No announcement yet.

Sprint teaser going too far

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint teaser going too far

The product placement is crossing the line now. Possibly important plot info on a web site? What I disliked about this one Sprint teaser was that the Lydia character will probably die now and they say “see what happens next” on our site. I know they have to do whatever it takes to keep it going. I do respect that they just baited it well, they just baited it way too much, implying major plot points.

From when Hiro rented the car to drive to Vegas, to the latest step, there is a big leap. Before, they just annoyed me and reminded me how fake the show is, but the character may not be there next episode. If that’s the case I will be really upset because it will be a large part of a much larger slide for the industry. The DVDs really wouldn’t be complete without a commercial.

I’m opposed to actually going to the Sprint site and encouraging more of this kind of thing in my entertainment. I actually click links of sites like this and check out sponsors because I know how the system works, but I can’t encourage this at all. I buy the DVDs, I don’t need the artistic package comprised even if it allows a good flow of Heroes to continue.

As excited as I am for a good season of Heroes, I would prefer this awesome show die than to let this kind of thing contribute to a degradation of the TV / TV-on-DVD formats forever.

Right before the writer’s strike, I felt like TV was hitting a new golden age with quality shows like Lost, BSG, and Heroes establishing movie-level artistry (that’s just sci-fi). Now I hope it all goes to iTunes/DVD/paid streaming. I will take lower budget effects for more uncompromised storytelling, or at least a clear definition between what is an artistic creation and what is an ad.
    Last edited by Supermat; 11-28-2009, 11:45 PM.

Sky did that here in the UK ages before season 5 even started; I remember on the way to school just looking at a billboard that said in *HUGE* letters: "YOU KNOW LOCKE IS DEAD... RIGHT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
      Sky did that here in the UK ages before season 5 even started; I remember on the way to school just looking at a billboard that said in *HUGE* letters: "YOU KNOW LOCKE IS DEAD... RIGHT?"
      What?

Comment

I think Syn means that the network stepped over the line and spoiled one major plot point for people that watch the show on DVD. Sorry if I'm speaking for you incorrectly Syn.

Networks are desperate now that people are downloading their shows whenever they want. The networks just don't get how to move with the new mentality and they're going to go extinct if they don't evolve without turning away their viewers.

I just can't believe the show producers don't have more control of the next week's promos. Recent Heroes promo gave away that Matt didn't really sacrifice himself successfully. That was expcted, but it shouldn't have been given away yet.

I couldn't believe it when a BSG promo gave away one of the final cylons. That was just horrible. I thought that they couldn't have just done that, it would have to be a dream sequence or something. No they really did. I was soooooo p.o.ed.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎