Chloe's Metaphors!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umm
    Pray what are you implying?
    That some characters on Smallville have personality, Lois being one of the few, and others don't!
    And one doesn't have to be Sherloc Holmes to deduce, given the fact that we have been comparing Lois and Chloe, that you count Chloe amongst the less fortunate characters on Smallville who lack the more colorful personality and thus when they atempt to use metaphors it falls flat on their face! Am I somehwere in the ballpark?
    Thats right. =]

Comment

You know I'm fine with the metaphor talk but sometimes she can go overboard... they need to keep it at a minimum... Chloe can be equally smart without the metaphors in my opinion, they don't need to prop up her character with her having to blurt out metaphor laced comments every single minute.

Comment

Thats right. =]
        Well in that case we couldn't disagree more! But then again judging by your screen name, I might have known, you would have troubles remaining objective!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

You know I'm fine with the metaphor talk but sometimes she can go overboard... they need to keep it at a minimum... Chloe can be equally smart without the metaphors in my opinion, they don't need to prop up her character with her having to blurt out metaphor laced comments every single minute.
        Yeah but that is one of her things! Has been since season 1, episode 1! THough depending on her mood on a given day, they do differ, sarcastic, ironic, sardonic, humoristic etc... In later seasons admitedly the humoristic ones have been replaced by the subtle, ironic, sardonic and when she is angry, sarcastic ones!
        Last edited by umm; 01-31-2010, 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by umm
          Well in that case we couldn't disagree more! But then again judging by your screen name, I might have known, you would have troubles remaining objective!
          First, I would really dont judge anyone by the screen name. I don't judge you, and I would ask just the same.

Do you want more than just a little statement with sarcasm? Because I would not bother myself to state the obvious, but sometimes it is good to makes things clear.

Chloe Sullivan, an original Smallville character designed to be a sidekick to Clark Kent and a foil to Lana's character and claimed to be the future Lois Lane in that Chlois theory, has not been developed her personality by the years, or maybe she has it done to a total fail. If you draw a timeline for Chloe's personality would be: Funny/Tender to Completely Annoying. She is a complete nothing now. She has lost it completely. Sometimes she is like Oliver, a foil to Clark. Sometimes she is like Lois, a sidekick love interest to be, Sometimes she is just someone to fill the void.

Do not get me wrong here, I am not a Chloe hater, for YEARS, I might say for 4 years, she was my favourite character in the show, but since Season 4 she has been a pruck. We know more about Lois Lane's character than Chloe's and this girl has been on the show since forever!!! I mean, Lois has a personality, she is a well developed character, and do not blame me... I do not write Smallville or own it or play Lois' character...

I mean, what's Chloe motivation? (as a character) What does she like to do in her free time? whats her favourite band? What kind of food does she like to have most when she is happy? sad? hangover? Has she ever been outside the US? Does she speak another language? Does she have a dream? Does she misses her dad? mom? former husband?

I am totally serious when I say that... and this is not Wicked Lois talking, its just plain Clara.
          Last edited by Wicked Lois; 01-31-2010, 08:41 AM. Reason: having troubles remaining objective

Comment

I mean, what's Chloe motivation? (as a character) What does she like to do in her free time? whats her favourite band? What kind of food does she like to have most when she is happy? sad? hangover? Did she ever been outside the US? Does she speak another language? Does she have a dream? Does she misses her dad? mom? former husband?

i understand and really love what u just wrote wicked lois

Comment

I think Chloe metaphors are funnier then Lois's. Maybe becasue Chloe metaphor tend to be related to the comics. But whatever it is, Chloe metaphors IMO are just better.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Wicked Lois
              I mean, what's Chloe motivation? (as a character) What does she like to do in her free time? whats her favourite band? What kind of food does she like to have most when she is happy? sad? hangover? Did she ever been outside the US? Does she speak another language? Does she have a dream? Does she misses her dad? mom? former husband?
              Chloe motivation is helping those she loves and cares about and seeks to protect them in her own way. I think this season that has become pretty clear with that. Chloe's favorite band? Remy Zero. Chloe likes coffee when she is happy. Chloe to my knowledge doesn't drink alcohol, much less get drunk. Outside US? In the season 5 priemere she was in the a European hospital, I think. She apparently understood Latin in Hex. Her dream at this point, is to protect her friends and family. Of coarse Chloe misses Jimmy, she wanted to bring him back. Chloe has tons of personality!!
              Last edited by Degobunny; 01-31-2010, 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                I think Chloe metaphors are funnier then Lois's. Maybe becasue Chloe metaphor tend to be related to the comics. But whatever it is, Chloe metaphors IMO are just better.

Chloe motivation is helping those she loves and cares about and seeks to protect them in her own way. I think this season that has become pretty clear with that. Chloe's favorite band? Remy Zero. Chloe likes coffee when she is happy. Chloe to my knowledge doesn't drink alcohol, much less get drunk. Outside US? In the season 5 priemere she was in the a European hospital, I think. She apparently understood Latin in Hex. Her dream at this point, is to protect her friends and family. Of coarse Chloe misses Jimmy, she wanted to bring him back. Chloe has tons of personality!!
                Man, you just proved what I am saying. I do not reckon Chloe listening to Remy Zero or talking about the band. Is she aware of Gregory Scott's death? Because, dude... if Taylor Hanson dies I would at least mourn about it for a year, ahahhhaahha. Coffee? Really? So does everyone and Lois. =] Other than that well planned trip to North Pole, which I am sure she has tons of pictures other than good memories... HOW ON EARTH SHE KNOWS LATIN????? I took Latin during college for a whole year and all I know is Cicero Cesares filii est and I am pretty sure I got it wrong. And all the hacker crap? Did she learn all that from Briniac? Took a summer lesson? Who knows!!

And do not even start with the Jimmy talk. She mentions it. Period!

Comment

I mean, what's Chloe motivation? (as a character) What does she like to do in her free time? whats her favourite band? What kind of food does she like to have most when she is happy? sad? hangover? Has she ever been outside the US? Does she speak another language? Does she have a dream? Does she misses her dad? mom? former husband?
                  Let's not forget that for the LONGEST time she was passionate about journalism, now she's passionate about helping people like her friends, the Justice League, and the meteor infected( last season). She's extremely intelligent so I'm sure she can speak another language. The writers have always used her as Clark's crutch lol , so that rules out her leaving the country in the past 4 seasons. As far as her parents, it's like the writers have completely forgotten about them, her mom situation is believable, we're supposed to believe that she is in a mental hospital somewhere. But her dad, I think the writers seriously just forgot he existed. And Jimmy we could clearly see in the first couple of episodes that she missed him, she still has their picture on her desk!

I agree with you. I think Chloe has an awesome personality, but I'm sad we haven't seen that Chloe since like season 5 or 6. I feel like since lately Lois has become the female focus of the show they have really stopped giving Chloe the personality I used to love about her. I love that she helps people, and puts others above herself but, I want to see Chloe be selfish and do something good for herself.

I just remembered one of Chloe's "one-liners" from Bride: To Jimmy she says T minus (some amount of hours) til D-Day ( little did she know Doomsday was gonna fill the D ) What do say we storm the beaches handsome? That's probably one of my favorite Chloeisms.

Comment

Do not get me wrong here, I am not a Chloe hater, for YEARS, I might say for 4 years, she was my favourite character in the show, but since Season 4 she has been a pruck. We know more about Lois Lane's character than Chloe's and this girl has been on the show since forever!!! I mean, Lois has a personality, she is a well developed character, and do not blame me... I do not write Smallville or own it or play Lois' character...I mean, what's Chloe motivation? (as a character) What does she like to do in her free time? whats her favourite band? What kind of food does she like to have most when she is happy? sad? hangover? Has she ever been outside the US? Does she speak another language? Does she have a dream? Does she misses her dad? mom? former husband?
                    I am totally serious when I say that... and this is not Wicked Lois talking, its just plain Clara.
                    Those are all very well put questions, who actually should have been adressed in a letter to the writers working for the PTB, since they have made up their mind to write the character of Chloe in such a matter, that we don't know any of the things you mentioned but which make a character whole!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I agree!

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Let's not forget that for the LONGEST time she was passionate about journalism, now she's passionate about helping people like her friends, the Justice League, and the meteor infected( last season). She's extremely intelligent so I'm sure she can speak another language. The writers have always used her as Clark's crutch lol, so that rules out her leaving the country in the past 4 seasons. As far as her parents, it's like the writers have completely forgotten about them, her mom situation is believable, we're supposed to believe that she is in a mental hospital somewhere. But her dad, I think the writers seriously just forgot he existed. And Jimmy we could clearly see in the first couple of episodes that she missed him, she still has their picture on her desk!...I think Chloe has an awesome personality, but I'm sad we haven't seen that Chloe since like season 5 or 6. I feel like since lately Lois has become the female focus of the show they have really stopped giving Chloe the personality I used to love about her. I love that she helps people, and puts others above herself but, I want to see Chloe be selfish and do something good for herself. I just remembered one of Chloe's "one-liners" from Bride: To Jimmy she says T minus (some amount of hours) til D-Day ( little did she know Doomsday was gonna fill the D ) What do say we storm the beaches handsome? That's probably one of my favorite Chloeisms.

I agree with your post except for the part about seasons 5-6, it's more like season 8-9! In season 8 she lost her joyful personality and even more so now!
                    Last edited by umm; 01-31-2010, 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Man, you just proved what I am saying. I do not reckon Chloe listening to Remy Zero or talking about the band. Is she aware of Gregory Scott's death? Because, dude... if Taylor Hanson dies I would at least mourn about it for a year, ahahhhaahha. Coffee? Really? So does everyone and Lois. =] Other than that well planned trip to North Pole, which I am sure she has tons of pictures other than good memories... HOW ON EARTH SHE KNOWS LATIN????? I took Latin during college for a whole year and all I know is Cicero Cesares filii est and I am pretty sure I got it wrong. And all the hacker crap? Did she learn all that from Briniac? Took a summer lesson? Who knows!!

And do not even start with the Jimmy talk. She mentions it. Period!
                      Well no offence but this show is not about Chloe it is about Clark. And same rules can be applied to Lois. When was the last time she talked to her dad? How does Lois know spanish (hex)? When was the last time Lois listen to white snake? Or what about even think about her ex AC? Look I just find Lois dull and Chloe interesting and unique that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by ChloeFan09
                        Let's not forget that for the LONGEST time she was passionate about journalism, now she's passionate about helping people like her friends, the Justice League, and the meteor infected( last season). She's extremely intelligent so I'm sure she can speak another language. The writers have always used her as Clark's crutch lol , so that rules out her leaving the country in the past 4 seasons. As far as her parents, it's like the writers have completely forgotten about them, her mom situation is believable, we're supposed to believe that she is in a mental hospital somewhere. But her dad, I think the writers seriously just forgot he existed. And Jimmy we could clearly see in the first couple of episodes that she missed him, she still has their picture on her desk!

I agree with you. I think Chloe has an awesome personality, but I'm sad we haven't seen that Chloe since like season 5 or 6. I feel like since lately Lois has become the female focus of the show they have really stopped giving Chloe the personality I used to love about her. I love that she helps people, and puts others above herself but, I want to see Chloe be selfish and do something good for herself.

I just remembered one of Chloe's "one-liners" from Bride: To Jimmy she says T minus (some amount of hours) til D-Day ( little did she know Doomsday was gonna fill the D ) What do say we storm the beaches handsome? That's probably one of my favorite Chloeisms.
                        Omigod. Did you just state JOURNALISM as the strongest trade of her personality?

Yeah, I can't really go on on that. No, I can.

Just for the record, I am not questioning HER, I am questioning the writers. I am pretty sure that she is smart enough to do whatever that she wants to do, I am just saying that WE do not know much about her, because SHE doesnt have much of a background, which is essencial for a CHARACTER. Said this.

The journalism thing. We should never forget the times when Chloe was "passionated" about hard news making. WE shouldn't, because SHE totally forgot about it!!! Maybe I should not even mention that Journalism is a sign for LOIS LANE character for the sake of not making this thread to become a ChloexLois thing. But since it is obvious that Chloe's character in some level was a ode to Lois, I might just make it really clear: Chloe needs a REAL motivation.

And just to go a little deeper, as a journalist myself, I might say that NONE of these characters Lois, Chloe, Clark or whatever works or worked for the Planet are passionate about the art of reporting! The whole thing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo not real that makes The Wizard Of Oz the new CNN World Report. It is kind of insulting sometimes seeing Lois referring herself as an Ace. Anyway, I should move on from that.

For the bold part: I should say nothing for my own safety.

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

Well no offence but this show is not about Chloe it is about Clark. And same rules can be applied to Lois. When was the last time she talked to her dad? How does Lois know spanish (hex)? When was the last time Lois listen to white snake? Or what about even think about her ex AC? Look I just find Lois dull and Chloe interesting and unique that is all.
                        You totally didnt get the point, dude.

LoisxChloe. What are the odds...

But I liked this new game. Lois mentions her dad a lot, but we never see they actually talking, I would like to hear more about Lucy though...

Lois travelled the world with her dad, so she might have picked some thing or other about this language, which she used in Identity too and some others episodes.

I think it was in Rabid? But you see, we know this stuff because its IN the character.

AC??

You see, I am going to help you something good about the composition of her character... that Facebook thing of hers, some of the sarcasm too (Supers Mug, some parts in Hydro, Crimson), her friendship/devotion to Clark (though I think the last one is a bit over the top).

But sometimes they seem to use her character as a Joker card, you know? Where you can fit wherever you like. "Oh, this week we need someone to be annoyed by Clark", "Next week last just say someone fertilized her Farmville crops and she is happy", "This episode she will be a good cousin, no no a bad one, no no she will be an aunt, yes!".

Come on.
                        Last edited by Wicked Lois; 01-31-2010, 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

hate the writers

Comment

First, I would really dont judge anyone by the screen name. I don't judge you, and I would ask just the same.

Do you want more than just a little statement with sarcasm? Because I would not bother myself to state the obvious, but sometimes it is good to makes things clear.

Chloe Sullivan, an original Smallville character designed to be a sidekick to Clark Kent and a foil to Lana's character and claimed to be the future Lois Lane in that Chlois theory, has not been developed her personality by the years, or maybe she has it done to a total fail. If you draw a timeline for Chloe's personality would be: Funny/Tender to Completely Annoying. She is a complete nothing now. She has lost it completely. Sometimes she is like Oliver, a foil to Clark. Sometimes she is like Lois, a sidekick love interest to be, Sometimes she is just someone to fill the void.

Do not get me wrong here, I am not a Chloe hater, for YEARS, I might say for 4 years, she was my favourite character in the show, but since Season 4 she has been a pruck. We know more about Lois Lane's character than Chloe's and this girl has been on the show since forever!!! I mean, Lois has a personality, she is a well developed character, and do not blame me... I do not write Smallville or own it or play Lois' character...

I have to agree, sadly. Chloe Sullivan stopped being developed in season 5 as a character when she learned the secret. She's been in a slump ever since. I really thought Watchtower would be a good move for her after last year's fiasco, but now I'm wondering what she's doing up there that Oliver Queen can't pay up to create some sort of artificial intelligence to do. Its like either she's at Watchtower and when she's not at Watchtower she's heading back to Watchtower. What the crap...

Because Pete said in the season 1 finale this is Chloe's favorite song, talking about a Remy Zero song doesn't mean a thing. Does she even listen to music? Watch tv? Chloe likes coffee? So do I. What's her favorite coffee drink? Its never even specified. Chloe doesn't like to drink? She looked pretty drunk at the beginning of Hex. Chloe knows Latin? She recognized one line and I'm pretty sure it was a plot device. Now the Winchesters.... those boys... they KNOW latin. Chloe wants to protect those she cares about, yet all she does is put them in danger. And she misses Jimmy so much she hasn't mentioned him in months. All we see once in a blue moon on a desk, she NEVER sits at, that there's a picture of him from the wedding. Yeah... lots of personality there.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

We know Lois and her dad have a really strained relationship and that Lucy is still AWOL. Lois leaned Spanish in Mexico apparently. All she knew was like 3 words. So that's super believable. Lois listens to Whitesnake all the time. The last time she heard it on the show was in Rabid as a zombie. See even zombie Lois has personality!! Why would she think about AC. He was hardly her ex....
                            Last edited by Lilah; 01-31-2010, 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by friendsita
                              hate the writers
                              Yes , I think it all boils down to the writers not doing Chloe any justice.
                              I hate the writers too, there's so many different ways to write this character, and so many different out comes, *shrugs shoulders* all well

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
                                I have to agree, sadly. Chloe Sullivan stopped being developed in season 5 as a character when she learned the secret. She's been in a slump ever since. I really thought Watchtower would be a good move for her after last year's fiasco, but now I'm wondering what she's doing up there that Oliver Queen can't pay up to create some sort of artificial intelligence to do. Its like either she's at Watchtower and when she's not at Watchtower she's heading back to Watchtower. What the crap...

Because Pete said in the season 1 finale this is Chloe's favorite song, talking about a Remy Zero song doesn't mean a thing. Does she even listen to music? Watch tv? Chloe likes coffee? So do I. What's her favorite coffee drink? Its never even specified. Chloe doesn't like to drink? She looked pretty drunk at the beginning of Hex. Chloe knows Latin? She recognized one line and I'm pretty sure it was a plot device. Now the Winchesters.... those boys... they KNOW latin. Chloe wants to protect those she cares about, yet all she does is put them in danger. And she misses Jimmy so much she hasn't mentioned him in months. All we see once in a blue moon on a desk, she NEVER sits at, that there's a picture of him from the wedding. Yeah... lots of personality there.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

We know Lois and her dad have a really strained relationship and that Lucy is still AWOL. Lois leaned Spanish in Mexico apparently. All she knew was like 3 words. So that's super believable. Lois listens to Whitesnake all the time. The last time she heard it on the show was in Rabid as a zombie. See even zombie Lois has personality!! Why would she think about AC. He was hardly her ex....

Thats what I am talking about...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎