Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slight flaw (or nitpick) with tonight's ep...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight flaw (or nitpick) with tonight's ep...

I am referring to Mary telling the boys she couldn't leave John because she was already pregnant.

Ok, you're pregnant before the boys and the angels show up, fine. However, with the beating and getting thrown around like she did vs Anna, shouldn't the fetus/baby have been at least hurt or damaged if not outright terminated?

Now, I've never been pregnant and hope to never be [considering I'm a male], so maybe I'm mistaken & the female body can take alot of punishment and still not have to worry about pregnancy problems {I honestly don't know}.
    I also understand it could be retconned that Michael healed her/unborn Dean so that everything would continue as fate foretold, but at the time she explained her reason for not being able to leave John, her still being (100% healthily) pregnant could have been very questionable.

I know, not a real huge flaw, but something I just happened to think about.

if its still pretty early which i think it was since she wasnt'' even showing yet
    i think they baby would have been fine

but who knows :]

Comment

No because it had already happened in time and obviously didn't have an effect on current Dean. Little bumps and bruises.

Comment

We can always chalk it up to being why Dean's so messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonR
          We can always chalk it up to being why Dean's so messed up.
          yup ill go with that haha.

i guess its harder to kill a 4 week fetus then a 4 month fetus. its like taking a bird egg wrapping a blanket in it and throwing it agianst the wall then taking the same blanket wrap it around a chicken egg and throw it agianst the wall then wrapping an ostrich egg in the blanket and throwing it into a wall and yes i know ostrich eggs are pretty strong and tough just go with it for the example haha. if you open up the blanket with the first the egg would be safe open for the second it may have a slight scratch or bruise open it for the 3rd its most like going to be smashed.

Comment

It might have hurt the baby a little, but then again, Michael wouldn't have let anything happen to his vessel.

Comment

I don't know about the throwing around but seeing as how Mary was pregnant with Dean and hadn't given birth to Sam yet, if she had left John right then the future still would have been saved/changed because she wouldn't have had Sam.

So she was wrong about it being too late.

Comment

Nice analogy Jeff.

Comment

mary was barely thrown around, it was everyone else who went flying. besides a fetus that small would not be effected by some fighting. if you need proof look at the main bad girl for the latest indy movie she was pregnant while filming and her baby was born perfectly healthy.

as for her being wrong about being to late. the boys never explained to her that anna wanted sam dead they made it sound like she didnt want either of them to be born so in that case it would be to late

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎