No announcement yet.

Peter's Hair

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter's Hair

I noticed that Peter's hair started to mimic (no pun intended) his Season 1 style, and I thought it was because of Nathan's true death, that the writers wanted to make him seem more like he empathic season 1 Peter, but in tonight's episode, I noticed it has truly started to look like Season 1 Peter.

Hoping this is a precursor to Peter regaining his orignial ability, as this is on of the main reasons I watch this show now (as I'm sure it's many others' reason)

I think he is just growing his hair long because he wanted his long hair back. Season One Sylar had long hair then after homecomming had his head shaved and started to grow it back.
    I think they are just returning to their original hair styles because they wanted to.

Just my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Rub-in
      I think he is just growing his hair long because he wanted his long hair back. Season One Sylar had long hair then after homecomming had his head shaved and started to grow it back.
      I think they are just returning to their original hair styles because they wanted to.

Just my guess
      Well, in my opinion, Peter's hair has some deeper meaning, as Milo V even stated in an interview, that part of the reason his hair was cut was so to give the impression that Peter wasn't that same lost kid in Season 1, and that he came back in Season 2 as a different character.

This season has been about (or is supposed to be) Peter reconnecting with people, or regaining his empathic side, the trait that defined his character and his ability. He has even been called an empath for the first time this season since Season 1 I believe, and Lydia has even said he is a compassionate man.

I just hope the writers realize that people do want a supercharged Peter.

Comment

i don't want peter supercharged. i like peter with just one power. i don't want him to be all god-like. the villian is supposed to be like that and will still end up getting it in the end. the good guy has to overcome everything even if he's not as powerful as the villian.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
          i don't want peter supercharged. i like peter with just one power. i don't want him to be all god-like. the villian is supposed to be like that and will still end up getting it in the end. the good guy has to overcome everything even if he's not as powerful as the villian.
          I disagree with you about peter's ability. If peter gets his original abiltiies back, most fan wil be happy and heroes rating will increase.

Comment

yeh would have to agree most the people i know who watch show are desperate waiting for peter to regain his abilities.

Comment

Even though it’ll be a nice turn of events if Peter gets his endowments back, it would severely debilitate the writers’ competency. After a few episodes, they wouldn’t have a story, I mean how long does it take for a God to take care of all the evil? 1 episode, 2, maybe 3? In season 3, the writer’s probably were at a standstill on who to cast that’ll actually be able to put up a fight against Peter, then they seen “Arthur the power thief”, as their Trojan horse to be able to write legit stories.

If Peter gets his powers back, who is gonna stop him? Certainly not any of the carnies, as Peter will absorb all their abilities and probably bury them all beneath the earth, and then what? What are the writer’s gonna write?

Comment

That's an interesting idea with the hair. As far as Peter goes, I don't want him to get his original powers back, I just want him to be able to hold on to multiple powers at the same time. He can get the powers the same way he does now, but he would be able to hold on to each power at the same time. The ability to absorb abilities is an understandable hurdle that the writers needed to get through. I just hope his ability evolves to the point that he can hold on to as many powers as he wants, then he can touch Sylar and be an equal match.

Comment

I'm basically sure the whole reason the writers removed Peter's powers was specifically because it was too hard to write a believable plot with powers like that. I'm content with Peter's current ability, though maybe it'd be cool if he went the Rogue path and kept flying due to his closeness with Nathan, with the ability to carry one more power.

That said, the haircut thing could still be symbolic of his empathy; it's just that said empathy wouldn't lead to god powers.

Comment

back to the emo style? can't be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Skaterpen357
                      I'm basically sure the whole reason the writers removed Peter's powers was specifically because it was too hard to write a believable plot with powers like that. I'm content with Peter's current ability, though maybe it'd be cool if he went the Rogue path and kept flying due to his closeness with Nathan, with the ability to carry one more power.
                      Yeah, this is why Heroes has fallen so far, in my opinion. To say they took Peter's power away because "it was just too hard to write", indicates just how sad the writers are on this show, if not totally lazy.

Originally posted by shanemak
                      If Peter gets his powers back, who is gonna stop him? Certainly not any of the carnies, as Peter will absorb all their abilities and probably bury them all beneath the earth, and then what? What are the writer’s gonna write?
                      Remember in season one how absorbing a lot of powers actually weakened him? I think in one episode they actually knocked him out. And the other limits his power had. That's what made season one so good, though. The writers actually had a clue then. There's no story anymore, just a bunch of people talking.

Anyways, Peter and his powers were a major reason I enjoyed this show. Giving Peter his powers back won't save the show. But if they do it right, they might keep me as a viewer. Nothing can save this show from bad writing, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎