Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tess is part of Checkmate ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said earlier in this thread, It makes sense now that Tess was gathering up meta-humans last season, she was gathering them for Checkmate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ek12
      As I said earlier in this thread, It makes sense now that Tess was gathering up meta-humans last season, she was gathering them for Checkmate.
      Personally I dont think Tess joined Checkmate until after she saw the events in Pandora. I couldn't see her be in Checkmate but allow the Kandorians to take over the world and be on their side 100%. No way Checkmate would agree to that or allow Tess to get away with that. Not too mention many other things that have happened in S8 and S9 such as Doomsday. Doomsday would have to had been a target of Checkmates if Tess was an agent. Unless we go for a famous Smallville retcon.

I really liked the scene mainly because I had been saying since November that I thought Tess was working with Checkmate/Waller. I don't think Tess joined Checkmate until she saw what Zod's plan was, her fate and what Chloe/Clark has done to her in the future/present. I could easily see her even before it was confirmed coming to the conclusion to keep metahumans in check.

Comment

• What Waller said to Tess about, it's been a long time, makes me feel thay have known each other for quite some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowBird
          What Waller said to Tess about, it's been a long time, makes me feel thay have known each other for quite some time.
          Yes, I agree. That is what threw me off as well. However, given the past I guess it could be a minor retcon. Another thing I wonder is what's Tess' position. I believe there was a white queen on her desk. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Could that be a hint of her position? Maybe it was a simple message from Waller and since they already had a white queen from Roulette they decided to use it IDK?

I suspect she tipped Waller off about the Kandorians and Zod. I suspect she may have tipped her off about Chloe as well. Another thing that I wonder is Waller was somewhat aware of the JLA; I wonder if she is aware of the Blur and GA's identity since the JSA were. If they do know I wonder if Tess is aware of Oliver being GA she gave a subtle hint she might have known in her death scene in Pandora.

Comment

• Originally posted by KryptoB-ron
            Yes, I agree. That is what threw me off as well. However, given the past I guess it could be a minor retcon. Another thing I wonder is what's Tess' position. I believe there was a white queen on her desk. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Could that be a hint of her position? Maybe it was a simple message from Waller and since they already had a white queen from Roulette they decided to use it IDK?

I suspect she tipped Waller off about the Kandorians and Zod. I suspect she may have tipped her off about Chloe as well. Another thing that I wonder is Waller was somewhat aware of the JLA; I wonder if she is aware of the Blur and GA's identity since the JSA were. If they do know I wonder if Tess is aware of Oliver being GA she gave a subtle hint she might have known in her death scene in Pandora.
            Lots of questions and it will be interesting to see it play out.

I think Tess being part of Checkmate could be why she was interested in Clark and started unravelling the clues that he is an alien. She could have turned him in already but I don't think she has since it had been a long time since Tess and Waller had been in contact. I still think Tess sees Clark as the Savior and will keep his secret for now. We will find out more in Checkmate.
            Last edited by SnowBird; 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• As I have already posted, Tess being part of checkmate smells like a retcon to me.

The first thing I thought when she revealed as a agent of checkmate was whereever does she find the time to do all this? What a busy lady.
              In S8, she was introduced as Lady Lex, Lex's protege. She runs Luthorcorp, the DP, chased after Clark to prove he was the Savior in S8 and is chasing after the Kandorians, who will save the world in S9.

I thought based on Pandora that Tess felt that humans were destroying the Earth (Pollutions, nuclear weapons, etc.) and that only a superpowered Alien, Clark or superpowered Kandorians can save it.

Now Tess is an agent for some secret government agency that seems to have it out for superheros. And where killing old superheros off to bring the rest out of hiding.

So if Tess knows Clark's secret does that mean checkmate knows Clark's secret?

I know that Tess being an agent for checkmate was supposed to make everyone sit up in their chair and say I didn't see that one coming and it explains alot.

But it just confused me and felt like a retcon to me.

Comment

• So last season when Tess received that email from X, it was from Amanda Waller, correct? According to DC Wiki, Checkmate was also known as Task Force X. It would make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore840
                  So last season when Tess received that email from X, it was from Amanda Waller, correct? According to DC Wiki, Checkmate was also known as Task Force X. It would make sense.
                  Does that mean that Checkmate sent Clark the crystal in bloodline?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                    And who at Checkmate could reprogram the crystal so it would send Clark to the Phantom Zone?

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowBird
                      And who at Checkmate could reprogram the crystal so it would send Clark to the Phantom Zone?
                      Good question. Major Retcon, perhaps?

Comment

I don't know. Does it?

Perhaps Checkmate had already made contact with Brainiac. So both Chloe and Clark were set up.

Comment

Oooohh that was my next question!!

Comment

• OK Major, Major Retcons

Can anyone says Veritas

Or maybe Eternal

Comment

• Oh it would be such a waste if there were really retcons!! Enough of those! I wish they really explained everything (including season 8 X, crystal etc.) and why Tess was helping Zod few episodes back (in the future) while working for Checkmate?

Comment

• Hmm Tess checkmate agent never realize that be4 if Checkmate exist i wish i could be a member too^^

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎