No announcement yet.

Plot Hole with bringing back Nathan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot Hole with bringing back Nathan?

Ok, so I was thinking about the scene where Peter brings back Nathan, and I think there's a small plot hole there.

In order to bring back Nathan, the shapeshifting ability is required for Sylar's body to transform into Nathan's image. Maybe Nathan's consciousness can return with Sylar still in his original image, but for simplicity for the viewer and for Peter to be able to trust that it actually is Nathan, we'd need the shapeshifting ability to work. However, that ability can't work while Peter is actively using the Haitian's power.

But if Peter turns off his power negation so Nathan can return, then what's stopping Sylar from taking advantage of the situation and suddenly killing Peter? Sylar could even shapeshift into Nathan's image to deceive Peter.

It seems like a classic case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't", so maybe the writers decided to gloss over it. Thoughts?

I have to wonder if there isn't some part of Sylar that wants to be good. Sylar actually seems to like Peter or maybe being around Peter brings out a little bit of the goodness in him. It's weird but Sylar's Nathan is actually a nicer guy or a more moralistic guy than the real Nathan. I really see this more of a struggle between Sylar's bad self verses his good. I think Peter put Sylar in a position to choose who he wanted to be and eventually his bad self won, but maybe Sylar didn't kill Peter because Peter he gave him the opportunity.
    Last edited by Who; 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vandal Savage
      Ok, so I was thinking about the scene where Peter brings back Nathan, and I think there's a small plot hole there.

In order to bring back Nathan, the shapeshifting ability is required for Sylar's body to transform into Nathan's image. Maybe Nathan's consciousness can return with Sylar still in his original image, but for simplicity for the viewer and for Peter to be able to trust that it actually is Nathan, we'd need the shapeshifting ability to work. However, that ability can't work while Peter is actively using the Haitian's power.

But if Peter turns off his power negation so Nathan can return, then what's stopping Sylar from taking advantage of the situation and suddenly killing Peter? Sylar could even shapeshift into Nathan's image to deceive Peter.

It seems like a classic case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't", so maybe the writers decided to gloss over it. Thoughts?

Rene's power of negation can be selective, as seen in the volume 2 flashback when he and elle was chasing peter and adam.. He was able to shutdown peter's mimicry while allowing elle to use her electricity.

Comment

I never understand one thing though. Why Peter don't just ask for Claire's help to revive him by using her blood? That's the best way like how Bennet was once revived.

Comment

Well there must be a period of time that limits that method of healing someone. I can only assume in the 6 months it took Peter to realize Nathan was dead, his spirit had moved on.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎