Collapse
No announcement yet.

#2.5 & #2.6 "The Left Hand"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

After being off for a month its hard to expect a ratings bump. Its also christmas so a lot of people went shopping Friday night. I wonder what the dvr number will be. It will be interesting to see if word of mouth on how good it was this week brings more viewers next week. It also will be interesting to note if more people heard it was good at work Monday and viewed it this week on line.

Comment

2.5 "The Public Eye" - Lame episode with really bad writing. And guess it's just me but I thought Summer Glau was awful in this. I never realized how bad an actress she was until seeing her outside a robot role, where for some reason, she still acts like one (ie. no range). Whenever she tried to "emote" she looked like Cameron on TSCC when she was "imitating/faking" emotion or supposedly malfunctioning. Besides the Glau misfire, I'm also irritated by how they've ruined Boyd's character and potential, giving Ballard the bigger spotlight and relegating Boyd to the shadows as boring head of security. And of course, the sickening nepotism continues with the casting of Denisof from Buffy/Angel and Glau from Firefly. Speaking of Denisof, I think he should stick to fake accents only, because his real one, combined with his geeky voice, sucks. Oh, and Denisof becoming a mindless assassin programmed to kill was completely Terminator.

2.6 "The Left Hand" - Much better episode. Speaking of Terminator, that scene with Glau trapped and pleading for help was straight out of TSCC--talk about a ripoff--well maybe it was an homage/nod, seeing as Glau just came off of the Cameron role and the two shows were paired together. Either way clearly these people are Terminator fans (and Matrix fans), seeing the number of similarities that crop up. Funny seeing the Devil from Reaper typecast into another evil role. The highlight of the ep without a doubt was Victor's impersonation of Topher, which was spot-on hilarious. But the episode was not without it's dumbness/lameness, with things like Dewitt threatening Papa Reaper, who could just as easily send someone to torture and murder her. When two people are equals, and especially operating outside the law, threats like these are moronic (great thinking, writers!). Oh well, not exactly the dumbest thing this inconsistent series has done, but still dumb enough to get a mention nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
        2.5 "The Public Eye" - And guess it's just me but I thought Summer Glau was awful in this. I never realized how bad an actress she was until seeing her outside a robot role, where for some reason, she still acts like one (ie. no range). Whenever she tried to "emote" she looked like Cameron on TSCC when she was "imitating/faking" emotion or supposedly malfunctioning.
        yes, it's just you. and you should watch Firefly and 4400 for the range that Summer can do. Bennett wasn't supposed to be normal, she seems to have Asperger's syndrome.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎