Worst season ever..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginevrakent
    Word .

I mean, what about saying the reverse? Most people who aren't Cloisers or ship another girl with Clark could be biased against this season. I don't think either generalization is fair, and as a result I think it best to leave generalizations out of this discussion. Besides, we all obviously have different reasons for watching the show, different likes and dislikes, and viewing experiences. One person's favorite season could be another person's least favorite. I don't think either opinion is more valid than the other.

Personally, I'm really liking this season as opposed to other seasons because unlike many, I never really warmed to the whole Luthor aspect of the show. I find Zod much more compelling. I also lost interest in Clana over 5 years ago and Chloe's slowly been losing favor with me since S6, but especially after last year. I used to really like Oliver, and I think I still do, but I'm getting a bit tired of his storyline, so that has been a bit of a drawback to this season for me. I'm also a big fan of the Superman mythos, so seeing Clark training, sporting his shield, saving people in Metropolis, working at the DP, getting into a relationship with Lois Lane, etc. is very entertaining and fulfilling to me.

Mileage of course varies, but that's what's great about a diverse fandom, isn't it?

ETA: While I studied French for 6 years, and it's lovely to see it, I don't think we're allowed to post in other languages.

Sorry again. I didn't mean it as an offense. Seriously. I even edited the original post. Anyway, I guess I'll edit the French post also since it's not permitted on the forum *sigh* My French was rusting and i was soo happy to post in French Anyway, I always loved Lex, he's been my favourite evil character EVER on TV for 7 years I think. So, I'm still not over him, and while season 8 was quite okay with the prospect of a fight between Doomsday and Clark, I'm more disappointed by that one since we're mostly seeing the romance part and not enough of the bad guy. Anyway, I'm also loving the Clois... Seriously, the opening scene was soo wow. It made me go 'aww' when Clark kissed her... Anyway, that's me going off-topic. I apologise once again.

Comment

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Season 9 is the BEST SO FAR!!!.........its had zombies for petes sake. Season 7 sucked due to the strike. that was the worst. Zod is a sweet villian. He is a differnt kind of villian than were used to and that is y i like it. Chloe is just Chloe, what can you do, she is always the same. she has always made bad decisions. Oliver is getting BA. I like his story line. and Clark and Lois are SUPPOSED to be togheter. it wouldnt be superman with out lois and clark.

so i completely dissagree with you on this one pal. Season 9 is teh best weve ever had next to 4 and 6

Comment

Originally posted by zguida09
        Zod is a sweet villian.
        LOL hahaha just reading this part had me cracking up "sweet villian"
        sweet villian

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyto
          thanks cara for the post in french : merci c 'est super sympas ! ^^
          Aww you're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
            Sorry again. I didn't mean it as an offense. Seriously. I even edited the original post.
            It's okay. I'm sorry I posted before noticing you had edited your original comment.

Anyway, I guess I'll edit the French post also since it's not permitted on the forum *sigh* My French was rusting and i was soo happy to post in French
            My French is probably very rusty considering I haven't had to use it in 5 years. It was cool to read it though. No worries! You should be proud that you can write in French so well.

Anyway, I always loved Lex, he's been my favourite evil character EVER on TV for 7 years I think. So, I'm still not over him, and while season 8 was quite okay with the prospect of a fight between Doomsday and Clark, I'm more disappointed by that one since we're mostly seeing the romance part and not enough of the bad guy. Anyway, I'm also loving the Clois... Seriously, the opening scene was soo wow. It made me go 'aww' when Clark kissed her... Anyway, that's me going off-topic. I apologise once again.
            I've long since reconciled myself with the idea that I'm in the minority when it comes to Lex. It's just a personal thing, I can understand why others would find him a fascinating character. I do have to say that I think Michael Rosenbaum did a great job in the role, and he is such a interesting and funny guy outside of his Lex persona. I'm glad you're loving the Clois this season, but yes I don't want to drift too far off-topic. Once again, apologies accepted .

Comment

This season has been my favourite so far as:

1. I have enjoyed all the episode so far, including Kandor and I don't usually enjoy episodes without Lois much.

2. I love all the regular characters this year

3. Clark has been great doing his Blur thing and training and being all grown up

4. Lois is not being shoved aside like she has in the past

5. Even though I don't like most of Chloe's actions this year I'm interested in her story and to see what happens with her next

6. Oliver I like so I enjoy his story too

7. Tess is more kick ass than she was last season- which I didn't think was possible but I do wish we could see more of her

8. Zod is awsome and I'm much more interested in him than a was Davis as he doesn't revolve around a woman making him more evil and less pathetic

9. I love the Clark/Lois romance and I'm really happy with their developement

Anyway I love this season but each to their own. It could be better(like if Jimmy were still around) but I doubt we will ever get a perfect season that will please everyone.
              Last edited by BabyFratelli; 02-01-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

While I agree this season has been bad, I would say it is not the worst ever. IMO season 4 was the worst, becuase that was when Clark becoming Superman took a back seat to everything else going on.

As for Chloe, I love her but hate what they are doing to her character by tearing up the Chlark friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                  IMO season 4 was the worst, becuase that was when Clark becoming Superman took a back seat to everything else going on.
                  The only real problem in reguards to Clark in S4 was he wasn't that involved in the stones storyline, beyond that I don't think there was any better season in terms of him coming off happy and well adjusted.

It should be pointed out that Clark was minimally involved in the Season long storyarc in S3 as well(Lex trying to frame Lionel) yet people don't seem to take issue with that as much.

Comment

well coming from someone who has watched the show on and off over the past years season 9 is what really got me totally hooked! so much so that i've been rewatching everything that i've missed so i'm all caught up. So in my opinion they've done an amazing job this year, but yea everyone has their own opinions i guess.

Comment

Im sorry but season 7 was your favorite....there is no need to comment any further than this.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyto
                        i loved the veritas arc in season 7... i love the dynamic between lex an lionel. Personnaly my least favorite character is clarck and from the beginning (in season one or two) so i don t care about clarck... SAm witwer was a very good actor i think and davis was an exceptional character except for the episode doomsday...
                        Uh.. the whole show is supposed to be about clark, not liking that character is just bound to make you unhappy altogether. It would be like going to see a Superman movie, but not liking superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                          While I agree this season has been bad, I would say it is not the worst ever. IMO season 4 was the worst, becuase that was when Clark becoming Superman took a back seat to everything else going on.

As for Chloe, I love her but hate what they are doing to her character by tearing up the Chlark friendship.
                          How long do these types of best friend relationships last where everything is super great and you just brush things under the rug because omg he or she is my friend... Not all best friends have peachy rosey relationships, everyone has their ups and downs and I'm glad their exploring this faucet of the relationship between clark and chloe because it makes them even more stronger and believable.... spending sometime apart gives you a new perspective on life and the relationship as a whole.... and I like that Clark's doing his thing and Chloe is as well. Only reason I believe in my opinion why you feel they aren't friends any more is because Clark isn't in approval with what Chloe is doing, but I think its perfectly normal between friends, you have your disagreements. I mean I would hate my best friend if he or she never called me out on things. It's a two way street their both mature adults I'm pretty sure they can handle it, and it doesn't seem like their tearing up the friendship, its just a part of their relationship they haven't EVER visited, things along way change and viewpoints alter you can't be on the same page forever. They just need to find a common ground between themselves because Chloe is under the mentality that if the end justifies the mean its fine but Clark does not believe in that, and this isn't highschool anymore Clark's learned alot and as has Chloe so their opinions about things in life have changed.... thats why I think Chloe and Oliver are going to become closer because they kind of have the similar mindset of if "the end justifies the mean" its okay mentality... this is a growing process, and its long overdue between Chloe and Clark, they needed to progress these characters awhile back but they never did which is too bad.
                          Last edited by PrincessKent; 02-01-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                            The only real problem in reguards to Clark in S4 was he wasn't that involved in the stones storyline, beyond that I don't think there was any better season in terms of him coming off happy and well adjusted.
                            I'm not sure what you mean Clark wasn't involved in the stones. He found them all 1st and last episodes. Went to China to find a stone. Kept Lana/witch from getting the stone in the cave. Of course other characters were involved as well to make the storyline more interesting. Maybe you could explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan

It should be pointed out that Clark was minimally involved in the Season long storyarc in S3 as well(Lex trying to frame Lionel) yet people don't seem to take issue with that as much.
                              Possibly Becuase season 3 focused on Lex's destiny which intertwined with Clark's. And towards the end they made a point of focusing on both there destinies with the whole Kawachi cave stuff with the traveler and the destroyer.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                                I'm not sure what you mean Clark wasn't involved in the stones. He found them all 1st and last episodes. Went to China to find a stone. Kept Lana/witch from getting the stone in the cave. Of course other characters were involved as well to make the storyline more interesting. Maybe you could explain.
                                A common complaint I see about S4 is that Clark wasn't really involved with the stones. Basically it seemed like everybody else was doing stuff every episode(Lex, Lionel, Lana, Teagues) but Clark only stepped up for 3-4 episodes during the season to do anything about them. In the end everybody else found them but they came in Clark's hands.

Way I look at it is I wasn't a fan of the stones storyline in general, but if you just focus on the Clark stuff in S4, I don't think there was a season he came off better(largely due to lack of relationship angst, jor-el making Clark's life a living hell or everybody having to know what is Clark's secret storylines)
                                Last edited by Supsfan; 02-01-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎