No announcement yet.

Stuck on Claire?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck on Claire?

I realize the cheerleader-fetish most people have. Eye-candy. Sure I get that body prancing around... jumping... doing split is yummy. She was cute in season 1... maybe even season 2 when she changed cheer-leading color outfit.

But seriously, Claire isn't all that good looking to be stuck on. I'm not knocking on the actress Haden... I'm talking character-wise. Of course I personally prefer Ali Larter.. now that is a WOMAN... a very sexy woman who doesnt need a fetish cheerleader outfit to favor my attention.

Ahem.

Back to topic.

I realize Claire is trying to find herself.. but... must we be subjected to her every action? I rather just hear the narrator sum up her diary then bleed my eyes watching half the show be centered on her.

Yeah I see what you're saying. I'd rather follow a more interesting character around. I feel like I'm watching True Life: I'm a Teenager With An Ability half the time.

Comment

I actually have started to like Claire more and more as the seasons have progressed, I didn't like her much in Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Curt Connors
        I actually have started to like Claire more and more as the seasons have progressed, I didn't like her much in Season 1.
        Care to explain why you like Claire more now?

Comment

Originally posted by ~::PhaEj::~
          Care to explain why you like Claire more now?
          She isn't an annoying cheerleader anymore, and she still puts up with her father's shenanigans, as Noah is my favorite character I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Curt Connors
            She isn't an annoying cheerleader anymore, and she still puts up with her father's shenanigans, as Noah is my favorite character I respect that.
            Thanks for your response. I would have to reply....

Last time I check, stealing is wrong. As when Claire stole the compass from Noah.

Even with her argument that the end justifies the means (keeping compass from Noah will prevent Noah finding the carnival and locking them up). She still did a wrong thing. Funny since Noah pretty much follows the same logic in protecting his precious daughter. And yet, she can judge Noah in the wrong for that. :face palm:

I also want to point out that she has been upset at him for 3 episodes. Daddy issues!

Comment

Yea I don't know why the writers' seem to be holding Claire up on a pedastool. I could see following her around in season 1, to get the audience used to her, but now it does get frustrating. Claire and Gretchen are like Paris and Nichole in the Simple Life. IMO they shouldn't killed lydia off, and instead spent more time on her. Now she was real eye candy.

Comment

Claire taking the Compass wasn't the smartest idea.
                It probably only fueled HRG's resolve in infiltrate the carvinal and find samuel

Also HRG is a pretty resourceful guy. She should have known that he would stop at nothing to find another way to locate the carnival.

Comment

I like Claire but I agree the whole centering around her character kind of annoys me.

Comment

tbh the initial stuff where she was being targeted was interesting, altho it does seem to have been selectively forgotten... you'd have thought the slightly psychotic invisi-girl, would still want to take her "revenge" on Noah, unless i'm just being forgetful but I can't recall her dying...

tbh Clare isn't one of my favourite characters just as she doesn't really bring much to the story other than as motivation for Noah to carry on his "grey" ways. we've seen the possible future where she was an agent, so there is a potential to grow, but they seem fixated on doing a little angst storyline where the unsure college girl (apparently now in her 'experimental phase') has daddy issues cause he became a cold blooded killer due to loosing his wife and you would assume some over events inbetween that which was "shown".

Clare has no real motivation or goal in any of her actions now, I can understand the notion of Noah trying to give her a normal life, but they either need to try and give her that, or give her some other angle to give her a spur that she needs, so that she's out to achieve something, rather than some half cocked idea of the carival and a "promised land" so to speak.

Comment

I like Claire. Have ever since the second episode of season one(she was REALLY shallow in the pilot).I guess people just love to hate Claire. And she is hot hot hot. If anybody's character's have been alittle dry I would say Ali's characters have been so. Hated tracy almost as much as I did Niki/Jessica.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎