No announcement yet.

New Smallville Tweets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by map_1984
    really im just happy she gave us the news, i could care less about the grammar...
    Well to be fair, the reporter over at cinemaspy responded:

Thanks for you comments. There seems to be a lot of conflicting commentary about these two stories floating about, so I want to set the record straight on both pieces of news.

First up, yes, things can and do change at the last moment…so everything is subject to change until "official" announcements are made. And even then, sometimes "official" proclamations aren't always followed—witness the Conan O'Brien / 'Tonight Show' debacle over at NBC.

To our stories: I have had three separate Vancouver sources — all of whom are in positions to know — tell me that 'Smallville' and 'Supernatural' are returning, even though an official announcement hasn’t yet been made. That’s pretty good corroboration, and it’s important to emphasize that I have had no reason to doubt these sources in the past.

A tip: the production boots on the ground — in concert with the major industry unions (i.e. the DGC) — typically hear these things even before the studio / network publicists, who have a vested interest in controlling / managing "the message." And I get that. I really do. I have learned from experience over the years, however, that those within the productions and the unions generally provide far more accurate intel than… well, studios / networks never provide "intel," let's face it.

It should be noted that I received an email last night from someone at Warner publicity asking me to re-title this story as "speculation" only. I replied indicating that I don't believe it to be speculation for the reasons I have alluded to above. I informed the publicist that we would be happy to publish an updated edit to these stories with an official comment from WBTV/The CW. We're still waiting for an email response.

I'll just add this: those of you who are regular readers of CinemaSpy know that the caliber of our staff and content speaks for itself. As far as we're concerned, this is a legitimate story, legitimately reported. As to those who cast aspersions on us for using un-cited sources, well, they wouldn’t be our sources for long if we divulged who they were. To those folks, I would merely say: go out and buy a copy of "All the Presidents Men" and read it.

And to those who simply want to fling pejoratives for the sake of it, well, have at it…we all have thick skins around here.

Now, if I had gone ahead and announced the eleventh and seventh seasons of these shows, then I wouldn't blame you for doubting me.

Meanwhile, there is other news to report and other stories to cover, so I will wish you all a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by gone2croatoan
      Hey Suzanne want to look like a professional?

Capitalization.
      Punctuation.
      Words.
      Complete sentences.

Think about it, sweetie.
      Other than capitalization, a lot of those can be foregone to make it fit in 140 characters and get the message across and they are usually typed on the fly. Twitter is more like mass texting than serious journalism. I wouldn't forgive that stuff in a newspaper article, but I really don't care on twitter.

Comment

Maybe dr fate tell her something about her future. Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
          From Chico6 (Suzanne Gomez) on Twitter:
          Oliver is way too charming to be alone...
          whoaaa.....hmmm..interesting...does this mean what I think it means?..that Oliver will still have a LI this year?.lol

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
            whoaaa.....hmmm..interesting...does this mean what I think it means?..that Oliver will still have a LI this year?.lol
            I just think it might.

Comment

Lois/Dr. Fate/Chloe in 'Absolute Justice:
              Quote:
              Lois is also in Absolute Justice and gets some interesting news from Dr. Fate. He also has some advice for Chloe

Chloe's involment in the Amanda Waller/Checkmate's storyline:
              Quote:
              Yes, a big part

Cute Clois moment in 'Absolute Justice':
              Quote:
              Yep.
              Ooh can't wait to see these come true!

I am very interested in what news Lois gets from Dr Fate.

I am hoping Chloe's storyline with Checkmate interlinks with Lois's involvement and they spend some time together, PROPERLY.

And don't get me going on a cute Clois moment in AJ. I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                I just think it might.
                praise be to God if that actually happens.lol...that's like the last bit of news i've been waiting for most of the season..that Oliver gets a love interest of his own.lol

Comment

oh yeah CinemaSpy is blacklisted
                  Yeah, that's going to backfire horrifically.

Robert Falconer, who is the one reporting that WBTV have renewed both Smallville and Supernatural for another season each (note: I said WBTV, not The CW, hence why Suzanne Gomez is pissed), is arguably the most respected film journalist operating in Vancouver a.k.a. "North Hollywood". Cinemaspy.com is his own personal website, and he also writes for Metro, which I believe is the most read newspaper and website in Canada.

The silly woman obviously didn't consider any of this when she made her accusations, and as a result, I think Smallville and Supernatural will get slammed. I can't imagine Falconer taking this easy, but I hope he doesn't trash the series themselves, just their management. It's a shame The CW is such utter crap when it comes to things like this.

The thing is, I don't know why Suzanne even tried to cover it up, the writers start work on the season finale next week, so we'll know if its been renewed or not.

Comment

praise be to God if that actually happens.lol...that's like the last bit of news i've been waiting for most of the season..that Oliver gets a love interest of his own.lol
                    Can I ask why? Why does he need a love interest?

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                      Don't you know that EVERYONE needs to be paired up on SV?

Comment

call it a very weird quirk that i've had for sometime.

but even if he doesn't have, it wouldn't ruin the season for me, but if he did have one, it would only be a plus fo rme.

Comment

I don't understand this quirk. Sorry.

Comment

I don't understand this quirk. Sorry.
                            well if it's any consolation, i doubt any one does.lol.but no need to be sorry for that.

on a sidenote, what i wouldn't give to hear about some spoilers concerning the man of steel himself...you know guys..the actual star of the show?

Comment

call it a very weird quirk that i've had for sometime.

but even if he doesn't have, it wouldn't ruin the season for me, but if he did have one, it would only be a plus fo rme.
                              Is this because you want him to stay away from Lois?

Comment

Originally posted by Dizagaox
                                Yeah, that's going to backfire horrifically.

Robert Falconer, who is the one reporting that WBTV have renewed both Smallville and Supernatural for another season each (note: I said WBTV, not The CW, hence why Suzanne Gomez is pissed), is arguably the most respected film journalist operating in Vancouver a.k.a. "North Hollywood". Cinemaspy.com is his own personal website, and he also writes for Metro, which I believe is the most read newspaper and website in Canada.

The silly woman obviously didn't consider any of this when she made her accusations, and as a result, I think Smallville and Supernatural will get slammed. I can't imagine Falconer taking this easy, but I hope he doesn't trash the series themselves, just their management. It's a shame The CW is such utter crap when it comes to things like this.

The thing is, I don't know why Suzanne even tried to cover it up, the writers start work on the season finale next week, so we'll know if its been renewed or not.
                                I did notice that, she is pissed because she is from the CW not from WBTV and the CW is the one trying to keep the "we won't know until May" crrrraaa....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎