No announcement yet.

What do the Visitors want?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the Visitors want?

In the original series they wanted all our water and to use humans as food.

Now, I would fantasize about Morena Baccarin eating me... well, you know...

...but I don't think these Vs want to eat us. So, what does Anna really want? It has something to do with The Bliss, almost certainly. And it appears having humans in perfect health plays an important role in her plans.

So, any theories?

I will guess some combination of earth's resources and human slaves. Maybe to just overtake the planet

Comment

Perhaps as soldiers.
      Use them to breed a new type of warriors.
      Food can be a part of it, to some point.
      Maybe they want the planet only.
      Perhaps they have a sickness where they still need the cure and want to use humans to find it.
      It would be the point of needing us healthy, so only that sickness would affect humans.
      They did put something into the flushots and experimented on humans in that tent.

Comment

If I were writing this show, I'd give the Vs a legitimate reason for invading Earth. Not make them good guys, just make their motives plausible and somewhat sympathetic. Like they need Earth to survive, they're out of options, through no fault of their own.

Comment

Maybe some earthling crashed a spaceship into the skyline on their homeworld

Comment

My theory:

The visitors on Earth are not the main population of visitors, as seen from the thousands of ships in the background, which are looking scary, but totally unnecessary to destroy humanity.

I think they might want to recruit manpower.

Comment

I think it has something to do with...husks? Or maybe that's just my Roswellian brain taking over.

Comment

I think it has everything to do with the V being Lizards. Lizards are cold-blooded and therefore cannot function in cold temperatures. Their metabolism will slow until they go into a hibernating state.

By finding Humans to breed with, they can create some type of hybrid creature that can perhaps fare better in cold temperatures.

Also... that sikin. Are they born with some of it, is it partly synthetic, all synthetic? They can't heal it themselves. Maybe the human skin would be a better alternative?

Comment

This was actualy something already attempted in the original V by Diana.
                  Crossbreeding human and Visitor.
                  Of course her purpose was to create another starchild.
                  And it was an utter failure.
                  In the books however they were trying to create supersoldiers, by breeding visitors with humans.

But i have to agree.
                  A new type of soldiers could be one possibility.
                  Even so i think humans wouldn't make the best material.
                  Then again, some humans can have an incredible inner strength and willpower, and can be trained by the military to the extreme.
                  That combined with something not easily hurt....
                  O.o Actualy...that's starting to sound kind of scary.

Comment

I think a benevolent, well-meaning alien race makes for considerably less riveting TV. The Vs are deceiving humanity and Anna is definitely deceiving her own kind, (her “bliss” reminds me of the “soma” in Huxley’s Brave New World, mind control by way of pleasure) for what reason we don’t know but lizard lover’s idea about using humans for soldiers is one that I can get onboard with. Anna’s war might be against her own kind as well; the fleet of ships could be manned by her enemies. Think of Anna as a General Zod of sorts, a megalomaniacal leader seeking to rule Earth on the heels of a failed coup d'etat on the home planet.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

That makes sense, breeding in order to acclimatize themselves to earth’s atmosphere but I thought their “human” skin was more than a synthetic wrapper, think of hair extensions made of real hair. I think the skin is real. Again, we don’t know how long the Vs have been here. If Vs are actually in control of government, the media, religion, politics, the military, the FBI, etc… then they’ve been planning their “arrival” for hundreds, maybe thousands of years. Alternative historians have made similar claims about ET involvement with humanity positing that if ET’s exist then they are already here and have been here for millennia. To quote a line from The Matrix, Vs are currently “guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys”.

----- Added 15 Minutes later -----

If Vs are recruiting us then humanity has become an unwitting accomplice in a war they know nothing about between two feuding alien factions. Not too different from the manner in which the wealthy, aristocratic, ivory tower dwelling elites dupe, propagandize the under class into fighting their battles.
                    Last edited by heromyth; 11-29-2009, 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I really hope they stay true to the original premise in that they are going to use humanity as cannon fodder and a food supply. The very idea of humanity being seen as mere animals for fodder was a concept that seemed so shocking and frightening in the original V.

That said, if the visitors in this new reincarnation can clone and grow human flesh to mask their true appearance, why would they need to harvest humans for food? Couldn't they just create flesh (human or other) just as easily for food?

Comment

Invade earth only for breeding does seem a bit strange.
                        I mean, what stopped them from having tons of visitors impregnate humans in those decades?
                        If it was not to reveal identities.
                        Visitorfemales getting pregnant, having the kids in special hidden hospitals or going back home after getting pregnant.
                        Much easier.
                        Not to mention...
                        A visitor female is pregnant for 2 1/2 months only (at least in the original)
                        I believe there is more...much more to all this.
                        Especialy if they go trough so much trouble of infaltrating for decades.

Breeding, Food, Human Soldiers, Slaves, Expand their race over the universe, inhabiting as many planets as possible?

If there are alien reptiles, than there are others.
                        A sort of contest/conquest for the most planets and enslaved worlds and species?
                        Wanting control over them all to be the ONLY ones?

Comment

Leeroy, good question, here's a possible workaround, eating food created in a lab, even if it is biological and not merely technological in nature, might not be a healthy alternative to "real", i.e. "organic" human flesh. The Vs want to eat actual human flesh not a cloned facsimile thereof.

Comment

Actually I think Lizard and DaChamp are on to something. If Anna is anything like Diana was, she wants to rule over all Visitors. Ruling the Earth is a good bonus.

The Visitors probably don't want to eat us because, well... that's just dumb. But harvesting us like any other natural resource would be sufficiently distasteful an idea to make for a good conflict.

I think the soldier/ starchild idea is likely. Their biotechnology is sufficiently advanced that it's feasible and, while it's probable that they can make one in a lab from scratch, a living host incubator is a better shortcut for reasons of time efficiency and resource allocation.

As for whether of not reptilians would have bred with humans in all the time they've been here (I'll guess only since the beginning of the electronic age), there almost certainly was at least one. And I'll bet that was the happy accident that gave Anna her idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeroy
                              if the visitors in this new reincarnation can clone and grow human flesh to mask their true appearance, why would they need to harvest humans for food? Couldn't they just create flesh (human or other) just as easily for food?
                              Excellent point.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                              So, what does Anna really want? It has something to do with The Bliss, almost certainly.
                              I think Bliss has something to do with it. In the old V the Conversion Chamber was only used on humans but in the new V it appears that all the Visitors are brainwashed by Anna. Tyler is probably going to be the first human guinea pig for her brainwashing. I think they probably want to make slaves out of humans and maybe the big ships are to transport us. One thing that totally creaped me out in the old V was how they processed humans. I remember Donovan's son in that slime, that was amazing! I also think a hybrid species might be part of their plan.
                              Last edited by resistorperish; 02-25-2010, 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎