No announcement yet.

#3-3 "Chuck vs. the Angel of Death"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
    While playing catch up to the new season, I always thought that Devon would make a great spy. It was a nice change of pace to have the focus be on him and Ellie. Whether he likes it or not Devon is going to be intangled in various other missions.

I'm just wondering if Ellie will find out Chuck's secret sooner or later now that Devon knows? Will he be able to keep Chuck's secret from her much longer? Given the opportunity I think that Ellie and Devon would make a great "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" spy team.
    I kind of hope Ellie doesn't find out any time soon. She worries so much about Chuck already and as far as she knows, he just works at a Buy More. I think if she found out about all the dangerous stuff he did on a daily basis, she'd never sleep at night.

Comment

But she's the one that has thought that Chuck could do better than the Buy More. She may seem naive, but there is more to Ellie. Besides her father and brother are spies; it runs in the family.

Comment

Casey sucking on that cigar was Bill Clinton nasty.

I dunno. The ending for the show was horrible. [SPOILER]To make it look like Awesome was dead. Yeah tease it, but then show him bound and gagged and boom, decent ending.[/SPOILER] Just really inefficient storytelling for an episodic TV series.

Comment

This one was really cute and fun.

I loved how we started out in flashback to Ellie and Awesome's first day of med. school and how they "met".

The segue to Devon being somewhat jealous of Chuck's spy life (and already feeling 'settled' into married life) was a nice one.

Awesome treating the Dictator and then being the key to him was a wee bit predictable but ok.

"You watch too many movies". That's the second time Chuck's said that. This season, I think. (I think he said it once last year too.)

Casey having to recuse himself from the assignment and finding out he's the "Angel of Death" (I wondered about the title).

Then Generalissimo coming to their house to thank Devon for saving him and blam! Invite to the party. I loved when he was talking about the resemblance and mentioned Chuck had "delicate features" that were "more suited to a woman". Ha.

Chuck's dance flash (would have come in handy back when he needed to Tango!) and accidentally clocking the wrong guy, which gets them thrown out. Casey having to go in (who didn't see that coming?) and being caught--by Awesome! (how dense was Devon? Any idiot could tell that was Casey in disguise!)

The commerical (them singing and Devon and Morgan getting all worked up! ) was cute.

Awesome finally getting to see Castle and then Devon sneaking them in (but did Sarah really have to be dressed like a slutty nurse?).

The assassin being part of the Ring and taunting Casey.
          "Lucky for you, I'm a Marine."

Chuck's flashing on medical skills and Casey giving up his blood--by force, sort of. (loved Casey's little laugh at the gas.)

Awesome telling Chuck the spy life isn't worth it was a nice touch, since Chuck just made his decision.

Loved the "runs in the family" line, which I realized has a double meaning seeing as how bruce Boxlietner lays Awesome's Dad and, of course, he was a spy on Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Chuck and Sarah's decision to be friends (right choice, I think) and then the cliffhanger ending! I honestly thought Devon was dead until the previews showed us otherwise.

So yeah, cute episode, but I have to admit to one thing: I missed the Buy More gang.

Comment

I know I'm very late in posting on this eppy that aired weeks ago but I loved it. Like I said, it aired weeks ago but wasn't this the eppy where at the beginning General Beckman is explaining to Casey, Chuck, and Sarah the mission and says something about killing the Premiere. That excites Casey who hates the Premiere and while he's masterly working at cleaning his gun, he says something like, "Great, should I crack the bubbly"? It's easy to miss, but I totally cracked up at that comment. In the end, they end up having to protect the Premiere of Costa Gravos, and the fact that Casey saved his life by giving him blood, good stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎