No announcement yet.

Worst season ever..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umm
    If you were trying to brag with you knowledge of french, well mission accomplished! Know however this, I could have just as easily writen this post in german or danish, but I chose not to, because I think it's only polite to write in a language accepted by forum threads, so next time please stick to english!
    As to the thopic of the thread! Well I don't consider the season the worst one yet! I think it's rather good, not the best one mind you, cause it has some aspects I strongly dislike, like Clark's current development into an more than ever alien, who has the mannerism and the emotional range of an androide!
    And lastly I speak french like some people speak pig latin, but I strongly disagree with you! Chloe isn't stupid nor is Oliver's only purpose on Smallville to be ridiculed! On some occasions he is more believable as a hero than Clark! Becasue he is human and isn't supposed to be perfect!
    And lastly Smallville was never only about Clark and Lois, but about all the characters combined who have made it, and continue to make it great and watchable!
    Well, I think you misunderstood him. He wasn't saying that Chloe's stupid. He wasn't saying that Oliver was here to be ridiculed. Quite the contrary, he was explaining why he was disagreeing with the original poster on all the points. Also, he never said that the show was only about Clark and Lois... Anyway, I now understand why others shouldn't post in their mother language. But you shouldn't jump to conclusions either.

Comment

I dislike this season because of what they've done with Chloe so far. I'm fine with the amount of Lois screen time she's had in the past so her increased screen time is not a big thrill for me. I did like Sam W.( Davis) so I miss him. Zod is a good villian but it seems we've seen less of him and Tess, more Clois. I like Oliver, but they make him pathetic missing his relationship with Lois. Here's a guy who's suppose to be so wealthy, and the best he's done is Lois Lane, please. I think Tess was the girl he lost, and can't get back, Lois couldn't handle him being Green Arrow, she left him. Yes, this dumb writing bothers me.

Comment

the producers need to do someting for chloe , theu can t let her with her depressive life forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
          The only real problem in reguards to Clark in S4 was he wasn't that involved in the stones storyline, beyond that I don't think there was any better season in terms of him coming off happy and well adjusted.

It should be pointed out that Clark was minimally involved in the Season long storyarc in S3 as well(Lex trying to frame Lionel) yet people don't seem to take issue with that as much.
          I'm sure it's an incredibly unpopular opinion here and in general, but I think Season 3 is the most over-rated season by a mile, and that Season 4 is the most under-rated.

It all depends on one's frame of reference to an extent. Whether one watches it as the Clark vs. Lex show, the Clark & Lana show, the Clark/Lana/Lex/Chloe show, the Clark & Lois show, the S1-S3 forever show, the Clark's journey to Superman show or something else entirely; that colors how the viewer sees it.

To me, it's the 'Clark's journey to Superman' show. Whether taking steps forward, backward, sideways or taking no steps at all; that's been the one constant. And that journey includes seeing, to a lesser extent, the journeys of the people of various importance in his life past, present and future and how they impact him and those around him and vice versa. Not in a previous outside chronology (as this is a retelling that changes/expands upon/creates the backstory but attempts to leave the future as is/will be) but within the show's chronology, said people had/have/will have impact on his journey to various degrees at various times and places.

Because it may have been and may be all those other things at various times, but the only thing it has been the entire time is a show that chronicles Clark's journey to becoming Superman.

Comment

Nah, it's only the worst season if you're looking at it through Chloe-blinders. She has no purpose on the show this season and has been completely margalized so if she's your favorite character then I get how this can be seen as the worst season, but if you're a general Smallville fan I don't really see how this could be the worst. There are other seasons that have just been very weak storywise that would rank far lower, and that most people do generally rank lower (most have already been mentioned). The strength of this season has been the quality of the writing and the storytelling. The stories being told are entertaining and the majority of reviews I have seen of the season are extremely positive.
            Last edited by GreenYarn; 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

NOOOOO! I think this season is by far one of the if not the best,

Comment

Originally posted by Seeya'round Smallville
                I'm sure it's an incredibly unpopular opinion here and in general, but I think Season 3 is the most over-rated season by a mile, and that Season 4 is the most under-rated.
                LOL you preaching to the choir in that case. I felt S3 was really good if you into Lex(or even Chloe or Lionel) but in terms of Clark it wasn't that great as the previous 2 seasons. As I pointed out above if you ignore the season long storyarcs(both which really don't involve Clark) in S3 + 4(to which I admit S3 was miles better), the Clark stuff in S4 was better then S3

Comment

I think seaon 9 is the best. Clois is here and they are finally doing a decent job in portraying it. I like that dymanic that Clark is stepping up and not taking crap from anybody. He is calling people out on their crap and i love it. The time for that is long over due. I love how we have a villian who thinks and plans more than just jumping into something. Zod is great because you can never figture out what else he has up his sleeve.The action and storylines have made sense so far for the most part unlike last years with the uneed plot line of Lana. It seem that they have given the same bipolar tendenices to Ollie this year. I really hope he gets back to himself soon.

The best thing in the world is that Chloe screen time is down a lot.(Ollie is getting way to much, cut his down for chloe if that is the case) I thought Chloeville was horrible last year. she has had plenty of screen time for years. This might very well be the last season and I would like to have one season of this show where I don't look at only 12 or 13 episodes. I mean I put up with characters i aboslutly despise and hate like Lana and Chloe for years. So when people fuss about lois screen time it baffles me.

Seaon 7 was the worst. Its seems that Lana , Chloe and Lex were the only characters that mattered on the show. I mean Kara was brought on but they did nothing with her. Clark was just there on the screen half the time to fill the space in the room. the story line was total season 4 recon and beyond stupid. lex so called jump into dark side was wasted in one lame daddy kiing shot. For me that was seven years climax down the drain. Clan still didn't learn their lesson and Chloe still did not learn to get a life of her own, nor stop being a hypocrite. They made Lois ethically challenged, Jimmy barely was on other than to play Lana the male version between Chloe and kara. Grant was a bore and so predictable. Pete time comming back was wasted on the # 3rd worst episode in the history of the show(Power #2 and Doomsday #1) The writing was bad. That season was horrible. Nobody had any creative imput of image and good story telling.
                  Last edited by doodie8808; 02-01-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

If Chloe was switched with Lois and she was the one getting all the great storylines this wouldn't be "the worst season" ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenYarn
                      Nah, it's only the worst season if you're looking at it through Chloe-blinders. She has no purpose on the show this season and has been completely margalized so if she's your favorite character then I get how this can be seen as the worst season, but if you're a general Smallville fan I don't really see how this could be the worst. There are other seasons that have just been very weak storywise that would rank far lower, and that most people do generally rank lower (most have already been mentioned). The strength of this season has been the quality of the writing and the storytelling. The stories being told are entertaining and the majority of reviews I have seen of the season are extremely positive.

ITA It still bafftles me to how did Smallville get changed to Charactersville for some(Chloe , Lana, Lex, Ollie) and screw you for others(Clark Jimmy, Lois, Kara)

Comment

Originally posted by Candice
                        If Chloe was switched with Lois and she was the one getting all the great storylines this wouldn't be "the worst season" ever.
                        No it would not be. While I like how Clark and Chloe use to be and there friendship, I would never want them romantically involved with one another. However, I wouldn't mind Chloe getting some character development though, so far this season Oliver and Lois seem to have been getting the most development JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Candice
                          For arguement sake I think you can make that arguement for any fan of the show. Seasons characters they like generally come accross better and get bigger stories, they seem to prefer.

I go back to S3 as an example of a Season that seems to have a divide how good it was, I usually find people who enjoyed that season are heavily into Lex's character(which doesn't suprise me because it probably was one of the stronger Lex seasons). If somebody was big into Lex I could see them not having as much interest in S4,6 or 7(8&9 as well) on the flipside
                          Last edited by Supsfan; 02-01-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Season 7 had a handful of decent episodes, like monkeyto I enjoyed the "Veritas" storyline (yeah, I'm in the minority). However, I definitely think it is the weakest season of the series. "Sleeper" has my vote as the worst episode of the entire series. "Power" was absolutely abysmal, but I'd rather watch that over "Sleeper" anytime!

So far Season 9 has been great, aside from minor nitpicks I am really enjoying it. I especially love the fact that Clark has the 'S' on his chest this season!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                              To each their own. I'm enjoying this season so far.
                              Same here love S9

Comment

It probably helps that I am not 100% sold how this show portrays Clark's "destiny"(which is usually portrayed in a very negative way where you just know something will go wrong to make Clark depressed) so I find the less focus the show has on it in general the better. lol
                                I understand, Clark destiny and relationship with Jor-el could have been written in a more positive light. I liked parts of though were it felt like was moving forward. Plus I will always have a soft spot for the Clark /Lex dynamic. I thought that was handled pretty well in the early seasons.

Lana and Clark didn't share much screentime in S4, more episodes then not didn't even touch Clana. The Clana near the end of S4 actually(Spirit - Commencement) was writtern to be somewhat happy. As for Clark "constantly" being depressed, he actually seemed to handle Lana moving on well, it wasn't like he let it get him down and wallowed in his loft for a whole season, instead he went out and joined the football team and actually enjoyed himself.
                                I always felt during season 4, Clark was portrayed as Lana's stalker. I just got the feeling that he was never going to move on. Maybe it is becuase of how Lana treated Clark like he was still in love with her, and Clark feeling on that were ignored.

That was a 2 episode storyline, although I believe they should have hinted at it in a third episode, Clark's depression was a non issue beyond those 2 episodes.
                                I think it was an issue in terms of Clark's downward spiral as it was another incident were Clark blamed himself what happened, in that he couldn't save Alicia.

I honestly don't remember Clark being depressed for an extented period, which basically makes S4 and S1 the only 2 seasons that can claim that. Most the times he did get despressed were resolved by episodes end as opposed to lingering for a few episodes. As for S5, the choices the writers producers made in S5 were S5 issues in my eyes, they are the ones who create storylines and they can go anyway they want. They decided to turn S5 into a slightly darker season
                                I saw Clark as depressed I will just leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎