Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sayid alive? or something else?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is...I hope I like and believe Naveen Andrews in his "Jacob" role if that's the way their going.

I'm not a big fan of the Sayid character since he went all killer for Ben, so I don't really expect to enjoy Non-Sayid...but maybe Naveen Andrews will surprise me and do really well.

Comment

wonder if sayid becomes jacob or anyone else if he will use his british accent.

Comment

Another good question, indeed. I think you all have interesting theories, but at this point, I still think it's most likely that it's Jacob, and that he's found his own, personal loophole. Otherwise, why would Jacob have appeared to Hurley and told him to bring Sayid to the Temple like that?

Unless... it was actually Smokey appearing as Jacob, and he was trying to gain yet ANOTHER vessel... Though why is the altar for Smokey in the tunnels way beneath the Temple if Smokey is the enemy of the Others?

But by that same token, do you think Jacob also has the ability to appear as various people, and perhaps he's the one who has been appearing to Hurley all this time, as Charlie, Ana-Lucia, and so on?

The polluted water... It seemed as though it was supposed to have healing powers. At least, that's what I suspected when that one long-haired Asian dude cut his hand and put it in the water, like he thought it would be automatically healed, right?

Lost... as confusingly wonderful or wonderfully confusing as ever!!!

Comment

Naveen had plenty to do in seasons 3 and 4. Those who should complain are Daniel, Yunjin and Emilie.

Comment

I'm drawing a blank to what Sayid really did after Jack brought Juliet to the island in season 3. I don't think he was really that much involved until the finale. Season 4, yes he was involved a lot with the freighter story. Season 5 he disapeared for the second half of the season.

I haven't really heard Daniel complain, but it's completely possible that he does. I think he was someone who pushed for Jin to have his english down by the time the 1977 storyline rolled around. I've heard some pretty nasty things from Yunjin and it kind of surprises me she's still on. I also haven't heard that much from Emile, but again it's very possible and they really haven't given Claire a good storyline since season 1. But I've heard numerous reports about Naveen being unhappy about the status of the show and the status of his character after season 1 which has lead to anytime there's a rumor about someone being written off the show, his name comes up a lot. Other people that complained were Dominic, Harold, and AAA and they all ended up being written off.

Comment

I've heard some pretty nasty things from Yunjin and it kind of surprises me she's still on.
              Really? Like what?
              Naveen is really the only one who's complained was my point. The rest may voice disappointment or concern but not like him. Plus the nature of the show is that each character gets their turn in the spot light. Some just get more turns.

Other people that complained were Dominic, Harold, and AAA and they all ended up being written off.
              I don't think that's true for them...it was for Ian but Dominic wanted to leave and s3 in a way was building toward it. Harold complained later and AAA's parents passed.

Comment

AAA's parents passed but there were a lot of rumors that he was sort of a diva on set and Terry O'Quinn has said that their acting sessions together were a little tense. I've read this before, I believe it was in an interview with TV guide shortly after he left. I heard rumblings about Dominic complaining about his screen time in the beginning of season 3 before we got to the episode where Desmond said he was going to die.

Yunjin talked about how the marriage Jin and Sun have is completely unrealistic for 2004 Korea and that they were basing the marriage off of a Korean sterotype from years ago (I also believe AAA has said something to the effect that Nigeria is not as bad in 2004 as it was portrayed in the 23rd psalm) she's also had some negative things to say about the writing of her character specifically from seasons 2-3. I also remember reading that she wasn't a fan of the pregnant storyline at first because she had seen how Emile didn't like wearing the pregnant suit.

A lot of these things come between seasons 2-3. I'm gonna dig up some old files to see if I can get who said what. But at the same time, a lot of these things are also rumors. There was a lot of talk about how Michelle Rodriguez didn't get along with anyone, but behind the scenes pictures would beg to differ. Since we get a lot of our info from Ausiello and Kristen's sources, it's sort of a he said, she said thing unless they go public with it (Example: Harold after being killed off)

Comment

Yunjin talked about how the marriage Jin and Sun have is completely unrealistic for 2004 Korea and that they were basing the marriage off of a Korean sterotype from years ago (I also believe AAA has said something to the effect that Nigeria is not as bad in 2004 as it was portrayed in the 23rd psalm) she's also had some negative things to say about the writing of her character specifically from seasons 2-3. I also remember reading that she wasn't a fan of the pregnant storyline at first because she had seen how Emile didn't like wearing the pregnant suit.
                  That's tame compared to Naveen imo...he uses a few choice expletives. Plus all of the cast says things like that...Evi, Josh etc. It's an actor's right to say what they don't agree with.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

AAA's parents passed but there were a lot of rumors that he was sort of a diva on set and Terry O'Quinn has said that their acting sessions together were a little tense. I've read this before, I believe it was in an interview with TV guide shortly after he left. I heard rumblings about Dominic complaining about his screen time in the beginning of season 3 before we got to the episode where Desmond said he was going to die.
                  Not everyone gets along. Damon and Carlton have said Eko leaving was all AAA (who keeps in touch with Dom and Harold).
                  Dominic asked if he was going to be important in later storylines..they said no so he left. It wasn't on bad terms as he's kept in touch with many cast and Darlton.

But my point is it's fine for an actor to be upset with things...Naveen can complain but compared to the three i mentioned above he's got it good.

Really though in s6. I think all characters are gonna have great storylines.
                  Last edited by wingster55; 02-03-2010, 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i can kind of understand some of the actors complaing with their storyline cause with a show as big as great as this id probably want a better storyline then just kind of walking thru the jungle every 3 episodes and punch someone every 10th episode. i think to a point characters like sayid needed to have a bigger role in the whole island plot and people like jack and kate could have had smaller roles since the show was heavily focused on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎