercial break

Comment

I posted this in Loved it Hated it....

I was hyped for this and once again SV fell flat for me.

I haven't had a chance to re-watch it but I did process and here are some of my initial reactions:

Clois...cute...sweet...aww worthy. Yeah for me not so much...this is a fiery, passionate, driven, head-butting couple...where is that on SV...the clois scenes sadly for this Clois fan were yawn-worthy.

For a movie event...I guess I expected them to mesh the two epis. together better. A glaring example is no Lois part 1 and then boom Lois...even though she was mentioned it didn't quite segue for me the way I expect a movie to. Of course, had this played out as two epis as originally intended...that probably would've been ok.

JSA: Ok, clark had a lot of screen time but the story seemed to be about anything but clark. There seemed to be alot more focus on Martian Manhunter (and his last scene was very awesome), Dr. Fate, Icicle, Oliver, Hawkman....I mean I get they are part of a team but I don't know this is still Clark's story to me...and his story felt to be sadly lacking to me.

Just my initial thoughts....I keep giving SV another chance...and yet week after week I keep feeling that something is off.

Oh and I give TW major props but there were a few instances that I felt like he wasn't giving it his all (and I know he could be under the weather or distracted...but it felt off at times)...

JMO-

Comment

Has anyone noticed the similarity in the ABSOLUTE JUSTICE movie and the McCarthy type story THE TRIAL OF THE JUSTICE SOCIETY.

Comment

I had to go with "neither" - this was clearly far too feeble to be a "Television Movie Event" nor, despite the obvious jump between the two, would I have said it was two episodes squashed together. Instead, it felt like a thinly-plotted single episode padded-out to double-length for no good reason.

Comment

Movie

Comment

In response to DeesRyche's comment about Tom maybe being a bit distracted in the second hour...I would say he probably was a bit since he was directing the second hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrew
                In response to DeesRyche's comment about Tom maybe being a bit distracted in the second hour...I would say he probably was a bit since he was directing the second hour.
                I didn't see any distraction. Tom has been in front and behind the cameras directing for 4 Clark heavy episodes and AJ is the 5th. Not many actors want to handle such a heavy load but TW does it very well, imo.

Comment

I didn't think he was distracted either, I mainly wanted to mention that he was directing...

Comment

To me if felt like two episodes stuck together. Maybe it was because Lois just appeared out of the blue halfway through. Usually if you're going to do a movie the main characters are there from the very beginning.

Comment

Definitely more a movie than a two parter

Comment

It's hard to say for sure. It hasn't aired here yet. I'm in South America. But the first hour is scheduled to air next week, then the following week will be a repeat of Disciple and the week after that the second hour, Legends, will air. I don't see any way it could seem like a movie event.

Comment

It felt like a two parter because E4 who air it here, showed it in two separate parts. Lost the flow completely because of it. Thanks E4

Comment

^^ I know, I hated that. I much preferred the second part, but I would still have loved to have seen it as the movie. Well, there is the DVD, which will be out in October, I think that will have it as the movie.

Comment

The way it was shot, cut and written & all it felt like a grand Smallville event and a really good tv-movie.

Comment

i felt i was watching a movie too all what i miss was the pop-corn :P

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎