No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Bloodlines?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Bloodlines?"

What did you think of tonight's episode?

Me, I thought yet again the show surprised me with parts of the mythology. It's a deep layered story and I like that. Loved the backstory with Stefan and Grams. I have to be honest, not ship-bashing but I'm not feeling Stefan/Elena that much anymore, but we'll see.

Love that past things are coming to haunt them and I love that Damon STILL kills. No matter how nice he seems or feels, he'll turn on someone at any moment.

I was surprised that Elena never told Aunt Jenna about the car. Maybe next week. But I was also surprised that Elena wasn't freaked out about being in an automobile accident after one killed her parents a few months back. I know when I got in a car accident I was actually afraid of driving a few months after that.

I really liked the new girl that Jeremy was interacting with. Also I find Alaric to be VERY interesting even though he barely appears. What little he's on, he is really interesting.

Also not to be a fuddy duddy prude but I wish the show would dial back the underage drinking. Sure it happens, but it does send a bad impression on young viewers, and in my opinion is completely unnecessary.

I give this one a 9/10 though.
    10 - Excellent
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - It Sucks
    0%

I see Damon has a thing for draining other people's wifes/girlfriends...He's trouble, that's why i like him. He has both dark and good side. ( "upsy daisy!!!" that made me laugh!) I'd like to see how Damon gets out of the messes he caused..maybe next time Elena won't be around to save his ass

Agree with you on matter of underage drinking.

Nice turn with Elena adopted, and kind of nice the thought that Stefan was watching her from the distance. Loved the new girl, but why do i sense that she has a secret?

Comment

I loved this episode...I was so excited that it's back and the whole episode had me at the edge of my seat waiting for the next reveal and I'm glad Stefan told Elena everything, hopefully they have them together discovering Elena's real heritage through out some the season. Anyways, great episode there were a lot of things I did not expect, can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Well the gene pool hasn’t been shaken up much since Katherine. The odds of an exact look-a-like didn’t really fly with me. I was hoping more of a splice of Katharine and a little witch voodoo to create Elena a hundred & some years later.

Damon is a dog and for a TV show like this, it’s good. He surprises me every time.

What cracked me up was when this Amazon of a woman face sucked Damon, he looked so small in her presence, just very funny.

I give it an 8 due to the irresponsible leeway with the drinking but it was informative.

Comment

I loved it I can't believe Eleana is adopted

Comment

It seems that Damon thinks he's the Wilt Chamberlain of the vamp world. He goes through people's wives faster then normal people go through a pair of shoes.

I get kind of disgusted how every time someone seems to be in trouble with Damon, that they try to plead with him and tell him that they know how to open the tomb. Logan did when Damon was about to kill him, and the same with that witch. He fell for it with Logan, and almost fell for it with that witch.

I still cannot quite figure out exactly who Alaric is, is he a werewolf, a vamp, or a vamp hunter? All I got from the episode was that he has a score to settle with Damon for killing his bride.

Some nice special effects, all in all I give it a 7.

Comment

This show has had an amazing first season. My only fear is that if they throw out all the twists now, what will we have in seasons to come?

I want to know who Elena hit!

Comment

Not a very good episode to me, had a number of issues with it (below). But I did like the reveal that Stefan saved Elena from the accident that killed her parents. Could Damon have been responsible for that accident?

Issues:

1. Airhead Elena talking Lexi's boyfriend out of killing Damon was extremely lame (and stupid). Elena's reasoning and words were so childishly cliche, and could not possibly have been compelling enough to sway this guy, who is now a BLOOD-THIRSTY VAMPIRE of all things, from avenging Lexi's murder. And him just running off afterward was insane--I guess he didn't care about what might happen to the witch bartender he left behind? And shouldn't Damon have been worried that killing Bree might CHANGE THIS GUY'S MIND and make him come back to finish the job?? Such senseless writing.

2. Speaking of the witch bartender--Bree--why would she WARN Damon that she'd been consuming vervain? I mean it made Damon just kill her the old fashioned away, you know, by yanking the old beating heart outta the old beating chest. Damon might have chosen to bite her and thus have been stopped had she not warned him. Pretty stupid of her. And she wasn't a normal human, she was a witch--shouldn't she have been able to put up more of an interesting fight? Nothing "supernatural"? She acted/reacted like anybody would.

3. Grandma Witch not inviting Stefan in, really now, what's the point? So, what, are you never going to leave the house? If Stefan wanted you or your granddaughter dead, he'd get you. It's actually quite a silly mythology element to be following when you think about it. It's pointless.

4. Clueless Jeremy, airhead successor to the throne of airhead Elena, on the path to discovering the truth about the existence of vampires -- really, aren't we beyond this by now?

5. A character like Damon surviving is simply NOT BELIEVABLE. He murders people constantly. A person as destructive as he is, vampire or not, would not last long in the world. That is why I was hoping they'd make him more of a "grey" character, but he's not, his soul is black to the core. Making him a long-running character is flawed for this reason, for its severe lack of believability.

6. And the new guy in town, Alaric, his motive is revenge against Damon? Seems like a poor choice, given how we'd just seen a revenge story play out in the episode with Lexi's boyfriend (ie. it's repetitive). And seeing how we know Damon is a main character, is this guy any real threat? How long before Damon kills him too? Damon has been killing everybody--it's getting to be a repetitive and predictable "ending" by this point.

5/10

Originally posted by Saber
                What cracked me up was when this Amazon of a woman face sucked Damon, he looked so small in her presence, just very funny.
                Lol.
                Last edited by Xanderman; 01-23-2010, 10:43 PM.

Comment

It's was a pretty good episode and it will be interesting as to where they go with Elena's character since she is adopted. I wanted to see more of Bonnie though. Bonnie is my favorite character and I can't wait to see more of her storyline. And hopefully some Bamon scenes and moments in this weeks episode!

Comment

Interesting episode, but it had it's ups and downs. Didn't care to much for the main plot. Just a continuation of the Lexi drama from a few epis back. Very fillery. I could care less about the new guest characters, Lexi's boyfriend and Bree. Very poorly written. I did like finding out more about Stefan's relationship to Elena. I'm having a harder time getting behind their relationship because I felt like it's moved really fast. Kinda like Clois in season 8 of Smallville. Like the new girl Anna. I guess Jeremy is going to find out about everything soon. At least that will make him more interesting. No Matt, Caroline or Tyler in this one. And who was that guy in the beginning? Did they ever say?

Almost forgot, Bonnie's scenes were actually pretty good. I liked the Sheila/Stefan interactions.

Despite even the good moments, this probably might be one of my least favorite episodes of the first season. The good B-plots didn't really seem to make up for the bad A-plot. 7 out of 10

"It's not like we all hang out together at the vamp bar and grill."
                    Last edited by super_j_man; 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

It was a good episode.
                      I loved how Elena saved Damon in this episode, I was so angry when Damon killed Lexi its like he deserve it but again he got saved. He always gets free pass from being killed but he goes around and kills people like it means nothing to him...

And I wonder whats the rick story? I intially thought he is a vampire but he was without his ring in the day light (talking to jermey and looking for his ring). And Damon killed love of his life and thats why he is in mystic falls to avenge the death of his girl? then who turned Logan into vampire? I thought it was rick but if he is not rick..who is that? and who is the another mysterious guy who was there when Elena ran through him.. too many mysterious , can't wait to see how they gets connected.

Its good to see Boonie is back and Stefan is becoming closer friend to her

8 points from me!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎