No announcement yet.

Clark threatening Zod over Lois?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dyanara
    Hmm, didnt Clark spin the world backwards for this girl in one incarnation?
    Yeah, in Superman The Movie lol. Which frankly, was ridiculous.

Comment

• The thing we keep forgetting is that Clark saw the future. In that dark future, all Kandorians got their power, and they saw and treated the Human race as dirt. It was pretty clear that all the Kandorians, and not only Zod, don't have any appreciation for Humanity.

Clark's goal has been to try and show them that they should try to be part of Earth, and not dominate it. But he won't be controlled by Zod, or the Kandorians, and that is what he is trying to say. If anyone, be it Zod or any of the Kandorians try to control him by going after the ones he cares about, he will treat them as enemies.

When someone say 'I will destroy you', it doesn't literally means 'kill'. It means defeat. For example, Clark could simply let the government or someone else be aware of the Kandorian's existence and what they are planning to do, and let Justice take care of them. He might, for example, start to expose whatever dirty means Zod is using to bend the law to build this towers in the first place. In Pandora, we saw Zod giving orders to their folowers to bend the law and do whatever it takes to build those powers. Clark could expose them as aliens.

There are, really, lots of legitimate and rightfull ways that Clark could use to 'destroy them all'. And the only reason he has not done it yet, is because he is trying to save them. But, just because he is trying to do it, it doesn't mean that he should let Zod or anyone control him at all.

Comment

• There was a similar scene on Lois & Clark in the 90's:

TEMPUS: That's something you must learn about superheroes -- no matter which way they turn, they're constantly bumping into their own ethics.
        SUPERMAN: You've gone too far this time.
        TEMPUS: What are you gonna do -- impeach me?
        SUPERMAN: I'll do whatever is necessary.
        TEMPUS: Careful. (softly, intensely) One never knows when one's wife will drive her car off a cliff, does one?
        SUPERMAN: This is a warning -- stay away from her. Or I promise you you'll see my ethics disappear.

Clark threatening his enemies when they attack his loved ones isn't OOC.

Comment

• Thanks for posting that, Nora. It's NOT unlike Clark Kent to threaten when it involves the love of his life.

Comment

• Clara likes this thread!

Comment

• Oh, and he's done it in the comics too whenever someone has threatened Lois or anybody he loves. Don't like it? Too bad.

Comment

• Comics, L&C, STAS, everywhere... sure he will destroy anyone who mess with Lois! Specially because "No one is gonna mess with Lois and Clark" (it feels an eternity since Bloodline) lol

Comment

• While I liked Clark getting protective over Lois, this was a moment when he could have used a bit more restraint over his emotions...especially when dealing with a guy like Zod...but I guess by then the damage was done and Zod already knew how much Lois meant to Clark (from the phone conversation and speedy exit). In which case, Clark was probably right in telling Zod that crossing the Lois-line would be the point of no return.
                  That whole exchange reminded me of all the times in previous seasons when Clark fires up about someone threatening his family.
                  Last edited by little Lara; 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Seemed like Zod used Lois for the sole purpose of finding out if Clark knew the kryptonian symbol, which he didn't. The future is set to repeat. Clark being reactive is also in mythos, he's not a stranger to going verbally on the offense.

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Wicked Lois
                    Comics, L&C, STAS, everywhere... sure he will destroy anyone who mess with Lois! Specially because "No one is gonna mess with Lois and Clark" (it feels an eternity since Bloodline) lol
                    QFT
                    Last edited by Dominicus; 02-01-2010, 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• The scene with clark and zod was amazing! I love how clark flexed his muscles! Very powerful scene! This is the clark I like.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Fantastic!

Originally posted by -Nora-
                      There was a similar scene on Lois & Clark in the 90's:

TEMPUS: That's something you must learn about superheroes -- no matter which way they turn, they're constantly bumping into their own ethics.
                      SUPERMAN: You've gone too far this time.
                      TEMPUS: What are you gonna do -- impeach me?
                      SUPERMAN: I'll do whatever is necessary.
                      TEMPUS: Careful. (softly, intensely) One never knows when one's wife will drive her car off a cliff, does one?
                      SUPERMAN: This is a warning -- stay away from her. Or I promise you you'll see my ethics disappear.

Clark threatening his enemies when they attack his loved ones isn't OOC.
                      Last edited by malcrew; 04-13-2010, 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎