#3-1/#3-2 "Chuck vs. The Pink Slip" & "Chuck vs. The Three Words"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Who
    Too much Chuck/Sarah angst.
    i don't know if someone mentioned this already, but i think the Chuck/Sarah angst was done on purpose, because that is the key to Chuck's intermittent abilities. He needs to be on good terms with Sarah for his mind to be peaceful enough to access the intersect at will.
    Last edited by hansioux; 01-13-2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hansioux
      i don't know if someone mentioned this already, but i think the Chuck/Sarah angst was done on purpose, because they is the key to Chuck's intermittent abilities. He needs to be on good terms with Sarah for his mind to be peaceful enough to access the intersect at will.
      That seems to be what they are driving at.

Comment

• So these episodes were pretty good but I found myself a little disappointed. When i thought about it later, wondering why, I realized that I am not a big fan of the Sarah/Chuck "are they or aren't they" stuff and so having so much of the focus (I know that they had to resolve the issue and set up the whole 'intereference with the intersect' thing) was a bit of a let down.

As we started out I immediately wondered if it was some sort of training exercise (which it was). Watching Chuck flash and kick butt was pretty cool and when his pants fell down that was a very Chuck moment. I enjoyed Bryce and Orion both getting a mention as well.

Then Chuck getting kicked out of spy school by the General and returning home. How cute was bearded Chuck (a la Morgan and the Comic Con appearance) and his obsession with those Cheese puffs.

His return to the Buy More in "disguise" and seeing everyone again. I loved how Lester's ears perked up at Chuck's name and how they all wanted him to save them. (anyone else notice that Jeff's hair is shorter now?)

Casey showing up and shaving and becoming the Chuck we knew was a great moment. Sarah smacking him so hard he falls down (and Casey's reaction--classic!).

"The Ring? They killed Bryce!" and being told to go home.

The scenes with Chuck on stage (which I'd seen in the preview clips a while back) were as funny as I remembered them. Chuck mentioning spastic colon (hee) and then playing (loved Casey's flabbergasted look). Then things fall apart and Chuck returns to his life on the couch.

Awesome trying to rouse him and his reply "Hi, I'm Chuck Bartowski--total loser, cheeseball addict."

And Morgan not even able to get to him and then finding out Morgan's living in the home theater room? (How did Emmett not know that before?)

Speaking of Emmett how perfect was it for him to be listening to Wilson Phillips in the car and then get shot in back of the Buy More? I actually felt bad for him.

And oops! Bad guys in the Buy More again.

The stuff in the jail was necessary, I suppose, but a bit boring. Then they escape and Casey saves them with his giant machine gun! (you knew when he mentioned it and said he hadn't had a chance to use it, he would later in the show.)

Team Bartowski---back in business! And everyone back at the Buy More, Ellie and Awesome moving next door and Morgan moving in.

Loved how we ended with Casey and Chuck training (and Chuck flashing on Boxing skills--makes me wonder just what all they put in the Intersect?).

So I was watching this on Tivo and when the theme song was over I started fast forwarding through a car commercial then had to back it up with a "that's Awesome!". Clever how they worked a car commercial in with the characters.

Then in "Three Words" the return of Big Mike, running into Carina at the Club (you knew that was coming) and then Carina telling Chuck that Sarah loves him. And did anyone else watch Chuck do his wonderful acrobatics over the beams and think "very Bryce Larkin". It reminded me of Bryce's moves from the Pilot.

Then Chuck accidentally setting off the alarm (so Chuck!) and telling Sarah he loves her and blowing Carina's cover.

The party at the courtyard. The return of Skip! (the dude who looks like Napoleon Dynamite, IMO.) I love that they keep using him. It's cute.

The idiots drinking the drugged drinks (seriously, I love Vik and Scott as Jeff and Lester. They are hilarious!), Morgan telling off Carina and then drinking it too.

Casey the grump hosing everyone down was also very funny. And Chuck's use of the torch was very clever. I'm glad they're not having him suddenly be all 'shoot 'em up'.

And if Carina's right and spies don't fall in love how does she explain Sarah and Bryce? They were together at the beginning of Season 1.

Morgan getting Carina was a nice touch as well. And the twist of who exactly General Beckman was talking to in the end there (sis she call him "Shaw"?) and about what exactly was, I think, what this season is going to be all about.

OK, now throughout both these episodes I kept thinking it was strange for Chuck to have chosen the spy life over Sarah. All he's ever wanted was the Intersect out of his head and his life back. He's said it numerous times. And yet here he was giving that up (well, sort of) to go work for the government. Didn't make sense to me until Chuck's last bit there about how she taught him better and how he was doing it to keep everyone safe. I'm still not sure I buy that switch-around but at least it's sort of an explanation.

And with that I apologize for the length of this but there was a lot to talk about!

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎