No announcement yet.

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j03superbat
    Look, I know Spider-Man 3 made millions of dollars, but so did Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. What do they have in common? They're bad. Oh, they are bad. From the odd, disjointed parallel editing in the beginning of the movie to the cheesy Emo Parker dance number to the rushed climax that showed Venom for all of fifteen minutes to the canon-breaking revelation that Sandman shot Uncle Ben - Spider-Man 3 was bad. Not Batman & Robin bad, however - I'll give it that.

And I don't think it was so bad that it warrants a reboot. I don't want a reboot. Yes, Raimi and Maguire are gone, but when Burton and Keaton left the Batman franchise, they didn't reboot the whole thing. They kept going.
    I agree with Transformers, maybe I'm biased because I don't that much about Spider-man comics because I'm not really a marvel comics fan i'm more dc. To me Spider-man 3 wasn't a bad movie the worst part about Spider-man 3 was Mary Jane singing and Sandman killing Uncle Ben which took away the element of which is spider-man.

Comment

I won't watch this move if Robert Pattinson get's to be Spiderman, nuff said.

Comment

You know who they should get to be th Spidey? Shia LaBeouf. I know he was the star of Transformers, but he has actually done decient work. Plus at this point anything is better then Pattinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
          NOOOO!!!!!!!
          Not only do I hate 'Twilight' but Pattinson seems to 'cool' for the role. Tobey may not have looked 100% like Spider-Man but he was good at playing geeky.
          Let me echo the sentiment in red!
          Robert Pattinson doesn't even look like Peter Parker!

You know in some ways a reboot might be just what the doctor ordered. Don't get me wrong, I love Raimi's trilogy (I have them on DVD) but some elements of the films I didn't particularly care for (like the soap opera stuff, Parker being emo and whiney sometimes). The Spidey of the comics is a wisecracking smart @ss! That is how he should be portrayed in a reboot film.

To the poster who said Brian Michael Bendis needs to be involved, let me just say that I could not agree more! Bendis writes terrific "Ultimate Spider-Man" storylines and if he writes the script for a reboot, we'd all be in for an AWESOME time at the theater.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Degobunny
          Plus at this point anything is better then Pattinson.
          Meryl Streep would be a better choice for Spider-Man than Pattinson!
          Last edited by SuperheroFan87; 01-15-2010, 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How about
            .....Yea. He looks up for it.Definitely.Yes

Comment

Originally posted by rajman
              How about
              .....Yea. He looks up for it.Definitely.Yes
              since when does Spidey have a beard

Comment

Hollywood is really getting carried away with this reboot crap and its Really hurting my movie going fun Im at the point where I dont want to get invested in a movie franchise because in two or three years thier just going to throw it all out and start from scratch

This makes me kinda not even bothering with Iron Man 2 for fear some suits gonna come along and say "yeah those movies are great but we got this hip new script thats gonna make IM popular for the Twiglight fans so were gonna reboot and cast some hot teen guy as Tony Stark"

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                  Me either

I think that's just a rumor though.

Comment

Yeah, it's probably only a rumor. But, man it would be so hard picturing Robert as Spiderman. I had really problems with watching him in Twilight, not only him but the entire movie was really awful. So awful writing. Gosh, I can't understand how so many can like that movie. But back to Robert, I feel like he just "poses" a lot on screen, not much acting and not many good expressions either. Very awful.

Comment

From the rumors I heard, it didn't sound like Raimi was going to recapture the lightning in the bottle from the first 2. It sounds like this is a blessing more than anything. That doesn't mean whoever helms the new franchise is going to do any better but, I won't cry any tears over this.

I just hope they don't go darker for the sake of being dark. One of the things I liked about the first two Spiderman movies was that they were bright and fun. I don't care for angst or characters haunted by other types of psychological demons.

Comment

I really doubt Robert is going to be playing Spider-Man, especially if they want a 15-16 year old. By the time he's done Breaking Dawn, he'll be too old. And as far as what's been released about the plot of Spider-Man 4...wow. Compared to it, Spider-Man 3 would've looked like a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
                          And as far as what's been released about the plot of Spider-Man 4...wow. Compared to it, Spider-Man 3 would've looked like a masterpiece.
                          Uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                            My thoughts exactly. My first and only thought about that was "ew." Luckily, like most other people here, I don't think he will get it.

Comment

Tobey Maguire not being Spider-man anymore is what bothers me the most about the news. Of course I don't like the thought of them rebooting the whole series so soon but if it's done right with the right actors then I'm happy.

Why does it have to be in high school though?

Comment

they most likely going with the ultimate spider-man version with him still in highschool.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎