Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Solitary Man

LOL I think the Lois´s chapter will be here like in 5 years!!!

Not trying to be rude here, is just that is funny, and is something that I thought right now, bc I remember I didn´t want to read all the other girl´s stories at first, only Lois one, but finally I did it and they were very good stories but I was always eager for the Lois one, and I forgot the fic after a while and now I found it and thought it was an update.....anyway, looking forward for the up date, now or in five years LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleidich View Post
    LOL I think the Lois´s chapter will be here like in 5 years!!!

Not trying to be rude here, is just that is funny, and is something that I thought right now, bc I remember I didn´t want to read all the other girl´s stories at first, only Lois one, but finally I did it and they were very good stories but I was always eager for the Lois one, and I forgot the fic after a while and now I found it and thought it was an update.....anyway, looking forward for the up date, now or in five years LOL!!

I hope it's not five years. It's just that every time I finally get the list of my stories down, I get yet another idea for one. *sighs* I am determined to finish this one though. There are a few girls/women on the list that the particular chapter involving them could be a little on the short side. One can only hope. *sighs again*

Forum Whiz baron de suberbielle's Avatar
    interresting story dear mademoiselle
    i appreciat you introduce maxima of almerac she my fav character after toyman and kara maybe one day i transalt your fiction in french after illuminati of course héhéhé

Quote Originally Posted by baron de suberbielle View Post
    interresting story dear mademoiselle
    i appreciat you introduce maxima of almerac she my fav character after toyman and kara maybe one day i transalt your fiction in french after illuminati of course héhéhé
    You're funny - but I am flattered. I will be doing chapters on Kara and Maxima. I'm just not sure when. The one I'm working on now is about the woman from the episode Red when Clark first became infected by Red-K. I refer to her as the witness protection girl.

i lil idea for you dear mademoiselle
    why not introduce maxwell lord of course is just a idea , i think a long time writter here have writting about is interresting character.
    one day is a writte illuminati 2 me i include the remnant of checkmate sur héhéhé and yes i am funny and tender like good cheese
    Last edited by baron de suberbielle; 07-02-2011 at 03:07 AM.

i lil idea for you dear mademoiselle
    why not introduce maxwell lord of course is just a idea , i think a long time writter here have writting about is interresting character.
    one day is a writte illuminati 2 me i include the remnant of checkmate sur héhéhé and yes i am funny and tender like good cheese
    In your opinion, what would you consider the best cheese?

hahahahaha yes mister jones you remember me bellocq hahahah your dark part hahahah for cheese i joke because i remember you writting you like rocquefort

hahahahaha yes mister jones you remember me bellocq hahahah your dark part hahahah for cheese i joke because i remember you writting you like rocquefort
    I don't recall ever writing that I like Roquefort cheese. I don't think I've ever had it.

I FINALLY completed the first draft of the next update. I need to do a massive edit though because it's just over 10,000 words. I'll give you a little teaser for now, but keep in mind that it could either change or end up not being in the update at all.

She sat behind me and strapped on the helmet, then put her arms around me. She whispered that I was her hero, then put on the helmet that I didn’t bother wearing. We took off down the road against her father’s protests. I loved having her with me on my maiden ride. It was amazing. I could feel her heart beating against my back as we approached Smallville High. The crowd of teenagers that were milling about outside the school parted like the Red Sea as we approached the parking lot. The feeling it gave me was amazing. I barely took note of all the whispers and looks that were sent our way as we entered the parking lot.

For once, I was the bad boy.

6 more posts to 9,000
    Last edited by gem65; 06-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.

No, you're not seeing things. It's an actual update!

Here is the awesome banner by redplanetkrypton (Jovi).

Solitary Man - Neil Diamond

A/N: Yes, I am quite aware of how long it's been since I posted the last part. I truly apologize for making you all wait so long. Having said that, let me tell you a little bit about the one you're about to read. It ended up being a heck of a lot longer than I anticipated. It feels like an episode recap - at least to me anyway. I might do an edited version down the road, but I'm not quite sure. Anyway, I hope you like it.

JESSIE: THE WITNESS PROTECTION GIRL

There are so many stories I could tell you about Red Kryptonite. The time when Lois kissed me while wearing a Red-K lipstick comes to mind quite often. It was the very first time that Lois and I ever kissed. I could go on and on about that kiss - but for now, I'll tell you about the first time I came in contact with it.

The first time took place while I was in my sophomore year of high school. Chloe had just picked up her class ring and Pete and I were standing in line waiting to pick ours up. She was going on and on about how it looked like it was jacked by P. Diddy and if the ruby was even real.

Leave it to Chloe to come up with some deep, dark conspiracy about a school ring.

After she left, Pete asked me if I was still gonna go through with it because he recalled my dad saying that three-hundred and fifty dollars was a lot for something I really didn't need. I told him I earned that money.

It was my decision to make after all.

I admit there was a part of me that was a bit nervous about the moment Dad would find out I bought it. In a way I felt guilty for not telling him, but then I would remember how I've never given them any reason to not trust my judgment. I wanted something that would make me feel like I belong and not the way I usually felt.

Like an outsider.

I handed the girl my slip of paper and she gave me a small box in return. I opened it and there it was; a sparkling red gemstone nestled in the center of it. I stared at it for a moment before I removed it and slowly slipped it on my ring finger. All of a sudden, I felt a funny tingle start to go through me. I didn’t notice the veins in my arms turning red; nor was I aware of my eyes flashing red before returning to their usual color. I was unaware of the effects of the Red-K because I didn't even know it existed.

It felt like a drug.

Pete asked me if I was okay and I replied that I felt great. In fact, I felt more than great. At that moment, I saw the Principal walk over to Lana and another girl. She had long blonde hair and was wearing a cropped mesh top and low-cut pants that were molded to her body like a second skin.

Man was she sexy!

Anyway, the Principal told her that there was a dress code at Smallville High and she replied that it was lame and lamer. I couldn’t help laughing at her comment. I thought she was really cool for talking back to him like that. He asked me if I thought it was funny, but I didn’t reply. She went on to say she wasn’t changing and he responded that they would discuss her attitude in his office. I called out his name and briefly glanced at Lana before walking over to him. That’s when I did something that Clark Kent doesn’t normally do.

I told him that she looked really hot and that the dress code sucked.

Everybody looked at me with surprise. They were probably wondering what had gotten into me. I couldn’t tell them because I had no idea myself. I also told him that he should cut her some slack because it was her first day. That’s when I really let him have it.

I told him that he wasn’t the one to be giving fashion tips.

His jaw almost dropped – but he did tell her that if she didn’t wear proper attire the next day, she would be sent home. He gave me a strange look, then walked away. She couldn’t keep her eyes off me. Of course Lana looked at me curiously as she came over and told her they could finish the tour of the school. She was definitely giving me a flirtatious look as they walked away. Pete came over and asked me where it came from, but I didn’t answer at first. I was too busy admiring how they walked away.

I told him I didn’t know but I thought I liked it.

I didn’t have her in any of my classes, so I didn’t see her until the school day was over. I was telling Pete as we were walking out of the building about a bar right over the county line. Would you believe he was the one hesitating about going? I never would have thought that, but it’s true. I reminded him about how he’s always telling me that you gotta take some risks if you wanna have fun.

That’s when she showed up and introduced herself as Jessie Brooks.

She had obviously heard us talking about the bar because she said it rocked and that she had checked it out on the way into town. She asked me if I was planning a road trip, and I told her if I was I would let her know. It wasn’t like me to be so forward, but I couldn’t help myself. She was so different than Lana. It was a real turn-on. I never met anyone quite like her.

Until I met Lois, that is.

She grabbed my hand and wrote her phone number on my hand, then smiled at me as she walked away. Of course Pete couldn’t help teasing me by saying that she was hitting on me. When I said she was kind of hot, he asked me if I was married to Lana in my imagination. I didn’t get the chance to respond because that’s when Lana came up to us and casually mentioned that I seemed to be making fast friends with Jessie. I told her I was trying to make the new girl feel welcomed. I also told her something else.

I told her not to worry because I hadn’t taken my eye off her all day.

She was taken aback at first, but then asked we were still on for the cram session for our exams. I told her if she was going to be there, then absolutely. She gave me a curious look, then she giggled and walked away. It was only years later that I finally understood what it meant.

She was giving me the ‘what’s up with you?’ look.

I was supposed to go right home and help Dad with the garage door, but frankly I didn’t feel like it. I decided to forgo my super-speed and instead took a nice, long leisurely walk. When I was about half-way home, I sat down under a tree and closed my eyes. I thought about Lana like usual, but I thought about someone else more.

I thought about Jessie.

There was something about her that I found extremely sexy. She wasn’t all covered up in jeans and a t-shirt like a lot of the other girls. She wore form-fitting clothes that hugged her every curve. She had this attitude that told me she went after what she wanted with gusto.

She reminded me of how Lois goes after a story.

After a while, I reluctantly got up and continued on my way home. As I approached the house, I had a feeling that my father would not be too happy about my being late. I didn’t think that spending time fixing a garage door with my father would be the highlight of my day.

That honor belonged to Jessie.

I super-sped into the barn and immediately saw that my father was working on an old motorcycle. My fingers itched to hop on that old Harley and take that baby for a spin. My thoughts drifted to Jessie and how cool it would be to give her a ride. I pictured her sitting right behind me with her breasts pressed against my back and her arms wrapped around my waist. It was a good thing I was wearing a long shirt over my jeans. I gave myself a mental shake as my Dad gently scolded me for being late, but I told him it would only take two seconds.

That’s when he noticed the ring on my finger.

It was obvious by the tone in his voice that he was displeased with my decision. My suspicions were confirmed when he said that he thought we had agreed that I wouldn’t buy it. I told him that it was my decision to make, but he persisted on nagging me about it and telling me that he assumed I would make the right one. I tried to keep my cool - but when he said that the ring cost a lot of money, that’s when I lost it.

I blurted out that I was tired of worrying about every nickel and dime.

My father was stunned by my outburst – but before he could respond, my mother suggested I wash up for dinner. I snapped that I wasn’t hungry because I had chores to do and took off. I super-sped out of there, but then realized that I had forgotten my backpack. I was about to re-enter the barn when I overheard my mother reminding my father about how he had defied his own father and spent five-hundred dollars on an old motorcycle. That’s almost two-hundred dollars more than what I spent on the ring. Why was it that every time I wanted to do something, he just had to throw a damper on it? First he tells me that I can’t play football because he was afraid I might hurt someone, now he’s telling me I can’t buy a lousy school ring?

That really pissed me off.

I left my backpack there and didn’t bother doing my chores. In fact, I didn’t even show up for dinner. I took off again and picked up some burgers at a local fast-food place and found myself a spot on the dock at Crater Lake. For once I didn’t have anybody yammering in my ear. The stillness of the water and the warm evening made me feel at peace.

I wished I could always feel that way.

I remembered that I was supposed to meet the gang for that cram session at the Talon. It was yet another ho-hum activity to look forward to. I snuck into my room and grabbed the keys to the truck, then I took off and headed for the Talon. I didn’t really need the truck, but I didn’t want Lana or Chloe – especially Chloe – wondering how I got there without driving. I knocked on the door and a moment later Lana opened it. She started talking about what they were currently working on and was heading back to the table when I asked her if we could do it the next day. She asked if there was something wrong, but I said no. I said it was really nice out, then said something that took her by surprise.

I suggested we go for a ride and then go dancing.

She asked me if I was asking her on a date and I told her I just wanted us to have some fun. Until then, I thought the highlight of my day was meeting Jessie, but that changed when I saw that little crinkle above Lana’s nose. I found it to be really sexy and told her so. She was a little flustered at first, but then said Pete and Chloe were waiting for us and walked away. When I sat down, Pete asked me where my books were, but instead I suggested we go to a bar. Of course Chloe had to make one of her quips about hara-kiri or some sh!t like that.

Pardon my language, but that’s how I felt at the time and I will not apologize for it.

I just ignored her and said that high school was supposed to be fun and that what we were doing was not fun. I went on to say it was my treat and Pete pipes up with a remark about me and the money truck hooking up. Of course my next words surprised not just him but also Chloe and Lana.

I said there was no percentage in playing poverty.

They all looked at each other for a second, then Chloe stands up and says that she was going to get me some decaf. Lana decided to go with her, then Pete elbows me and chuckles as he returned to his studying. I was really bored but then I heard Chloe laugh. I looked up and saw her standing in front of the counter while talking to Lana. I casually glanced at her backside, but then I had a sudden urge to look deeper.

She had a birthmark on her cheek – and I wasn’t talking about her face.

Now normally I would never violate anybody’s privacy in that way – but I was under the influence of Red-K and I couldn’t help myself. It made me wonder what secrets Lana might have, so when she came from around the counter, I checked her out too. I was a little disappointed to see nothing there. I will say that Chloe definitely had the curvier ass.

Of course I made the mistake of mentioning it to Pete, who then proceeded to ruin my fun by waving his hand in front of my face. I know that if he was the one with x-ray vision, he would have been scoping Chloe right from the beginning. Why couldn’t I have a little fun? I said we should have some fun, but once again he was a kill-joy by saying that he would party this weekend with me but that he had to study.

I told him that when he was through with Boring 101, then give me a call.

I grabbed my coat and got the hell out of there. If I couldn’t have fun with my so-called friends, then I would just make my own fun. I super-sped home and ‘borrowed’ my parent’s credit card, then drove to Metropolis and found a store that was open all night called Discount Eddie’s. I bought myself the latest state-of-the-art stereo system, a satellite dish, some flashing police lights, and a video game – among other things. After I loaded them into the truck, I went to a couple more stores and bought a few more things that caught my eye. I even bought a red canoe – although I doubted that I would ever use it.

I just wanted it.

I was walking towards my truck when I caught my reflection in a store window and grimaced. I decided right then to make a change in my wardrobe. I bought myself some new clothes which included silk shirts, a leather jacket, and t-shirts that definitely weren’t primary colors.

No more red and blue for me.

I floored the accelerator and arrived home in record time. I emptied out the truck and brought everything into the loft, then hooked up everything. I took off the blue shirt I was wearing and tossed it into the wastebasket, then set fire to it using my heat vision. I never wanted to see that shirt again. I debated on which t-shirt to put on, then decided to wear the green one.

I felt like a new man.

I didn’t do any studying that night. I instead listen to hard rock and played video games. I was still playing when my parents came up to the loft the next morning and discovered everything I had bought. When they asked where I got everything, I told them about Discount Eddie’s and continued playing without looking up.

My father was yelling over the loud music, so I reluctantly picked up the remote and shut it off. I wish I hadn’t though because he then asked me if I had taken their credit cards and bought all the ‘junk’ as he put it. I resented him calling all the stuff I had bought ‘junk’ and snapped that it was time I had all the cool stuff everyone else had.

He accused me of stealing from them.

I told him that I didn’t steal from them and that I only borrowed their credit cards. I didn’t think it was a big deal because we didn’t have to pay for the stuff right away. Of course he thought it was a big deal and threw the black leather jacket at me and said in no uncertain terms that I was to take all this ‘garbage’ back right then and there.

I said, “Yeah, right.”

He repeated what I said, then added that we were going to have a nice long conversation about my new attitude after I had brought everything back. I retorted that he could talk all he wanted, then super-jumped out of there and onto the newly repaired motorcycle that was sitting right outside. I fired up that fine piece of machinery, then slipped on my new sunglasses and took off down the road. I heard him calling out after me to come back, but I just ignored him.

I had the same feeling riding that motorcycle that I had the night before at Crater Lake. I felt so at peace with myself. I absolutely loved it. I still take out that Harley every once in a while when I’m in the mood. I usually go by myself, but sometimes I take a passenger with me. You’d probably never guess who it is – but then again, maybe you would.

It’s Lois.

You’re probably wondering why I’d take Lois instead of Chloe or Lana. It’s really quite simple. It really turns Lois on when I put on that leather jacket and hop on the old Harley. I don’t know why, but I’m not about to question it because I love it when she wraps her arms around my waist and I feel her breasts pressed against my back. I get this tingly sensation and…

Never mind. I’m getting way, way ahead of myself. I’m supposed to be telling you the story of Jessie and my first experience with Red-K.

I was riding along when I saw a girl further up the road with her thumb stuck out and a man driving alongside her trying to talk to her. I looked closely and saw it was Jessie. My day was finally getting better. I pulled up beside her and offered her a ride. She was really surprised to see Clark Kent wearing a leather jacket and riding a motorcycle.

I think it really turned her on.

She sat behind me and strapped on the helmet, then put her arms around me. She whispered that I was her hero, then put on the helmet that I didn’t bother wearing. We took off down the road against her father’s protests. I loved having her with me on my maiden ride. It was amazing. I could feel her heart beating against my back as we approached Smallville High. The crowd of teenagers that were milling about outside the school parted like the Red Sea as we approached the parking lot. The feeling it gave me was amazing. I barely took note of all the whispers and looks that were sent our way as we entered the parking lot.

For once, I was the bad boy.

I pulled into the parking lot and turned off the engine. She hopped off the bike, then handed me the helmet and thanked me for the ride. I didn’t look back at her but muttered, “Anytime,’ under my breath as she walked away. I was shutting off the engine and getting off the bike when I heard Lana’s voice. She said something about me that made me think that she might have been a little bit jealous of Jessie.

She said, “So much for the shy and retiring Clark Kent.”

I turned around to see Chloe, Lana, and Pete coming towards me. I arched my eyebrow and gave Lana a little leer as I replied that I was just giving Jessie a ride to school but that I would save the return trip for her if she gave me the word. I know she was a bit confused by how blatantly I was flirting with her. I must admit I loved keeping her off-balance. Pete was amused by the whole thing, but it was obvious that Chloe wasn’t happy by this turn of events. She didn’t even say a word as she walked away with Lana. Pete came over and said something that remains one of my all-time favorite quotes.

Clark Kent, chick magnet. What’s wrong with this picture?

The words, “People change, Pete” were barely out of my mouth when my father pulled up in his red truck and ‘said’ he wanted to have a word with me. Now how did he manage to catch up with me so quickly? He must have been speeding the entire time. I told him not right then and started walking away when he flung open the door and demanded I get in the truck. I dared him to give me one good reason why I should, then he grabbed me by my jacket and ‘told’ me that he was my father and once again demanded that I get in the truck. Well, I wasn’t about to stand for that, so I told him he was never my father. He stared at me in shock, but then I did something that I would never forgive myself for – once the Red-K was out of my system, that is.

I threw him against the truck.

I stood there for a moment with a smirk on my face, then walked away and left him there. Pete told me after I was no longer infected that he drove my father home because he had hurt his back. Of course I felt so guilty, but at the time I didn’t give a damn. I went into the school, but then decided it was a waste of my time. I had better things to do than to sit around and listen to yet another boring lecture, so I skipped the rest of my classes.

Clark Kent deserved a day off.

I went back to Metropolis with the intention of checking out a few clubs - but it was too early in the day, so then I decided to do some more clothes shopping. I returned to Smallville and came across the bar I had mentioned to Pete the day before. I decided to ask Jessie to be my date because it seemed to be her type of place. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a hold of her so I decided to change my plan and ask Lana to be my date instead. There was only one problem with my plan though.

I had to ask her first.

It probably sounds as if Lana was my second choice. She wasn’t. Even though I had spent time with Jessie and was attracted to her, I was still in love with Lana – at least, I was convinced I was in love with her.

I waited until I was sure that school was over, then headed straight for the Talon because I knew Lana would be working. I strolled in all confident and cocky as I came up to her and told her that we needed to talk. She said she had to get her orders done, but I told her they could wait. I couldn’t believe that I actually came out and suggested that maybe she was jealous when she saw me with Jessie. She told me not to be ridiculous and that I could spend time with anyone I want.

I was happy she had been jealous and told her so.

She looked at me curiously and asked what was going on with me. I told her I decided to tell her the truth about everything. That’s when she asked me about what happened the day the twisters hit. I told her we would get there, but that we really needed to concentrate on more important things…

Like our mutual feelings for each other.

I told her we should stop pretending, but she was a little leery and asked if I was an all-new Clark Kent. She picked up her tray of coffees and started to walk away, but I wouldn’t let her. I pulled it out of her hands and placed it on the counter, then asked her if she liked it. Now this is where I really became bold.

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her like she had never been kissed before.

That was the most amazing kiss I had ever had – at least up to that point in time. That kiss felt like it went on forever and a day. I’ve had kisses like that since then, but I’ve also had ones that were even more amazing. Just don’t tell Lana. I wouldn’t want to hurt her feelings.

Once our lips finally pulled apart, she barely managed to ask me about Jessie. I whispered to her that she was the one I wanted to be with and that I would pick her up at eight that evening, then left. I stepped outside and closed the door behind me, but then I paused when I heard her heart still fluttering rapidly. I smiled to myself and took off. I returned to the farm and sneaked into the loft and stared at the nearly empty space.

Apparently my father returned everything.

It really pissed me off, but what he didn’t know was that I had a few hiding places he didn’t know about. I took off the leather jacket and changed from my green t-shirt to a black one, then put on a long, black trench coat. Since I could no longer play any video games, I decided to head on over to the mansion and play some pool with Lex. I opened the door to his study, but was dismayed to find out that the pool table was no longer there.

Apparently Lex’s father was now living there and required – as Lex put it – certain sacrifices.

He didn’t sound too happy as he said it, so I suggested that Lex throw his father out. He started to say that the thought had occurred to him, but then there was a pause in his voice before he mentioned his father’s blindness. I wondered why he had paused, but didn’t think much about it. When I told him that just because his father had a problem didn’t mean he should ruin his life, he remarked that he was unaware that a two-thousand dollar coat came with a backbone and asked what was going on.

I told him I wanted to borrow his Ferrari because I had a hot date that night and wanted to ‘rock her world.’

He couldn’t help chuckling and replied it must be Lana at last.

I reminded him of what he told me once about how a man needs to know when to make his move. He seemed glad that I was finally acting on my feelings, but then talked about how he never thought that Lana would be impressed by a Ferrari.

I told him that fast cars, a fancy home, and a ton of money didn’t hurt him.

His only response was to chuckle at my remark. I told him I just wanted to make that night special, but he was concerned because it was an expensive piece of machinery as well as being hard to handle. I know I surprised him by what I said next.

I said it wasn’t as if I was going to drive it off a bridge.

I knew that would hit a nerve because he gave me a curious look. I went on to tell him that all he needed to do was ask himself who was more responsible than Clark Kent, then gave him a confident smile. He was quiet for a moment, then pulled out the car keys from his pocket and extended them towards me.

He told me he wanted that car back in one piece.

I agreed and took the keys from him, then promptly strode out of there and headed for the garage where he keeps his cars. I slid behind the wheel of that magnificent piece of machinery and turned the key. The engine roared to life and I pulled out of the garage. I took off down that road and put the pedal to the metal. I thought that riding the motorcycle was awesome, but driving that car was a hundred times better. I couldn’t wait to see the expression on Lana’s face when I picked her up.

I was not disappointed.

I hopped out of the car without bothering to open the door and came around to where she was standing. She had a look of surprise on her face as I lifted her into my arms and set her down on the passenger seat. I reminded her to put her seat belt on, then started the car once again and pulled out onto the road. When she asked why I didn’t put my seat belt on, I said that I didn’t need one. When she persisted in asking me why, I retorted that if she was going to nag me all night then I should just bring her back home.

I still can’t believe how cocky and arrogant I was that night. I wouldn’t normally treat a woman like that, but Red-K lowers my inhibitions to the point where I really don’t give a damn what other people think. I pretty much do whatever I wanted – and the last thing I wanted was someone nagging me.

Especially Lana.

I pulled into the parking lot and shut off the engine. Once again I hopped out of the car, but this time Lana had already exited the car. I didn’t care one way or the other. I took her hand and we stepped inside the bar. It was really crowded, but I could feel an energetic vibe in the air. I thought it was great, but Lana didn’t really care for it. I should have tried harder to reach Jessie because I would have had a whole lot more fun.
    Last edited by gem65; 06-16-2012 at 04:49 AM.

As we made our way through the crowd, I observed a couple of burly guys ogling Lana. I didn’t like that and I started to confront them, but Lana pulled me away. I suggested we have some beer and do some dancing, but Lana wanted to go somewhere else instead and just talk. It was not my idea of a fun night. A moment later, I heard a voice saying, “I’ll take that dance, Clark.”

It was Jessie.

I must say I was more than pleasantly surprised to see her standing there. My eyes traveled up from the black boots that ended just below her knees to the red-print spaghetti strapped dress that showed just a hint of cleavage. She looked really sexy with her hair swept up off her face. She said to Lana that she had taken her advice and checked out the Talon, but decided to come to the bar instead.

I couldn’t help chuckling at what she said, but Lana was definitely not amused by it. She took my hand and asked for that dance I suggested, but then Jessie took my other hand. I was being fought over by two beautiful girls. Okay, maybe they weren’t actually fighting, but I still loved it.

I told Lana I’d be right back and went off with Jessie.

I left her standing there with a look of disappointment as I pulled Jessie close to me as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I really loved the feeling of holding her in my arms. She asked me if I liked living in Smallville – and when I told her that it was the only place I ever lived, she replied it was a big, bad world out there and that the right person ought to show me. I asked her if she had anyone in mind, then we both leaned in for a kiss when Lana interrupted.

She said she was leaving.

I said we had just gotten there and extended some money towards her to get us some drinks and turned back to Jessie, but Lana wouldn’t take it. She asked me what happened to telling the truth and I countered with what happened to, “Spend time with whoever you want?” She stared at me with widened eyes and asked if that was the way I wanted it. I replied with a smirk, “There’s enough of me to go around.”

I guess she wasn’t into threesomes.

She started to walk away and I grabbed her arm, but the same two guys from before came over and asked if there was a problem. Lana pulled her arm away and glared up at me as she said, “Not anymore,” then stormed off. The bigger guy pushed his hand against my chest as if to stop me from going after Lana, then ‘advised’ me to let the lady go. I didn’t particularly care for him touching me, so I grabbed both of them by their shirts and threw them behind me. I could hear them flying through the air until they crashed into a couple tables.

I loved it – and I could tell by the look on Jessie’s face that she loved it too.

The bartender came out from behind the bar with a bat in his hands and declared I was going down, but I didn’t think that would happen.

I used my heat vision on that bat and it burst into flames.

He dropped the bat and attempted to punch me, but I was too strong for him. I grabbed him by the arm with one hand and clasped my other hand around his neck. As I pushed him down, another guy had grabbed a chair and smashed it on my back. Poor guy didn’t have a chance.

I threw him across the room too and yelled out, “Anybody else?”

Nobody came forward. They were too scared to approach me. By this point, I was completely taken over by the Red-K. That’s when Jessie came up to me and told me that she couldn’t be there when the cops arrived. I agreed and said we should pack our bags and see that big, bad world she had told me about earlier. I grabbed her by the hand and pulled her along with me and we exited the bar.

I was going to bring her home so she could pack her bags, but then decided we should have a little fun before we took off. I pulled to the side of the road and shut the engine off. I slid the driver’s seat backward, then snapped off her seatbelt and gave her a smoldering glare.

I think she got the hint of what I was after because she straddled my lap and crashed her lips onto mine.

I was getting painfully hard just from her wriggling on my lap as we continued to kiss. My hands gripped her thighs, then slipped inside her dress and gradually slid upwards until they found her voluptuous backside. My fingers firmly squeezed her cheeks while her hands slipped inside my t-shirt and grazed my chest with her fingertips. We would have gotten further had we not been blinded by a light shining in our faces.

It was a police officer.

Jessie quickly slid off my lap and back into the passenger seat while the officer asked for my driver’s license and registration. I handed both of them to him while Jessie was putting her seatbelt back on. The officer gave me back my license and registration, then informed me that he wasn’t going to give me a ticket – but did give me a warning. While he was walking towards his police car, I started the car and rapidly pulled onto the road and sped off. I brought her home and told her I’d be there the morning to pick her up, then left and returned to the farm.

I parked the car in front of the barn, then went up to the loft and stretched out on the couch. I was still hard and physically frustrated due to having been interrupted by the cop, so I did what I had to do and found relief. Afterwards, I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

I hadn’t had a good night’s sleep like that in ages.

I woke up really early and managed to sneak into the shower before my parents woke up, then returned to the loft and extracted the new clothes I had hidden from my father and changed into them. I opened the barn doors and saw my parents walking towards me. I had been hoping to sneak out without having to talk to them, but no such luck.

I felt another lecture coming on.

I frowned when I saw them, but continued to walk over to the car with a couple duffle bags. I would have used a suitcase, but that was all I had. I decided I would get brand new luggage when we were on the road. I popped the trunk and was starting to load the bags when my parents started talking about how worried they were and that they had been searching for us all night. They talked about how they wanted to help me, but I scoffed at them because I knew the only reason they wanted to help me was in order to keep me on the farm and do chores for a measly twenty dollars a week allowance.

He replied by saying that there was something wrong with me and they were convinced it was due to the ring.

I couldn’t believe my ears. They were still upset at me for buying the damn thing. When were they going to let it go anyway? I thought it was pathetic and told him so. He attempted to grab my hand, but I quickly pulled it away.

I warned him that he really didn’t want to touch me.

They both stared at me, but my father recovered from the shock of my words long enough to quietly ask me to hand it to him. My mother said Chloe had found out that the ring was made out of red meteor rock. My father added that since the green rock made me sick, they thought that the red rock was affecting my mind.

They believed that it had changed my personality.

I thought about what he had just said and looked at the ring on my finger, then asked him if everything I’d been doing and saying was because of the ring. He confirmed it, then told me I needed to take it off right away. Was he crazy or something? Did he really expect me to take it off?

I replied I wished I had found it sooner.

I retorted that if they wanted to waste their life in this mud hole (the farm), then it was their problem and that I was through being poor, then slammed the trunk shut and walked around to the driver’s side of the car. Dad followed me and gave me yet another speech about how we didn’t have all the things other people had, but that he didn’t think our family was about that. I replied that I could make millions with my abilities.

Sports, TV, it was all waiting for me.

I really let him have it by telling him that they were the ones who forced me to hide who I really was. Of course he defended their actions by trying to convince me they had been trying to protect me. I snapped that they were using me and that I was just another piece of equipment to keep their farm going, then said it was all going to change as I slid behind the driver’s seat and started the engine.

I tore out of the yard just barely missing my father’s foot.

I decided to head on to the mansion first before picking up Jessie. I burst through the doors of Lex’s study and declared that I would keep the Ferrari a bit longer and would send it back when I got myself set up. He asked me what was going on as I casually lay down on his couch.

I told him I left home.

He had a curious tone in his voice as he asked me what happened. I answered that my parents didn’t understand me and that there was nothing left for me in Smallville. When he asked me about Lana, I smirked that she was old news and that I had a new girl named Jessie. When he remarked that it was sudden, I threw his words back in his face about him always telling me to find my destiny.

My destiny was not in Kansas.

I think he secretly admired me as he remarked how I just packed up and left. I sat up and looked him in the eye and told him he had no idea what I was capable of. In hindsight, telling him that was a very, very bad idea because he got yet another curious look and asked me to fill him in. I’m grateful that I didn’t make another mistake by telling him my secret.

I got up from the couch and declared as I started to walk away that when I was through showing the world what I could do, I would have everything I ever wanted and might even be richer than he was. I stopped in my tracks when he said that maybe I was right to get away from my parents. I turned around as he got up and said that maybe he should do the same and just let Lionel have the mansion if he wanted it so much.

I told him he could come with me when he said he never wanted to live in Smallville, then he replied that we could stay in the penthouse in Metropolis because nobody was using it.

Clark Kent and Lex Luthor. I like the sound of that.

He said he had to tie up some loose ends at the office, then told me to make myself comfortable and would be right back. While he was gone, I uncovered the pool table and began to play some pool. That’s when I had some unexpected and unwelcomed company.

Lionel Luthor.

He must have thought I was Lex because he was calling out his name. I didn’t answer him and promptly strode up to him and swiped the sunglasses off his face. He waved his cane back and forth in an attempt to hit me, but I easily managed to avoid it. When he asked who I was, I said he should go back to his room, then changed my mind and told him to pack his bags and get the hell out. He sounded like he had been taken aback by my boldness so I upped the ante by telling him that Lex may be afraid to tell him that nobody wanted him in Smallville, but I wasn’t. He sounded curious when he asked what my name was, so I told him.

Looking back, I think that was the moment that Lionel really took notice of me – and not in a good way.

He was surprised to hear whose son I was. He went on to say that he was astonished to find out that they had raised – as he put – a blatantly aggressive offspring. I admit that I was flattered by being called aggressive. That was pretty cool. I then told him that if he liked my parents so much, then he should stay with them because they have a spare bedroom and could use the cash.

I think he was impressed by how I talked back to him. He said I had a lot to learn about tact, but that I spoke my mind and it was a quality that would take me far. That was my intention all right.

I replied that I was going to the top.

I think he was going to ask me how I was going to do it, but then some guy knocked on the door and came right in. He was looking for Lionel and apologized for the interruption. He said that Lex’s security people let him in. Now that was funny.

Lex has the worst luck in finding capable security guards.

The guy claimed to be a federal marshal and went on to say that I was last seen the night before leaving the scene of a disturbance in Lex’s Ferrari. Of course Lionel’s voice was laced with sarcasm when he asked if that happened on my way to the top. I really wanted to smack that smirk off his face, but somehow managed to keep my cool. That’s when the so-called federal marshal held out something in front of me.

It was a picture of Jessie.

I lied and claimed I had never seen him before, but he didn’t believe me because he pulled out a gun and aimed it at me. I laughed and asked if that was supposed to scare me, then before he knew what was happening I was standing in front of him and had his gun in my hand while aiming it at him. He was confused because he had no idea what had just happened. Of course Lionel couldn’t see what was going on because he was in the dark.

Literally.

I replied in a cocky manner that he had no idea who he was dealing with, then proceeded to do something that I would never had done had I been in my right mind.

I shot three bullets into my hand.

Lionel’s voice was shaking ever so slightly as he asked what was going on. I told him not to worry and said that the bullets missed, then let the mashed up bullets drop to the floor. Lionel said he was going to get security and ran out of the study as fast as he was able to.

For a blind guy, that is.

The marshal attempted to leave, but I rapidly pushed the pool table and trapped him up against the stained glass window. I politely ‘asked’ him why he was looking for Jessie and he finally told me.

It had nothing to do with her, but her father instead.

Apparently they were in the witness protection program, but they rabbited – as he put it. I took that to mean that they ran away.

Now why couldn’t he just say that instead?

He went on to say that Jessie’s father was a whistle blower and that his former employer had offered him a million dollars to find evidence. I asked him what kind of evidence. He ran off a list of things like computer disks, accounting files, memos, endless smoking guns, etc. That’s when he made me an offer to split it and that it was enough money to start a whole new life. I told him that was a great idea, but who needed him anyway?

I hard-tapped him on the forehead and knocked him out.

I headed back to the Ferrari and high-tailed it out of there and headed straight for Jessie’s house. I knocked on the door and waited impatiently for her to open it. She finally opened it and thought that I had forgotten about her and asked if I was ready to go. I replied, “Almost,” then brushed passed her on my way into the darkened living room and said that I knew about her father and the disks.

I said we weren’t going anywhere until I had those disks.

She had this terrified look on her face, but I didn’t care. She wanted to know why I was doing this and I replied it was for the money. I reminded her that she wanted to leave this town and that a million dollars was more than enough money to make a fresh start. She didn’t want to give them to me because her father would become a dead man, but then a voice replied that he was a dead man when he started running.

It was the Marshal.

I snapped back that I didn’t want to split it and he claimed I needed him because he knew the players and how to get the money, then he ordered Jessie to give me the disks. I turned around and give her the ‘you better give it to me’ look, but then I heard the click of his gun.

He was going to shoot her, but instead her father shot him instead.

I was shocked to see him collapse to the floor in a heap. I looked up and saw Jessie’s father sitting on the stairs. He came downstairs and aimed the gun at me and said he didn’t want to hurt me, but would and told me to get out. He was telling me what to do and I hated that.

I told him that I didn’t listen to my Dad, so what made him think I was going to listen to him?

I knocked the gun out of his hand and demanded to know where the disks were. While I was looking around, Jessie had quietly slipped out of the house. I proceed to start searching the living room and kept on talking about how I’d figure it out one way or another. I threw the television against the wall, then grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off his feet. I told him to save himself a lot a pain and make it sooner, but he seemed pretty sure of himself as he told me I could kill him and even tear the house to the ground but I would never find the disks. That’s when it occurred to me.

Jessie had the disks.

I immediately dropped him and super-sped out of there. I heard her footsteps and went out into the cornfield right outside. I watched with amusement as she ran between the rows of corn and was constantly looking over her shoulder. She should have been looking ahead instead.

She ran right into me and fell on her ass.

She stared up at me as I crouched down and took the purse from her. She begged me not to do it, but I ignored her and pulled out the disks. I couldn’t help chuckling to myself when I saw they were pink. I remarked how I had never realized how easy it was to get everything I wanted, but then I heard a voice behind me calling my name.

I turned my head and saw it was Pete.

I smirked, then stood up and asked if it took a whole study group to find me. He replied that Lionel had heard me mention Jessie. Now how did Pete know about that? He never did tell me, but it didn’t really matter. He turned to Jessie and told her to run, so she grabbed the disks out of my hand along with her purse and immediately took off in the opposite direction.

That was the last time I ever saw her.

I reminded him that she wasn’t going to get far and no one could get away from me – but then I heard one more unwelcoming voice.

My Dad was standing there holding a sledgehammer.

He said he wasn’t going to let me hurt anybody else, and I retorted that he was still telling me what to do. He looked like he was a little scared of me, so I said he and Mom were always afraid of me. He denied it and said that they always had love for me, but that what he was about to do made it all that more difficult. When he said Pete’s name and told him to do it – whatever ‘it’ was – I had a bad feeling and turned around and glanced down at the opened box in Pete’s hand.

In the middle of the box was Green Kryptonite.

I stared at him in shock as I sank down on my hands and knees as the familiar queasy feeling permeated my body. I barely heard him say he was sorry, but I ignored him and gave my father an angry glare, then balled my hand into a fist and reached up towards him. He then did something I never thought he would be capable of doing.

He raised the sledgehammer above his head, then lowered it and smashed the ring.

I screamed and fell down to the ground, but my Dad fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around me. I could feel the effects of the Red-K beginning to leave my body as Pete knelt down beside me. I was still a little confused by what had just happened, but all he would say was that things were going to be alright. Pete asked if I was going to be okay and Dad answered for me by telling him, “Thanks.”

After Dad dropped off Pete at his house, we drove back to the house in silence. I quickly went up to the loft and plopped down on the couch while Dad went into the house to tell Mom that their plan worked. I laid back and thought about how arrogant and self-absorbed I had been. I also thought about everything that had happened the last few days - but there was one thing in particular that really concerned me.

I put myself on Lionel Luthor’s radar.

I got up and changed out of the dark suit I was wearing and into my usual attire of jeans and a flannel shirt, then headed back to Jessie’s house. I went inside and discovered it was completely empty. Apparently they had cleared out. I went back to the farm – and as I entered the kitchen, I saw that dinner was just about ready. As they sat down, I told them what I had found out and Dad replied that maybe they had stopped running and went to the authorities.

I really hoped that Jessie would be alright.

There was definite tension in the air and it was all because of me. I couldn’t help feeling that maybe I would never be forgiven for what happened. I apologized by saying I didn’t really mean all the things I said and did, but apparently Dad thought otherwise. He didn’t look at me when he said that the red meteor rocks might have affected my personality, but the feelings I had expressed all came from somewhere. I wish I could describe how my father sounded when he spoke those words, but all I can really say about it was that it broke my heart a little. He went on to say that we may not have a lot as compared to Lex, but until now he never really thought that it bothered me.

I admitted that sometimes it did bother me, but then I remembered what was really important and that none of the other stuff mattered. I walked over to where they were sitting and said that no matter how crazy I became, they stood by me.

That’s something all the money in the world can’t buy.

I sat down next to my Dad and he told me what a close call it was. I confessed that I felt the sudden urge to tell everyone my secret when I put the ring on.

Lex, Lana, Jessie.

Mom sounded proud when she said I didn’t reveal it, but I couldn’t deny that the feelings were still there. It was as if I had two identities and didn’t know which one was the real me. That’s when Mom said that the real me was the one who came back to them. She went on to say that they never had any doubt that I would. That’s when Dad held my hand and smiled back at me. I felt so much better, but I knew there was one person I needed to talk to.

It was Lana.

After dinner, I picked up some flowers and walked to her house. She wasn’t there, but her Aunt Nell told me she was riding her horse. I immediately headed for where she was and walked up towards the wooden fence surrounding the pasture. I stopped for a moment and watched as she galloped towards me.

She rode over, but remained on the horse as I walked up to the fence still holding the yellow flowers in my hand. I said that Nell told me that it was one of her favorite places and how pretty it was. I added that I had gotten lost along the way, but that wasn’t quite true. I was trying to come up with an explanation for my actions - but I knew that no matter what I came up with, it wouldn’t be good enough.

I hoped I hadn’t ruined our friendship beyond repair.

She finally noticed the flowers in my hands and asked coolly if they were for her. I immediately knew from that tone in her voice that she wasn’t going to forgive me so easily. I was really nervous, but tried not to let it show as I expressed my hopes that we could be friends like we were before.

She didn’t buy one word of it.

She was a little terse when she asked if I expected her to pretend that nothing had happened just because I brought her flowers. I tried to explain that the things I said and did wasn’t really me, but she still didn’t buy it. That’s when she asked me about what I told her in the Talon about having feelings for her. I started to explain, but she interrupted by saying I couldn’t have it both ways and that either it was me or it wasn’t. I admitted that I wished I could explain it but I couldn’t.

She smiled wryly as she said it was the story of my life, then I apologized once again. She shooked her head sadly when she said that she knew, but that it wasn’t enough anymore. The last thing she said was to ask if I could find my way home.

I said I hope so.

She turned her horse around and rode away; her dark brunette hair flowing in the wind behind her. I leaned again the fence and watched until she was out of my sight. I looked down at the flowers in my hand, then let them drop to the ground.

I wasn’t going to need them anymore.

I turned around and walked into the woods and began to make the long trek back to the farm. I could have easily super-sped the rest of the way, but I needed the time to think about how once again I had blown it with Lana. Of all the people in Smallville, she would have been the one person who would accept me just as I was. Why couldn’t I just tell her my secret? I loved her, or at least I was convinced I loved her.

As for Jessie, I was never really in love with her. She was pretty and there was an attraction between us, but I doubt that I would have even given her a second glance if it hadn’t been for the Red-K. All I knew was that once again I was alone.

A solitary man.

Coming up next: The two Cat Grants
    Last edited by gem65; 07-20-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Incurable Postaholic bigvillir001's Avatar
    wow amazing update more plz

Quote Originally Posted by bigvillir001 View Post
    wow amazing update more plz
    I've had it sitting on my computer for a really long time. It was my intention to whittle it down a LOT, but I never got around to it. I just decided yesterday to post it. I went over it a couple times to fix a few minor things, then posted it. Glad you liked it.

PS: I'm not sure if or when I'll post another update. All I can promise is that I'll try not to wait so long. Thanks for reading and commenting.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered somewhere. When is Clark's POV narration occurring? Are they from the same time or at different times? The first chapters seemed like they were probably between Requiem and Doomsday, but this last one didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by eilylori View Post
    I apologize if this has already been asked and answered somewhere. When is Clark's POV narration occurring? Are they from the same time or at different times? The first chapters seemed like they were probably between Requiem and Doomsday, but this last one didn't.
    I never really thought about when his narrations take place, but I think you're probably right about the first few having occurred between Requiem and Doomsday. If I had to narrow it down, the latest one probably took place at some point not too far in the future after Clark and Lois got together.

There's no need to apologize. If you have any other questions, just ask. I'll try to answer in the best way I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast