No announcement yet.

John May possible meaning

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamhog
    I don't want to see any twin resurrections! Let's leave that to day-time television.

I disagree by using a twin would pay homage to the old series. Using a twin is not just for daytime tv its been used everywhere including sci-fi etc...

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERMAN NORTH
      I disagree by using a twin would pay homage to the old series. Using a twin is not just for daytime tv its been used everywhere including sci-fi etc...
      I can see the homage part. But my point was the "used everywhere" part. Kinda played out and predictable. Nobody stays dead anymore! Lol.

I would like to know why they killed off Martin in the first episode of the original series though. He was a good character. I don't understand what they were thinking there. I always had the feeling it came down to $. Does anyone know what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamhog
        I can see the homage part. But my point was the "used everywhere" part. Kinda played out and predictable. Nobody stays dead anymore! Lol.

I would like to know why they killed off Martin in the first episode of the original series though. He was a good character. I don't understand what they were thinking there. I always had the feeling it came down to $. Does anyone know what happened?

Frank Ashmore's popular character "Martin" was killed off in the weekly series' pilot episode, angering many fans. When the series struggled in the ratings, Ashmore was brought back as Martin's twin brother, Philip.

Comment

Maybe John May is simply............John May: Leader of the fifth column who is currently in hiding from the V's. I think adding soapy plot twists such such as having him being the lovechild of Anna and (for example) Supreme commander John from the original series pretty much cheapens the premise of what has turned out to be a really classy show. Although saying that- I guess the writers have already pulled that stunt with the Anna/ Lisa twist and the pregnancy storyline which, if we all remember, was instrumental in the destruction of the original show. It's a great show as it is-I really hope they learn from the mistakes of the past and avoid turning it into another Dallas in a spaceship.

Comment

Im hoping that Robert Englund or Michael Ironside is gunna play John May

if John May is a character....

Comment

I hated the idea of the "twin" in the origional series & it was obviously a massive blunder to have killed Martin off in the first place. The thing that always got me was, ok they were twins but why the need to have identical human "fake skin" ????

I have no idea who John May, maybe but the first thing that popped into my head, was that it was a shout out to Julie & Mike.

Comment

Why does John May have to be a man? WOuldn't it be twisted if Jane Badler was brought back in this role?

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERMAN NORTH
                  using a twin would pay homage to the old series. Using a twin is not just for daytime tv its been used everywhere including sci-fi etc...
                  Totally agree.. and I don't think it'd be predictable at all, it would be awesome; besides, not everybody has seen the original. Plus, he's a good actor and deserves more screentime

I don't think that Ryan is John May for different reasons.. somehow, *if* John is actually alive, I imagine he'd be involved with the Fifth Column in some way; we don't know what Ryan was doing exactly but it seems like he was more worried about his personal life and was trying to focus on having a relationship and a normal life before the Vs arrived.. but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Visitorambassador
                    Maybe John May is simply............John May: Leader of the fifth column who is currently in hiding from the V's. I think adding soapy plot twists such such as having him being the lovechild of Anna and (for example) Supreme commander John from the original series pretty much cheapens the premise of what has turned out to be a really classy show. Although saying that- I guess the writers have already pulled that stunt with the Anna/ Lisa twist and the pregnancy storyline which, if we all remember, was instrumental in the destruction of the original show. It's a great show as it is-I really hope they learn from the mistakes of the past and avoid turning it into another Dallas in a spaceship.
                    ITA....It was my initial thought once they mentioned the name. And by the looks of it he may have faked his own death because of the reaction Anna had to it.

Comment

Michael Ironside.. man would that rock!! If in fact, John May is a character. I was thinking he was the resistance leader that died but the new resistance is using his name to let the V's know that he "lives" on through his followers... but who knows!

Comment

why breed with humans?

Originally posted by Lizard Lover
                        Erica's ex seemed rather uncaring as far as his family is concerned.
                        But i did consider the thought of him being a visitor as well, and therefore Lisa's remark that Tyler is the one.
                        Here’s what I don’t get, why bother to genetically “cross the streams” at all? During the slow infiltration the blending of species might have served as the ultimate camouflage (who knows how long the Vs have been on the planet, hundreds, thousands of years, long enough to rise to the top of every major bastion of society, business, religion, politics, the media, the military, law enforcement, intelligence agencies—all penetrated and internally controlled by Vs) but now that “first contact” has been established why continue breeding or selecting Joshua as the “one”? In the original 80s miniseries a hybrid baby was born but the Vs intent was mining the earth for minerals and using the human population as a food source before kick-starting the annihilation of our species.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                          I was thinking "John May Lives" was an anagram. I'm terrible at anagrams, but I managed to get "Join my halves" , "I am she jolyn V." and "I am Levy Johns".
                          ...There's not a V named Jolyn, is there? Or a levy Johns?

Oh, I also got "jovial hymens". But I'm just twisted like that.

Anybody good with anagrams here?
                          Just one: join my halves...no sense

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎