No announcement yet.

Clark threatening Zod over Lois?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark threatening Zod over Lois?

I understand that Clark is very protective of Lois, but I have to admit that I found it a little disturbing that he seemed to let Zod get under his skin. Clark's exchange with Zod as it related to any future interaction with Lois as being off limits as well as him stating that he would destroy all the Kandorians if Lois were to be harmed was not my favorite part of the episode by any means. JMO.

Comment

My favorite part too.

Comment

There's a thread called "Wow" where we are discussing it.

Comment

Originally posted by utguardian
          I loved this Clark Kent. He was assertive and imposing with Zod, flirty and caring with Lois, willing to give Oliver the benefit of the doubt, standing up to Chloe and still showing concern for the path she's on. Not to mention actually doing some detective work at Ollie's place to try and get to the bottom of things. He didn't hit a false note in the ep, IMO.
          Totally agree, Clark was awesome tonight.

Comment

I loved that Clark said that, he let Zod know that he won't be bullied. I think this is a vast improvement from how he used to interact with Lex or even Tess, Clark is aware of Zod's capabilities and knows that he needs to be assertive. Sure Zod will probably still kidnap Lois or something, it won't be a superman story without the villain taking advantage of what they perceive to be Clark's weak spot. But I'm glad Clark made a stand, very Superman!

Comment

Yea, Clark wouldn't kill off the Kandorians, but he sure as heck isn't going to be bullied

Comment

im not a fan as to how easily prone to dishing out threats, and anger this clark kent is
                Last edited by Night_Hawk90; 01-29-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Got to love the way Zod just sort of slithered in there tho - lol

Comment

Originally posted by asha14
                    Yeah the Zod/Clark, plot I literally clapped and gasped out loud when I saw Zod. It also proved Clark is not naive when it comes to Zod, however he should play his emotions a little closer to the vest. Oddly enough I liked the Chloe/Clark parts also. It looks like that thing she took is going to come back into play. I liked all the parts without Oliver.
                    I really wonder if there was an offscreenville moment where Clark told Zod what his actual non-clone counterpart ended up doing. I don't think there was since Zod didn't seem to understand why Clark didn't trust him. It seemed it all 100% stemmed from Clark thinking Zod killed the Jor-El clone and not something bigger like the actual Zod being responsible for the death of the entire Kryptonian race including the real Jor-El & Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                      I really wonder if there was an offscreenville moment where Clark told Zod what his actual non-clone counterpart ended up doing. I don't think there was since Zod didn't seem to understand why Clark didn't trust him. It seemed it all 100% stemmed from Clark thinking Zod killed the Jor-El clone and not something bigger like the actual Zod being responsible for the death of the entire Kryptonian race including the real Jor-El & Lara.
                      You know the best parts of this show seems to take place in offscreenville. However I think what he saw in Pandora is also coming into play.

Comment

I understand that Clark is very protective of Lois, but I have to admit that I found it a little disturbing that he seemed to let Zod get under his skin. Clark's exchange with Zod as it related to any future interaction with Lois as being off limits as well as him stating that he would destroy all the Kandorians if Lois were to be harmed was not my favorite part of the episode by any means. JMO.

Comment

I didn't mind the threat. It was a bit strong, but I think Clark needed to show Zod no weakness.

What I didn't like was that this completely validated the point I made about Clark's lack of foresight in deciding that he and Lois should become an official couple practically the same day he came out to Zod. I mean, really, did Clark not consider this possibility? Had it never occured to him that Zod might target Lois to get to him? This is one of those issues where the absence of Clark's POV on this really adversely effects his storyline.IMO

Comment

Well, I see your point that he should have had some foresight, but I'm glad that Clark is reaching the point where he's willing to live his life and just deal with the consequences as they come. I'm not a huge fan of him breaking the girls' hearts just to keep them safe and it only causes him problems later when the threat is over

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                              Well, I see your point that he should have had some foresight, but I'm glad that Clark is reaching the point where he's willing to live his life and just deal with the consequences as they come. I'm not a huge fan of him breaking the girls' hearts just to keep them safe and it only causes him problems later when the threat is over
                              Exactly. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                                I didn't mind the threat. It was a bit strong, but I think Clark needed to show Zod no weakness.
                                Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎