Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst season ever..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As bad as this season has been, I still say season 6 is the worse.

Comment

Very much enjoying this season... it's refreshing to see!!! finally Smallville is doing what it should have long time ago, progressing the characters along instead of having them do the same song and dance year after year... people just hate change because the characters their accustomed to are doing something else and actually maturing for a change. Not everything can be happy go lucky, these characters have to go through a transitional phase of ups and downs...

Plus this isn't highschool anymore, these characters are adults now... no more of the lets hang out at the talon and solve the latest meteor freak of the week time.... no more of that cute artsy fartsy thing... Clark's doing his thing and the other characters are also...
      Last edited by PrincessKent; 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I can understand why you don't like this season. I also think it's the weakest one so far... Well, in a way, it's no longer the Smallville we loved. Lex is no longer there and what they're doing with Chloe is a little painful to watch. But the Clois, while it appeared forced to me at the beginning, has definitely grown on me. Clark's trying to be Chloe's friend again... and with Chlollie coming I'm sure I'll have many more scenes which will make up what you thought was an excess of Clois romance so far. Also, i think that Chloe's acting like that because she's suffered so much that investing herself in nothing else but what she thinks is her job is what she does to cope. As for Zod, I so love him because of his English accent... and he's funny but that doesn't bother me. Oliver is not ridiculous in my opinion. He has to take some time to get over Lois, that's understandable...
        Last edited by cara410; 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyto
          1. Chloe is not a real chloe we love , she is just a stupid girl you make bad decisons .
          Chloe is back to her season 3 self. All bad decisions.
          2. zod (and callum blue ...) is a joke , he is supposed to THE villain but he make me laugh...
          I think Zod is the most sadistic and twisted villain SV has ever had.
          3 oliver just getting ridiculous..
          Yeah, I agree. I'm really tired of his depression. I liked him better in season 6
          5. too much lois and clarck this is not romanceville......
          I think it's better than Clanaville.

I prefer season 7 ...
          I hated season 7. IMO that was the worst season of SV.

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
            Most of the posters here are Clois advocates. So, you'll get 1000 posters disagreeing with you.
            Thats offensive. Just because someone favors a particular ship doesn't mean it clouds their judgement over the season.

Comment

I prefer season 7 ...

Each to it's own I guess. For me season 7 was the biggest waste of 20 hours of my life. Every character suffered and came of looking like spare parts. What a sad way to write out MR.

I personally love this season. Its not my favourite mind, season 3 is, but I'd still rank it my top three (so far). I personally love Clark's pro-active, confident and assertive approach. I think Zod is a great addition and the dynamic between him and Clark is an interesting one. Lois is blossoming as a great reporter and I love her relationship with Clark. Tess is awesome as always.

IMO the only characters to really suffer this year are Chloe and Oliver. I still enjoy watching them but I just find them way too inconsistant these days.

So far,so good though.

Comment

Most of the posters here are Clois advocates. So, you'll get 1000 posters disagreeing with you. But don't worry, I can understand why you don't like this season. I also think it's the weakest one so far... Well, in a way, it's no longer the Smallville we loved. Lex is no longer there and what they're doing with Chloe is a little painful to watch. But the Clois, while it appeared forced to me at the beginning, has definitely grown on me. Clark's trying to be Chloe's friend again... and with Chlollie coming I'm sure I'll have many more scenes which will make up what you thought was an excess of Clois romance so far. Also, i think that Chloe's acting like that because she's suffered so much that investing herself in nothing else but what she thinks is her job is what she does to cope. As for Zod, I so love him because of his English accent... and he's funny but that doesn't bother me. Oliver is not ridiculous in my opinion. He has to take some time to get over Lois, that's understandable...
                No need for the generalizations all you had to say was that you agreed. However, I can see where monkeyto is coming from and even agree on some of the reasons they had for not liking this season. I just don't think it's the worst season, especially with episode like Metallo.

Comment

Sorry for that post. I didn't mean for it to be disrespectful to non-French speakers.
                  Last edited by cara410; 02-01-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                    Thats offensive. Just because someone favors a particular ship doesn't mean it clouds their judgement over the season.
                    Word .

I mean, what about saying the reverse? Most people who aren't Cloisers or ship another girl with Clark could be biased against this season. I don't think either generalization is fair, and as a result I think it best to leave generalizations out of this discussion. Besides, we all obviously have different reasons for watching the show, different likes and dislikes, and viewing experiences. One person's favorite season could be another person's least favorite. I don't think either opinion is more valid than the other.

Personally, I'm really liking this season as opposed to other seasons because unlike many, I never really warmed to the whole Luthor aspect of the show. I find Zod much more compelling. I also lost interest in Clana over 5 years ago and Chloe's slowly been losing favor with me since S6, but especially after last year. I used to really like Oliver, and I think I still do, but I'm getting a bit tired of his storyline, so that has been a bit of a drawback to this season for me. I'm also a big fan of the Superman mythos, so seeing Clark training, sporting his shield, saving people in Metropolis, working at the DP, getting into a relationship with Lois Lane, etc. is very entertaining and fulfilling to me.

Mileage of course varies, but that's what's great about a diverse fandom, isn't it?

ETA: While I studied French for 6 years, and it's lovely to see it, I don't think we're allowed to post in other languages.
                    Last edited by ginevrakent; 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Oliver prend du temps a se remettre de sa rupture parce qu'il a toujours des sentiments pour Lois, et c'est assez normal. Elle était l'amour de sa vie. Il sait maintenant qu'elle ne ressent plus la même chose pour lui mais je pense que cela lui fait toujours mal. D'après moi, après sa depression, il s'est rendu compte que sa relation avec Lois était une des bonnes choses qu'il a gâché dans le passé. Et donc, il a voulu la recuperer... Mais il s'y est pris trop tard vu que son cœur appartient maintenant a Clark.

Quant a Chloe, je ne pense pas qu'elle soit stupide. Elle a pris de mauvaises decisions, mais elle les a toujours prises de bon coeur, parce qu'elle croyait qu'elle faisait la bonne chose. Je pense qu'elle s'est aussi un peu renfermée sur elle même, et a des difficultés a croire en les autres après tout ce qui s'est passe avec Davis et Jimmy.

Enfin, ce n'est que mon opinion... mais bon... Comme je l'ai dit avant, je comprends pourquoi vous n'aimez pas trop cette saison... Mais moi je vais attendre la fin pour donner mon avis général sur la saison.

(most of my points in French )
                      Oh come on! I don't speak French, no fair!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                        I'm sorry, I didn't mean it as something offensinve... I'll edit my original post.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Dominicus
                        No need for the generalizations all you had to say was that you agreed. However, I can see where monkeyto is coming from and even agree on some of the reasons they had for not liking this season. I just don't think it's the worst season, especially with episode like Metallo.
                        Sorry again. I didn't mean to offend any of you I'll edit my original post.
                        Last edited by cara410; 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

thanks cara for the post in french : merci c 'est super sympas ! ^^

Comment

Um...I like this season...

~H

Comment

Sorry again. I didn't mean to offend any of you I'll edit my original post.
                              No harm, and I translated the previous post of yours, and I agree on a lot points you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
                                Oh come on! I don't speak French, no fair!

Neither do I. I think it's quite rude that people are posting in other languages that most people around here don't understand. What if everyone start posting in their native languages?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎