Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 week break... lack of promotion.

I honestly would not be surprised to see it dip below 2 million for the first time this season but we'll see.

Comment

well it hasnt been that much lack of promotion they have promoting the return with disciple/jsa/warrior trailer for a few weeks now and all that. But like i said the show has maintained 2.4-2.7million all season long. so anywhere between there would be good i am hoping for 2.5million. We will know around noon tomorrow.

Comment

im thinking 2. mill - 2.2 mill i don't have high hopes. Thanks Dawn, ya demon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
          Well, we're coming back from such a long break and fans may forget that Smallville will finally be on tonight, especially after last week where it had been promoted that Smallville would return and it didn't. Plus, the ratings usually go down the second half.

So I'm thinking a rather conservative figure such as 2.0-2.2
          Co-sign.

Smallville has been off the air for more than two months! No way it's going to be reaching 2.5 or more. For this show on a Friday to get those ratings it needs to have a solid build off. So this week will have relatively low numbers and then next week's will see a peak.

I'm also hoping that since Absolute Justice will be a fantastic episode (one can hope) then that will preven the rest of the season's ratings from declining.

Comment

well you never know, some times we have expected an episode to do low this season and it turned out to get a high rating. Take for example idol most thought that wasnt likely to get a good rating and it did well.

Comment

Yes, but "Idol" had an episode like "Kandor" that came before it and "Kandor" had an episode like "Crossfire" that preceded it.

So idol had the second highest rated episode of the season *and* the arguably most anticipated episode of the season before it and that built the ratings.

This episode has none of that.

And unlike last year where Legion was the episode that came back from the break, an episode that had been highly promoted, Disciple hasn't been promoted and doesn't have going for it what "Legion" and now "Absolute Justice" have going for it.

So I'm certain that it will obtain low ratings. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here. I'm just being a realist based on how I have seen ratings work.

Episodes that come back from a break, especially ones that are a few weeks apart (let alone MONTHS!) don't fair too well in the ratings.

Maybe this episode can be the exception, but I personally wouldn't bet on that.

Comment

yea i know that but there has been a few promos promoting the return of new episodes and all that. i do hope we start off the second half of the season strong. at least 2.4-2.5.

Comment

2.6-3 mil my guess

Comment

I am guessing 2.0

Comment

2.2-2.4ish

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GreenYarn
                          Yes, but "Idol" had an episode like "Kandor" that came before it and "Kandor" had an episode like "Crossfire" that preceded it.

So idol had the second highest rated episode of the season *and* the arguably most anticipated episode of the season before it and that built the ratings.

This episode has none of that.

And unlike last year where Legion was the episode that came back from the break, an episode that had been highly promoted, Disciple hasn't been promoted and doesn't have going for it what "Legion" and now "Absolute Justice" have going for it.

So I'm certain that it will obtain low ratings. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here. I'm just being a realist based on how I have seen ratings work.

Episodes that come back from a break, especially ones that are a few weeks apart (let alone MONTHS!) don't fair too well in the ratings.

Maybe this episode can be the exception, but I personally wouldn't bet on that.

I completely agree! Legion had write ups in the NY Post, NY Times, TV Guide, etc. where this episode didn't. I know that they're really advertising for Absolute Justice, but this episode sort of went to the sideline IMO.

I don't expect more than 2 million.

Comment

My estimate - 2.35-2.55
                            Although it would be great if we get more, the show has had a lot of press lately, I know it's mainly for AJ, but some people may tune in to see what it's all about.

Comment

Yea as i said i hope we stay around 2.4-2.7mill we have had so far this season. So at least a 2.4-2.5million would be a great figure as i said to return on.

Comment

When will they come out?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎