No announcement yet.

Worst season ever..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincessKent
    How long do these types of best friend relationships last where everything is super great and you just brush things under the rug because omg he or she is my friend... Not all best friends have peachy rosey relationships, everyone has their ups and downs and I'm glad their exploring this faucet of the relationship between clark and chloe because it makes them even more stronger and believable.... spending sometime apart gives you a new perspective on life and the relationship as a whole.... and I like that Clark's doing his thing and Chloe is as well. Only reason I believe in my opinion why you feel they aren't friends any more is because Clark isn't in approval with what Chloe is doing, but I think its perfectly normal between friends, you have your disagreements. I mean I would hate my best friend if he or she never called me out on things. It's a two way street their both mature adults I'm pretty sure they can handle it, and it doesn't seem like their tearing up the friendship, its just a part of their relationship they haven't EVER visited, things along way change and viewpoints alter you can't be on the same page forever. They just need to find a common ground between themselves because Chloe is under the mentality that if the end justifies the mean its fine but Clark does not believe in that, and this isn't highschool anymore Clark's learned alot and as has Chloe so their opinions about things in life have changed.... thats why I think Chloe and Oliver are going to become closer because they kind of have the similar mindset of if "the end justifies the mean" its okay mentality... this is a growing process, and its long overdue between Chloe and Clark, they needed to progress these characters awhile back but they never did which is too bad.
    except they have tearing down the Chlark friendship since season 6 and I am tired of it. I thought that they would go back to being friends after Lana left, but instead the producers decided to drive them further apart. I want the old Chlark friendship back.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      As for Chloe, I love her but hate what they are doing to her character by tearing up the Chlark friendship.
      I also love her, but seeing the Chlark friendship being torn up like that is really painful. The worst is knowing that despite Clark doing his best to be a friend, Chloe is still shutting him out. Also, she's now keeping stuff from him, for no apparent reason. I can't understand her motives sometimes.

Comment

except they have tearing down the Chlark friendship since season 6 and I am tired of it. I thought that they would go back to being friends after Lana left, but instead the producers decided to drive them further apart. I want the old Chlark friendship back.
        You mean like in S1 when Chloe went overboard doing a school project on Clark and invaded his privacy a wee bit to much? Or in S2 when Chloe sold Clark out to further her career? Or S3 there seemed to be a lil angst between the 2 when Clark found out what Chloe did? Surely it can't be S4 BFF Chloe because you seem to dislike that season
        Last edited by Supsfan; 02-01-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
          You mean like in S1 when Chloe went overboard doing a school project on Clark and invaded his privacy a wee bit to much? Or in S2 when Chloe sold Clark out to further her career?

I am talking about when they worked together, and actually talked things out. And season 4 was okay for Chlark but overall I felt it was bad for Clark, which is why I felt it was the worst season.
          Last edited by Degobunny; 02-01-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

And season 4 was okay for Chlark but overall I felt it was bad for Clark, which is why I felt it was the worst season.
            Take away the stones storyline how exactly was it bad for Clark? He wasn't in a constant state of depression about his lovelfie, so that a start. It seems like most his personal relationships where normal. He still did all his hero'ing that he did earlier season with whoever was the bad guy of the week.
            Last edited by Supsfan; 02-01-2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Take away the stones storyline how exactly was it bad for Clark?
              I already explained this. Clark destiny took a backseat to everything else in season 4. So that is why it was bad for Clark. If the stones storyline was taken out maybe it would have better it really depends on what would have been the focus then.

Comment

Clark's at a stage where he doesn't need to work with Chloe anymore or talk things out, those days are long gone.... he can do it himself... I really believe they just show him now coming to her more for just the hell of it cuz its convenient and they need to involve chloe somehow... but Clark's already on his game and knows what he needs to do... that's why I believe Chloe's character as super genius hacker bird isn't needed much on the show, they should progress her character into doing something else other then being Clarks sidekick 24/7... I'm pretty sure Clark can whip up the computer and type really fast and find things himself....
                Last edited by PrincessKent; 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Season 7!? That's like my worst! I love this season.

Comment

Take away the stones storyline how exactly was it bad for Clark? He wasn't in a constant state of depression about his lovelfie, so that a start. It seems like most his personal relationships where normal. He still did all his hero'ing that he did earlier season with whoever was the bad guy of the week.
                    I seem to remember him being in constant depression about Lana getting a new boyfriend. And the Alicia came back only to die, sending Clark into depression. In many way season 4 was the beginning of Clark downward spiral into depression that became full blown after Jonathan died in season 5.

Comment

I already explained this. Clark destiny took a backseat to everything else in season 4.
                      It probably helps that I am not 100% sold how this show portrays Clark's "destiny"(which is usually portrayed in a very negative way where you just know something will go wrong to make Clark depressed) so I find the less focus the show has on it in general the better. lol

I seem to remember him being in constant depression about Lana getting a new boyfriend.
                      Lana and Clark didn't share much screentime in S4, more episodes then not didn't even touch Clana. The Clana near the end of S4 actually(Spirit - Commencement) was writtern to be somewhat happy. As for Clark "constantly" being depressed, he actually seemed to handle Lana moving on well, it wasn't like he let it get him down and wallowed in his loft for a whole season, instead he went out and joined the football team and actually enjoyed himself.

And the Alicia came back only to die, sending Clark into depression.
                      That was a 2 episode storyline, although I believe they should have hinted at it in a third episode, Clark's depression was a non issue beyond those 2 episodes.

In many way season 4 was the beginning of Clark downward spiral into depression that became full blown after Jonathan died in season 5.
                      I honestly don't remember Clark being depressed for an extented period, which basically makes S4 and S1 the only 2 seasons that can claim that. Most the times he did get despressed were resolved by episodes end as opposed to lingering for a few episodes. As for S5, the choices the writers producers made in S5 were S5 issues in my eyes, they are the ones who create storylines and they can go anyway they want. They decided to turn S5 into a slightly darker season
                      Last edited by Supsfan; 02-01-2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Here. If you speak french then let me speak it for you and tell you what I think about the points you've made.
                        1.Chloé n'est pas une fille stupide qui fait de mauvaises décisions, elle est toute simplement faire des choses qu'elle considère comme le droit de mettre les gens à leur place qui lui revient. Qu'est-ce qu'elle a fait à Oliver était de le faire revenir dans le moule d'être un héros depuis son esprit était déjà rompue. Elle a fait un bon travail à lui aussi, jusqu'à ce que Oliver a commencé à devenir jaloux à propos de Loïs et Clark.
                        2. Zod n'est pas une plaisanterie. Il est plus propre que tout autre interprétation lui a été. Il est d'exploiter la faiblesse de Clark à fond et c'est ce qui le rend dangereux.
                        3. Quoi de Oliver se rendant ridicule? Le fait qu'il n'est pas prêt à passer tout de suite? La plupart des gens ont réellement besoin d'un moment difficile de se détacher de leurs exes, rien de ridicule que, juste un peu plus réaliste.
                        4.Son savoir sur Clark et Lois et de ses désormais un agréable changement de rythme au lieu de voir les gens du pin tout le temps. Je l'aime et la plupart des gens comme eux, comme un couple aussi.
                        If you were trying to brag with you knowledge of french, well mission accomplished! Know however this, I could have just as easily writen this post in german or danish, but I chose not to, because I think it's only polite to write in a language accepted by forum threads, so next time please stick to english!
                        As to the thopic of the thread! Well I don't consider the season the worst one yet! I think it's rather good, not the best one mind you, cause it has some aspects I strongly dislike, like Clark's current development into an more than ever alien, who has the mannerism and the emotional range of an androide!
                        And lastly I speak french like some people speak pig latin, but I strongly disagree with you! Chloe isn't stupid nor is Oliver's only purpose on Smallville to be ridiculed! On some occasions he is more believable as a hero than Clark! Becasue he is human and isn't supposed to be perfect!
                        And lastly Smallville was never only about Clark and Lois, but about all the characters combined who have made it, and continue to make it great and watchable!
                        Last edited by umm; 02-01-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by umm
                          If you were trying to brag with you knowledge of french, well mission accomplished! Know however this, I could have just as easily writen this post in german or danish, but I chose not to, because I think it's only polite to write in a language aceepted by forum threads, so next time please stick to english!
                          As to the thopic of the thread! Well I don't consider the season necissarily the worst one yet! I think it's rather good, not the best one mind you, cause it has some aspects I strongly dislike, like Clark's current development into an more than ever alien, who has the mannerism and the emotional range of an androide!
                          And lastly I speak french like some people smeak pig latin, but I strongly disagree with you! Chloe isn't stupid nor is Oliver's only purpose on Smallville to be ridiculed! On some occasions he is more believable as a hero than Clark! Becasue he is human and isn't supposed to be perfect!
                          And lastly Smallville was never only about Clark and Lois, but about all the characters combined who have made it, and continue to make it great and watchable!
                          Well it seemed like last year was the Chloe show.... and Smallville definitely isn't only about Chloe... they've put most of the other characters like Oliver and Lois on the backburner and finally they are bringing them to the forefront along with Clark and progressing their characters like they should have awhile ago... I recall in the comics in Superboy, the young Clark Kent met Lois and Green Arrow, people assume that these characters have no place in Smallville but they do, Smallville is very true to its source then people think. I'm actually quite happy we're seeing more about Oliver and Lois and how they co-exist with Clark this year its long overdue...

Comment

I think this is the best season. With Seasons 5/7 being the worst. I wonder what the common denominator is with those 2 seasons.

S9
                            S6
                            S4
                            S2
                            S3
                            S1/S8
                            S5
                            S7

Comment

Well I agree with the original poster:
                              1) Too much Lois -- I find her annoying
                              2) Clark's personality change is not to my liking -- while some see him as strong and independent, I see him as a jerk and not nearly as independent as people think he is.
                              3) Ollie is Ollie, still in love with Lois is ridiculous since he was pimping Clois in Bride last year.
                              4) The Chlark friendship was the best thing about this show for me. Since they've destroyed that, the season is mostly unwatchable for me.
                              5) I hate what they've done with Chloe and her lack of screentime is criminal in my mind.
                              6) Clois in annoying.
                              7) Did I mention, too much Lois? Yeah, WAAAAAYYYY too much for me.

So, I'm with the OP on hating this season. S5 (for the Chlark) or S3 (for the Clex) were my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tebow15
                                With Seasons 5/7 being the worst. I wonder what the common denominator is with those 2 seasons.
                                From S5-7 Clark basically was written to be an idiot who couldn't think for himself and constantly depressed about one thing or another. I refer to those seasons as the Soap Opera years. S5+7 are on my worst Season lists as well, as bad as Lexana was in S6, I thought there was enough gimmicks to make the other half of it somewhat interesting(ie take the good with the beyond terrible)
                                Last edited by Supsfan; 02-01-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎