Special Effects from "Disciple"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they were tired of using the old shots and wanted to make a new one. Kind of a fail, though. They could have taken an old shot and changed it a little, like they have done for some Luthorcorp shots recently. Like the one at the beginning of "Pandora", I believe, where the lighting was kind of pinkish. I thought it was really beautiful.

Comment

Yeah it was def a fail but yeah it was only for a few horrible seconds but the whole time I just was like wow take it off take it off lol

Comment

yea they could have easily took one of the old shots like u said nerf and just did some color alternation or what not. like how lately night scenes seem to have that orangish background to them. sorta like if you ever watched the batman the animated series all night scenes seem to have a red sky.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm
          That overhead shot of the maze was a-maze-ing!
          Hell yeah!

Comment

Loved when Clark took the arrows. It reminded me of the bullet scene from Crossfire. Outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by CloisFan17
              Everything was great but one minor detail that I thought kind of sucked the whole Luthorcorp building scene was a bit horrible like you could tell it was completely fake.
              I'm not sure but I think that shot was already used in the past years!

Comment

Especially loved the shot from above regarding the maze

Comment

yea they could have easily used that old stock footage on luthorcorp building from the ground shot in day time with folks entering/exiting it?

Comment

not really special effects but i seen this brought up a few places

Batman Begins

Metropolis

Comment

Loved the maze and Clark stopping the three arrows Seemed like Clark turned his back to take the arrows so the Dark Archer couldn't see his face and recognize him. He usually just steps in front of bullets, etc.

Comment

yea not the first time sv has used that batman begins/tdk shot. smallville has also used shots from some other movies like terminator 3 missle launching/destruction and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                          Loved the maze and Clark stopping the three arrows Seemed like Clark turned his back to take the arrows so the Dark Archer couldn't see his face and recognize him. He usually just steps in front of bullets, etc.
                          That maze was beautiful! I'd love to have that in my backyard. Even though it was nighttime, it was a really pretty place to shoot that scene, especially for what that scene was.

And I really loved how Clark did that save, running in, arrows on back and his arm bent to get the third one, then out of the picture to protect his identity. Nice job.

The arrow shots for both Lois and Chloe were phenomenal. It was so dark, I didn't realize that the arrow had gone through Lois' shoulder until I caught the moonlight on her blood dripping off the arrow tip. And that Quentin Tarantino blood spatter when Chloe got shot was just...so icky it was awesome. I know that sounds bad, but from an artist's eye...I really liked that shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                            not really special effects but i seen this brought up a few places

Batman Begins

Metropolis

WOW it's exactly the same one! Good eye

----- Added 50 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by PJBoy
                            I'm not sure but I think that shot was already used in the past years!
                            Yeah it's really badly placed I mean it looks so fake. I usually don't have much special effects that bug me but that one is horrible.

& yeah I loved the maze ones
                            Last edited by CloisFan17; 01-30-2010, 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

WOW it's exactly the same one! Good eye
                              wow, nice

but the screen got me to wonder... was Batman Begins really in 4:3 and not widescreen?

Comment

yeah I loved the maze ones
                                Yeah that was a very good set up -the way the VFX maze fits in the whole created set. I'm just pissed off at that one damn street. That was used in this episode like four, five times. They've been shooting in open places this year more often, but this episode deserved at least one scene of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎