Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nathan was alive: Sylar's Dna shapeshift ability!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan was alive: Sylar's Dna shapeshift ability!

When Sylar shapeshifts into someone, he literally becomes that person, down to the DNA. Hence, the notion that he was really Nathan. It was a brilliant idea, but doomed to fail, due to sylar's abilities popping up. The performance by Milo and Adrian tonight were incredible. I really felt that, this was it, and Nathan is really gone. Great episode.

He could have been a carbon copy of Nathan, but thats all he could be. A copy, not the original. That might have been good enough for Peter or Angela, but not for Nathan.

Anyone else see the irony of a man who could fly killing himself by jumping off a building?

Comment

He might not have had the same physical body, but from his point of view, he is the same person before and after. After all, every moment that passes our brains are in a completely different state, so the only thing that actually maintains "self" would be memory. Nathan#2 had those, therefor he was still 100% Nathan in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
        When Sylar shapeshifts into someone, he literally becomes that person, down to the DNA. Hence, the notion that he was really Nathan. It was a brilliant idea, but doomed to fail, due to sylar's abilities popping up. The performance by Milo and Adrian tonight were incredible. I really felt that, this was it, and Nathan is really gone. Great episode.
        It was "really Nathan" in the sense of "mind and soul", not body. Nathan was able to survive the death of his body thanks to the "transferring" Matt did, which he didn't realize at the time transferred more than just memories. Transferring in Nathan "bumped out" Sylar's essence/mind/spirit/soul/consciousness in the process (ending up in Matt). In the same way this was "really Sylar" sharing Matt's body, it was "really Nathan" inside Sylar's body.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 12-01-2009, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I hope Nathan is really dead this time round or else I'm going to tear my hair out. I like Adrian Pasdar and all but please.....let him die already

Comment

He is, the actor was signed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
              It was "really Nathan" in the sense of "mind and soul", not body. Nathan was able to survive the death of his body thanks to the "transferring" Matt did, which he didn't realize at the time transferred more than just memories. Transferring in Nathan "bumped out" Sylar's essence/mind/spirit/soul/consciousness in the process (ending up in Matt). In the same way this was "really Sylar" sharing Matt's body, it was "really Nathan" inside Sylar's body.

There was never a 'Transfer' of energy or spirit or what have you. Nathan died, and that is that. All Parkman did was convince Sylar that he was Nathan. He made him imitate and believe himself to to be Nathan by forcing him to use a combination of his shapeshifting, memory, and intution powers. At best, he is a very, very good COPY, but that doesn't change the fact that the man died 6 months ago. The REAL Nathan is and has been dead; mind, body, and soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Braxis
                There was never a 'Transfer' of energy or spirit or what have you. Nathan died, and that is that. All Parkman did was convince Sylar that he was Nathan. He made him imitate and believe himself to to be Nathan by forcing him to use a combination of his shapeshifting, memory, and intution powers. At best, he is a very, very good COPY, but that doesn't change the fact that the man died 6 months ago. The REAL Nathan is and has been dead; mind, body, and soul.
                Completely disagree. Did Matt also only convince himself that he had Sylar inside of him? Was it only a self-deluded copy of Sylar inside of Matt who was fighting to return to his body? Definitely not. It was clearly supposed to be Sylar's actual mind/soul inside of Matt. In the same way it was Nathan's actual mind inside of Sylar. The REAL Nathan's existence continued on in Sylar, just as the REAL Sylar's existence continued on in Matt, through a transferring (not a copying). What you describe is how it appeared initially, but they ended up taking it further. Nathan's body died, but his mind/soul survived.

I would agree with you if they had Sylar's mind come back on its own, because it was "still Sylar deep down inside"--but that's not what they did. "Sylar" wasn't anywhere in that body anymore in any shape or form--he existed only in Matt. Once the show did this, it became clear to me that Nathan left his own body in the same way and didn't die with it. Thanks to Matt (and Angela) playing God.
                Last edited by Xanderman; 12-01-2009, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                  Completely disagree. Did Matt also only convince himself that he had Sylar inside of him? Was it only a self-deluded copy of Sylar inside of Matt who was fighting to return to his body? Definitely not. It was clearly supposed to be Sylar's actual mind/soul inside of Matt. In the same way it was Nathan's actual mind inside of Sylar. The REAL Nathan's existence continued on in Sylar, just as the REAL Sylar's existence continued on in Matt, through a transferring (not a copying). What you describe is how it appeared initially, but they ended up taking it further. Nathan's body died, but his mind/soul survived.

I would agree with you if they had Sylar's mind come back on its own, because it was "still Sylar deep down inside"--but that's not what they did. "Sylar" wasn't anywhere in that body anymore in any shape or form--he existed only in Matt. Once the show did this, it became clear to me that Nathan left his own body in the same way and didn't die with it. Thanks to Matt (and Angela) playing God.
                  I'm not talking about Sylar, I'm talking about Nathan.

Yes, SYLAR did transfer over to Matt accidentally, but there was not transfer of NATHAN's spirit whatsoever.

Parkman used his ability to convince Sylar he was actually Nathan, and attempted to wipe Sylar's consciousness from the body. Unfortunely, having never done such a thing before, he let Sylar's 'spirit' into himself. That spirit has been trying to get back into his own body all season.

However, Parkman did not do ANYTHING to Nathan. All that happened with Nathan was that he died. His spirit/consciousness was never transferred over to Sylar's body. All that was inside Sylar's body is a NEW personality born from the combination of Sylar's memory, intuition, and shape shifting abilities that THOUGHT was actually Nathan.

In order for it actually BE Nathan, there would have had to be a scene that showed Parkman transferring Nathan's spirit over to Sylar's body. We didn't see that scene. Instead, we saw Parkman forcing Sylar to THINK he was Nathan.

Just so we are clear, and to answer the question this thread was created for, He wasn't the real Nathan; He is a COPY.
                  Last edited by Braxis; 12-03-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Hence the keyword Notion ! Of course he wasn't Nathan spiritially. He was convinced to think like him, and by virtue of the stolen shapeshifting ability. In the identiy crisis episode, where Sylar was losing sight of who he was, and discovering by shifting into another person's life, he was that person down to the dna. Using Matt's ability, Sylar was an easy mark for this switch. He was losing focus when he was posing as one of Danko's men. So yes, it's a no-brainer. The deceit was nearly flawless, but doomed to fail when 'Nathan' discovered all those new abilities.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎