Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe's Metaphors!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITA. It's dialogue like that that keeps the show second rate in the eyes of some critics. Lex and Lionel never had cheesy dialogue like that which is why I loved those characters. Choe has always talked like that and it gets annoying. Lois has had really bad dialogue like that as well in previous seasons. Its feels like the writers are trying to force it down our throats that these characters are "quirky" and "cute"

Comment

I've never known anyone in the real world (whatever/wherever that is) used so many, or perhaps any at all. It is very noticeable, but at the same time, we're a comic book come to life, so it adds to the comic/animated world that SV creates....

Comment

I feel like this season they are kind of destroying chloe. I'm not saying I dont like chloe but she's no where near the supportive friend she used to be. She's gotten very pushy and acts like she wants to be clark instead of with clark now. She's way too superhero intense. I guess clark said it all this episode he said she was losing herself in her work. She's just become way too serious and losing what i loved about her.

Comment

It was real bad this episode, sometimes I get the feeling from Lois. It sounds so unnatural.

Comment

I know people just like that!!! People really talk in metophers!!! It's real.

Comment

I gotta agree its really annoying

Comment

Sometimes (well, all the time) when I watch Smallville I wish I could get my hands on the script and do some serious editing!!! I mean take out all those SiLLy metaphor/reference things that are not part of a regular human's everyday speech. Maybe the writers think adding those little references liven up the dialogue but they do the opposite.

ughh..i want to edit edit edit

Comment

You know Lois kinda speak the same way as well. Except when it comes out of Lois mouth it's actually funny.

Comment

Yes it was a bit annoying tonight 90% of what she said. Tonight was metaphorical. Lois speaks like that sometimes, but when she does it. She is actually make the point not just stating the obvious like Chloe did tonight

Comment

I'm really sick of all her metaaphors as well. Like you said it isn't just one an episode.They really overdue it, and it is getting old in my opinion. I personally have never met anyone who uses as many as her, and in real life it's almost unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie

Love that icon!

Yeah, the only episodes where lines like that really got on my nerves were the ones with Linda Lake. However, I can see your frustration.

Just remember that Allison Mack was chosen for the role because she had a real ability to deliver lines like that over other actresses who tried out for the part. Not that that excuses it, though...

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
                          "It's been years since you and Lois steamed up in the elevator class"

"I'm starting to think our favourite Archer isn't all green"

"And how many arrow toting rambos out there..."

"Pulled his life out of the emergency lane and crossed the line to hero again. But he didn't do it on his own, I changed a couple of tyres along the way"

"I hate to add another box cart to the bad news train..."

It's really starting to get on my wick. I can handle one or two per episode but they're ever increasing. Nobody talks like that in real life so it just grates on me every time. Everyone else's dialogue feels fairly natural except Chloe's, it's like the writes have just decided to give her these kooky metaphors and catch phrases instead of normal dialogue. Or is it just me?
                          Geez, Drama Queen, not to knock your crown but you look like you could use a jester right about now.

Comment

It's obviously not just you, there seem to be other's bother by it as well. But I don't mind Chloe using all these metaphors, it's very Chloe-like and most of the time they're quite funny.
                            I almost always like Chloe's conversation. She seems so smart when she talks.

The only thing bothering me about Chloe's scenes (which is not Allison's fault), that she always typing and stuff, but on her big screens, there doesn't seem to ever be a CommandBox or something.. She's always typing, but most of the times, there's no change on the screens at all But I guess that's a bit off topic, lol..

I enjoy Chloe's metaphors, it didn't seem too much this episode. It didn't really cross my mind until I saw this thread.

Comment

I enjoy Chloe's metaphors, it didn't seem too much this episode. It didn't really cross my mind until I saw this thread.
                              And you should forget about it, cause there is nothing wrong with Chloe's metaphors, it's just that she can never do anything right in certain eyes! Next episode it will probably be her clothes to be criticised and judged!

Comment

Originally posted by umm
                                And you should forget about it, cause there is nothing wrong with Chloe's metaphors, it's just that she can never do anything right in certain eyes! Next episode it will probably be her clothes to be criticised and judged!

I don't blame the character at all, it's the writers that are doing my head in. It's an opinion and I'd appreciate it if you didn't turn this thread into an "Everyone hates Chloe" thread, especially when we were all discussing this fairly light heartedly and without any malice.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎