Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lydia an empath? could she have used clairs ability to heal herself?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lydia an empath? could she have used clairs ability to heal herself?

Lydia has been referred to as an Empath if she is an empath she should be able to absorb abilities around her kind of like peter, I think that if she is an empath she may be a little different to peter because if she has full control over her ability she may be able to chose what she wants to absorb abit like the haition being able to turn his abilities on and off at will. Peter on the other hand kept absorbing abilities because may be he didnt have full control.

Anyways Could she have absorb clairs ability and healed herself we know that when peter first absorbed clairs ability back in season 1 and was pushed off or jumped of a building it did take his body time to heal itself at first clair thought he was dead until a few minutes later he started to heal himself.

I personally think that if Lydia is an empath this would be a great way for samuel to be exposed, also it could be that a few people are in on this plan. Please let me know what you guys think of this.
    Last edited by Kams1982; 01-27-2010, 04:46 AM. Reason: Wanted to change title

Was he saying that Joeseph was too an empath? If that is so and he had sooo many specials around Samual couldn't have gotten that rock off to kill him.
    She isn't a power taking empath, she sees souls. She thinks Peter is the future of the carnival, if she had his power why would she need or see him?

Comment

I suppose that means that not all empaths are the same.

What I find confusing is that an empath is supposed to be an empathy mimicer which from what I understand means that people with EM can take peoples abilities in a certain range, may be in lydia's case she is a different type of empath. It makes sense that if Joseph was an empath he should have been stronger than samuel and he should not have died so easily, which brings me to the conclusion that joseph may be a different type of empath who doesnt absorb powers we didnt really know what abilities joseph had. Or may be because Samuel is Josephs brother Joseph thought that he was powerless to do anything to stop his brother peter on the otherhand would have not looked at his brother he would have looked at right and wrong, if his bro was in the wrong peter would have tried to stop him. Maybe Joseph lacked that very desire to do what ever it takes to stop Samuel to do the wrong thing.

Comment

empaths are not the same. i've read books, seen movies that portray different forms of empaths. like some empaths can only feel what others feel. emotions, feelings. they can take those feelings and emotions into themselves. empaths that can take another person's pain away simply by touching. or even make others feel what they're feeling. the first time i ever heard of an empath that took or borrowed others abilities was on heroes. on star trek tng counselor troi was an empath but she only felt what others were feeling and it helped her council them. i read one book where a character was empathic and used it almost like he was psychic just by simply getting a bit of the other person's mood and using it against them. i'm guessing there are different forms of empaths, not all of them take powers.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
          empaths are not the same. i've read books, seen movies that portray different forms of empaths. like some empaths can only feel what others feel. emotions, feelings. they can take those feelings and emotions into themselves. empaths that can take another person's pain away simply by touching. or even make others feel what they're feeling. the first time i ever heard of an empath that took or borrowed others abilities was on heroes. on star trek tng counselor troi was an empath but she only felt what others were feeling and it helped her council them. i read one book where a character was empathic and used it almost like he was psychic just by simply getting a bit of the other person's mood and using it against them. i'm guessing there are different forms of empaths, not all of them take powers.
          Ah ha. Dood to know.

Comment

An empath is simply one who cares about others. It does not necessarily imply any special powers. Unfortunately, we have a term unique to Heroes that is known as empathic mimicry that was used to describe Peter's original inherent ability. That is different from the term empath. Of course, if there is a separate sci-fi definition of that word, I have to admit to being ignorant of it. I can only go by what I found through search engines.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎