Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes in the Alternate Universe--do they all make sense?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in the Alternate Universe--do they all make sense?

Changes on Oceanic Flight 815:

1. Desmond on board. This is possible because the island sank due to the bomb explosion and so events related to Widmore/his daughter would likely be different. But of course it's just a little too convenient for him to happen to be on the same flight. Thus implying that somebody or the Island or some other force ("fate"? God? the Universe? other?) is still influencing things, keeping these people together, for some purpose we have yet to see.

2. Boone but no Shannon. I'm not sure how this makes sense. How does the island's destruction lead to this change?

3. Hugo considers himself the luckiest person alive. But how did he win the lottery in this universe? He got the winning numbers as connected to the island. However no island should mean no numbers being transmitted by radio, right?

4. Locke claims to have gone on the walkabout. Did he actually this time, or was he just lying to save face/have something interesting/cool to say to impress Boone?

5. "Dead" Christian/coffin not on plane. Of course, his body was nowhere to be found on the island after the crash either, only the coffin was found. So maybe this wasn't a change afterall?

6. Rose comforting Jack. In the pilot, it was Jack who comforted Rose. But here Rose is the reassuring one. Does this change mean something? Is AU Rose an "agent" of the Island? The scene reminded me of 12 Monkeys, where at the ending a scientist from the future sits next to who she was after on the airplane, mentioning she was in "insurance". But more importantly, Lost is starting to look a lot like Donnie Darko now -- read all about it here: http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=138660
    Last edited by Xanderman; 02-05-2010, 03:25 AM.

the desmond thing is a bit weird like was he really on the plane or was he not and was he time traveling or what.

have no clue but maybe boone is less caring this time just cause maybe at some point jacob came to him but we didnt see it.

hurley could have used other numbers. he is the luckiest guy alive so maybe his luck did it.

i think locke just lied.

ya maybe jacks dads situation could be still connected to the island or perhaps the airport just made a mistake. this time tho it seems as if the casket was never put on the plane to begin with. maybe one of the off island others took it.

maybe in the flashsideways rose doesnt have cancer (either she never had it or the faith healer was able to heal her) and she is more confident in everything and doesnt have fear anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman

5. "Dead" Christian/coffin not on plane. Of course, his body was nowhere to be found on the island after the crash either, only the coffin was found. So maybe this wasn't a change afterall?
      Almost everything was exactly the same, yet in a completely opposite way if that makes sense? But this was really interesting to me!

Not only did the Coffin disappear, so did Lockes knives. Both of which we know landed on the island. I understand it, but just now as I was trying to explain how that Alternate reality tied in on this it was nearly impossible for me to try and explain it!

Comment

I'm rewatching the episoode now and I completely forgot that in the AU the island is smerged in water. We don't know at which point the timeline changed. It could have gone so far back as before the DI ever came to the island, before Jacob and the man in black became nemesis.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          I'm rewatching the episoode now and I completely forgot that in the AU the island is smerged in water. We don't know at which point the timeline changed. It could have gone so far back as before the DI ever came to the island, before Jacob and the man in black became nemesis.
          it was after the DI since their houses were there.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MannaBanana
          Almost everything was exactly the same, yet in a completely opposite way if that makes sense? But this was really interesting to me!

Not only did the Coffin disappear, so did Lockes knives. Both of which we know landed on the island. I understand it, but just now as I was trying to explain how that Alternate reality tied in on this it was nearly impossible for me to try and explain it!
          ya one thing i also noticed the second time around was the pen thing. like when jack was charlie it was like saving rose and he was looking for a pen.

about things gone missing i was kind of wondering if jins watch would have gone missing and charlies guitar case.
          Last edited by superhippie2000; 02-05-2010, 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
            the desmond thing is a bit weird like was he really on the plane or was he not and was he time traveling or what.
            Yeah, Desmond may be on a "mission", as might Rose who as I mentioned was different this time, more self-assured. And both were directly communicating with Jack.

have no clue but maybe boone is less caring this time just cause maybe at some point jacob came to him but we didnt see it.
            I wonder if Jacob is even alive in the AU...since the island sank after the bomb, I'm assuming everyone who was on it died. But perhaps Jacob was off-island at the time. Or perhaps he can transverse universes, either on his own or through the "will" of the island.

hurley could have used other numbers. he is the luckiest guy alive so maybe his luck did it.
            He jokingly called himself the luckiest guy alive of course but I'm not sure we were supposed to take that literally. This was meant clearly to be a contrast to his OU self, in which he considered himself cursed. But part of the reason for that curse was the "cursed numbers" (which are connected to some equation that predicts Doomsday that the Dharma people were apparently studying). But since the island sank, he should not have come across these numbers. So I guess we're to assume that once again the "island" or some other power is controlling events, and he still gets the winning numbers somehow.

i think locke just lied.
            Yeah, he probably just said what he wished happened, because the truth is too depressing/pathetic--probably didn't want Boone to pity him.

maybe in the flashsideways rose doesnt have cancer (either she never had it or the faith healer was able to heal her) and she is more confident in everything and doesnt have fear anymore.
            Hmm could be. So maybe then in the OU, she was "given" cancer by the island as connected to setting her on a specific path (much as how Ben got cancer in order for Jack to help him, etc). But without the island around in the AU, there is no purpose to be gained from giving her cancer, so she remained healthy. This show's nuts isn't it.

Originally posted by MannaBanana
            Not only did the Coffin disappear, so did Lockes knives. Both of which we know landed on the island.
            Ah so this was definitely a "change" then.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

about visiting boone i ment the first time around which made him bring shannon. this time jacob wouldnt have visited him.

if you read spoilers check out the new one that was just posted about hurly.

ya i just dont know who was on the plane cause of the island and who was on the plane just to be on the plane.

Comment

1. If you think about it, Daniel and Penelope who were born afterwards from the others but on the outside world, could not have existed as the island is destroyed beforehand. So Desmond has no real reason to sail his boat around the world.

2. Shannon . . . maybe she was a offspring of an other that was dead from the island explosion as well. Or as there was no visit from Jacob to Boonie that propel him to take her.

3. Hugo just keeping getting lucky stuff.

4. Locke may have gone on a "Walkabout" as a "Walkabout" is an Aussie term for going a look around the outbacks of Oz and not literally a walk per se as so can be done by a wheelchair.

5.A coffin may have been purposely doubled checked by someone else who needed the coffin to arrive on the island. So someone on the plane may be working with the island, may be it was Shannon?

6. Rose has no cancer and is not as fragile. Or the Island had an cancerous effect on her life somewhere.

. . . . and does no island means no jacob or not?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎