No announcement yet.

Heroes Forum Dying out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes Forum Dying out?

i noticed the last few months there has been very few posts per episode, what gives?

I think it's because everyone either feels the show is in its last throws, or people just aren't passionate anymore.

Comment

Given the ratings of the show now, I'm not surprised. My guess is that fewer people are watching and fewer people really care about the storyline anymore. If I had been on here in season one, I would have been posting more, but by now I don't really watch and when I do, I don't have a lot of thoughts on the show.

Comment

I don't know, people fizzle out. I just started watching this show last year. I think it's brilliant.

Great avatar, by the way, Fashion.

Comment

I'm still loving the show. Chuck is getting way more attention though. Heck Dollhouse is getting more attention and that show is cancelled, which may be a bad sign for the future of Heroes.

Comment

This is discussing the boards or fans from the boards which is against the K-Site rules, but I have to say, I'm disappointed about it too. There was a time when Heroes was the second largest forum posts-wise here, now Supernatural is definitely #2 and I think Chuck even is doing better.

I know in my case, even, Heroes is no longer appointment, must-watch-that-night viewing. Which I would have never said back in Season 1 especially, when the show was so amazing. Maybe a lot of people still DVR it and watch later. But it's pretty sad. I loved it when a lot of people were discussing the show here.

----- Added 34 Seconds later -----

Only 37 posts for the Countdown thread is REALLY sad
            Last edited by KSiteTV; 01-19-2010, 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Who
              I'm still loving the show. Chuck is getting way more attention though. Heck Dollhouse is getting more attention and that show is cancelled, which may be a bad sign for the future of Heroes.
              Dollhouse was pretty average at the start with some good moments, but by now I enjoy it much more than I enjoy Heroes. I don't miss an episode anymore.

Last night, I watched Chuck and then flipped over to CNN while I waited for The Big Bang Theory to come on. I'm just not all that interested in it even though I had the day off and nothing to do last night. Maybe I'll catch it on Hulu, but the last time I started watching an episode I got bored with that whole Carnival thing and just ended up surfing the web and paying no attention.

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by BrittanyBean
              Great avatar, by the way, Fashion.
              Thanks.
              Last edited by A Flawed Fashion; 01-19-2010, 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I started watching it in season 3. I actually had to order season 1 and 2 on netflix to watch it. It's a good show. Sometime it's like a soap opeara only the people have powers.

Comment

I used to love posting on the Heroes forum here but every time I come on now after an episode, there seems to only be a few threads so it just discourages me and I feel as if there is not point for me to post here anymore because hardly anyone responds or cares enough anymore to talk about an episode or speculation. It is pretty sad.

Comment

This forum isn't as active as it used to be for a very good reason. Heroes isn't even worth watching anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                      This is discussing the boards or fans from the boards which is against the K-Site rules, but I have to say, I'm disappointed about it too. There was a time when Heroes was the second largest forum posts-wise here, now Supernatural is definitely #2 and I think Chuck even is doing better.

I know in my case, even, Heroes is no longer appointment, must-watch-that-night viewing. Which I would have never said back in Season 1 especially, when the show was so amazing. Maybe a lot of people still DVR it and watch later. But it's pretty sad. I loved it when a lot of people were discussing the show here.

----- Added 34 Seconds later -----

Only 37 posts for the Countdown thread is REALLY sad
                      Also I think it's relevant to note that apparently Heroes is the #1 most pirated TV show, though I don't know how much they would affect any ratings but I'm sure a lot.

Comment

Heroes being the #1 pirated show, I think, is totally irrelevant in the scheme of things, because NBC is not making money off of it at all.

If everyone pirated the show, and avoided watching the broadcasts or buying the DVDs, the show would make no money, and if the show makes no money, it's not worth keeping on the air. I don't think we want that

Comment

Honestly, man, if it weren't for Hulu and an extremely boring job I probably wouldn't watch it at all. I mean these days I feel pretty meh about Smallville, Heroes doesn't even come close anymore.

Just hard to measure up next to shows like Supernatural and Lost, IMO.

Comment

One of the things that made this show great was the mystery about a couple of things.

First it was the company, that is why episodes like Company Man got so much rating. (Even Company Man, here on the forums is not posting much either). They revealed just a little bit. You had the development of Peter and Sylar... Now, Peter is a wuss and so is Sylar. We had the mystery of the original 12's powers. I really liked that Linderman was behind a lot of the things. I really hated when Linderman was just Pa'Patrelli's Pawn. Although I can certainly understand that Pa'Patrelli's power was far greater than Linderman, Linderman appear to be more of a mastermind and only that should have been his advantage, A NATURAL advantage over a power's advantage.

Primatech is down, there is no more company, Pinehurst was a way to make a competition between two factions and even that felt short against Primatech and it's mystery.

There is no more great tension as it was in the earlier seasons... One of the things that really destroyed the whole first season was Sylar taking Claire's powers. I mean.. The whole SAVE THE CHEERLEADER SAVE THE WORLD doesn't mean SQUAT anymore... So in a way. the writers have spat in our faces and destroyed the show. Sylar should have been kept trying to "take out the heroes" and FAILED, and FAILED, and thus trying to acquire more powers to defeat them. And so does Peter. That would have made Sylar's quest more believable. Revenge and Fury would have been his motivation.

Super Sylar is no longer a great threat. Peter's story is pretty much meaningless. And we don't appear to be reaching the future of season one after exactly 4 years.

Since the show has lost a lot of the ratings, we rarely see good special effects. There are many things that have brought this show to what it is and hence the forums.

As a matter of fact, Smallville is much more interesting than Heroes to me and, although I was a Smallville fan before I became a Heroes fan, Season 1 really made like Heroes > Smallville.

Anyways. My rant is long and I think these are the few key things that they have taken from us.
                            Last edited by the highlander; 01-20-2010, 01:46 AM.

Comment

spot on highlander they spat in our faces!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎