Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the bomb only explode in the Alternate Universe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the bomb only explode in the Alternate Universe?

We saw in the AU that the island was at the bottom of the ocean. However in the original universe, island's just fine. Was the bomb itself "beamed" by the island to the AU during the white flash?

So in the original universe (OU), Jack and the losties were always in the past, however the bomb didn't go off there, and "the incident" was limited only to all of the events which occurred just before Juliet set the bomb off. At that point, the bomb was transported to an AU and blew up only there, creating the AU in the process, and the losties themselves were sent back to the future/present of the OU.

Is this right or am I missing something?

we have 2 versions. 1 if if the bomb worked and 1 if the bomb didnt work. if it worked the plane wouldnt have crashed and if it didnt work they will still be on the island. both realities exsist cause you cant stop exsisting in one reality if your living in a new one. like a mirror your here and in the mirror. if your not infront of the mirror you cant be in the mirror. so if your not in the plane crash reality then you cant be in the non plane crash reality.

Comment

Maybe there was no bomb in the AU Island, maybe fate or something. At least it would fit with the discuss Jacob made with the man in black. Maybe the timeline changed before anyone came to the island: the DI, the others and the castaways.

But, fate has a way of bring them together island or no island. They have always been destined to connect one way or another. It's like the teaser trailer at the end of last season stated, "Destiny Found".

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        we have 2 versions. 1 if if the bomb worked and 1 if the bomb didnt work. if it worked the plane wouldnt have crashed and if it didnt work they will still be on the island. both realities exsist cause you cant stop exsisting in one reality if your living in a new one. like a mirror your here and in the mirror. if your not infront of the mirror you cant be in the mirror. so if your not in the plane crash reality then you cant be in the non plane crash reality.
        In my view, "the Island" (or universe/God/whatever) itself forced this new universe's creation and protected the original timeline (to prevent paradoxes, etc), and at the same time transported the losties back to the future. And the only way this could be done is if the bomb was removed from the OU at the moment it was triggered by placing it in another universe (during the white flash). So the losties' "mission" as directed by this "higher power" was to create this alternate timeline, which will obviously have an ultimate purpose or reason for being needed. Which I'm sure is connected to saving the entire universe (all universes)/the world/humanity from destruction.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        Maybe there was no bomb in the AU Island, maybe fate or something. At least it would fit with the discuss Jacob made with the man in black. Maybe the timeline changed before anyone came to the island: the DI, the others and the castaways.

But, fate has a way of bring them together island or no island. They have always been destined to connect one way or another. It's like the teaser trailer at the end of last season stated, "Destiny Found".
        I think since "dead Juliet" communicated to Miles that "it worked", we can assume that the bomb's explosion is indeed responsible for the AU's existence. But yeah everything's definitely being guided by a higher power/force which foresees the outcome of everything (to which Jacob seems privy too). I wonder if it's just a self-protection mechanism of the universe itself. Along with Jacob, helping to "weave the thread" toward a final outcome that I'm assuming will save the world/universe.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 02-05-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I see the realities as: reality 1: everyone is safe and sound. reality 2: Island and crazy Locke.

I think that in reality 2 we will see them do something that has created everything to go back to normal (i.e reality 1). It is like we are able to see what happens after they save themselves in reality 2. Confusing maybe but that's what I think.

Comment

One thing is for sure its a headache trying to figure it out...but, wow these writers are fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21

it was after the DI came cause underwater their houses were there.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Xanderman
              In my view, "the Island" (or universe/God/whatever) itself forced this new universe's creation and protected the original timeline (to prevent paradoxes, etc), and at the same time transported the losties back to the future. And the only way this could be done is if the bomb was removed from the OU at the moment it was triggered by placing it in another universe (during the white flash). So the losties' "mission" as directed by this "higher power" was to create this alternate timeline, which will obviously have an ultimate purpose or reason for being needed. Which I'm sure is connected to saving the entire universe (all universes)/the world/humanity from destruction.

I think since "dead Juliet" communicated to Miles that "it worked", we can assume that the bomb's explosion is indeed responsible for the AU's existence. But yeah everything's definitely being guided by a higher power/force which foresees the outcome of everything (to which Jacob seems privy too). I wonder if it's just a self-protection mechanism of the universe itself. Along with Jacob, helping to "weave the thread" toward a final outcome that I'm assuming will save the world/universe.
              well as i see it i think the radiation from the bomb was one of the reasons the magentic pulses from the hatch were so powerful and it wasnt just the magentic pulse that braught the plane down.
              Last edited by superhippie2000; 02-05-2010, 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                I see the realities as: reality 1: everyone is safe and sound. reality 2: Island and crazy Locke.

I think that in reality 2 we will see them do something that has created everything to go back to normal (i.e reality 1). It is like we are able to see what happens after they save themselves in reality 2.
                Note though that 1 only exists because of crazy reality 2. As the island does not end up sunk on its own, it's because of the losties from crazy 2 being sent back in time. Crazy 2's past is connected to its own future, and its future to its past. However, 1's past stems from elements of crazy 2's future in the past, and requires its existence. Of course, one could say 2 also requires 1's existence, as 1 is where the bomb ends up at the moment it explodes, thus preserving 2's timeline and keeping its future the same (ie. so that no paradox results). Or something like that?

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                well as i see it i think the radiation from the bomb was one of the reasons the magentic pulses from the hatch were so powerful and it wasnt just the magentic pulse that braught the plane down.
                But the bomb didn't go off in the OU, right? So there should be no radiation afterward (only in the AU). I'm confused as to whether or not the bomb blew up in both timelines or just the AU. But seems to me it just went off in the AU.
                Last edited by Xanderman; 02-05-2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

well the bombs been leaking so its been leaking for 30 years so i assume thats why the hatch had a bigger explsion then it probably would have but not big enough to blow up the island because most of the radiation leaked out. in the new time line i think it blew up right away.

Comment

Good point Xander. Has any other show ever been this confusing and this good?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎