Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Wave of V Ships

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The V rely on human behaviour, they know how to play the humans to get what they want, Erica mentioned that in this episode...... if the V attack earth without warning what do we humans do? we retaliate, we fight back and we would die trying, taking our planet with us, typical human behaviour, thats why Anna is trying to infiltrate the human race first, weaken us, my theory.

The medical stations are bugging me, dont know why, all these scans they are taking makes me wonder if they are getting the scans so they can clone the humans use their skin to clone them and replace them......

Comment

That’s interesting; I never considered that the fleet of ships might not be under Anna’s command. She does appear to have quite a psychological, hypnotic, Svengali-like hold on her own people; almost everyone fears her. Perhaps the Vs that came to earth are actually criminals who’ve defected from their home planet and Anna is the leader of a rebel faction of intergalactic fugitives, one that had long since been infiltrated by law abiding members of the Vs alien society. Anna’s 2nd in command could be a double-agent, not working directly with the 5th column but for the authorities on the Vs home planet. Anna’s hope might be to blend into human society so thoroughly that by the time the alien swat team arrives, all of earth’s inhabitants will wage war on behalf of the evil, marauding alien escapees against their would-be captors. After the battle the victorious, criminal Vs will obliterate a no longer needed humanity.

Comment

That's Diana's fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by heromyth
          That’s interesting; I never considered that the fleet of ships might not be under Anna’s command. She does appear to have quite a psychological, hypnotic, Svengali-like hold on her own people; almost everyone fears her. Perhaps the Vs that came to earth are actually criminals who’ve defected from their home planet and Anna is the leader of a rebel faction of intergalactic fugitives, one that had long since been infiltrated by law abiding members of the Vs alien society. Anna’s 2nd in command could be a double-agent, not working directly with the 5th column but for the authorities on the Vs home planet. Anna’s hope might be to blend into human society so thoroughly that by the time the alien swat team arrives, all of earth’s inhabitants will wage war on behalf of the evil, marauding alien escapees against their would-be captors. After the battle the victorious, criminal Vs will obliterate a no longer needed humanity.
          A detailed possibility but I think it's just imagination running a little freely here.

Personally, I don't think anything of the sort will happen. It's a bit too confusing a plot for new and potential new viewers to the show.

I think the fleet is part of "stage 2" of the visitor's plan. I think they will follow a similar pattern to the original V in that we can expect to see the visitors exercise all kinds of mind games, propaganda, turning ourselves against each other, manufacturing dissent and unrest. Enter martial law. Hence the fleet. The extra manpower and foot-soldiers will be a necessity. Extra ships are also probably for hauling away Earth's resources etc.

The original V's themes were too successful and intriguing to ignore. I don't believe the writers will stray too far from the original in this new version.

Comment

This whole reinterpretation is horrible garbage, and this cliffhanger ending is just more proof of major plot holes and boring plots.
            I'd have to agree with some of the above posters, the ONLY mildly interesting thing that could come out of this is that the armada is the real bad guys, and the Visitors are the "good guys", unfortunately, sci-fi already played that one out with Earth: Final Conflict.
            Personally, I can't stand how the new series refers to the visitors as The V's. Just call them The Visitors. It's like ABC is trying out some weird branding or something. The V's, V hope graffiti, Ships looking like V's, Ships flying in V's...totally dumb. Quite frankly, I'm surprised they just didn't make there race something that started with a V just to club me over the head one more time.
            This show actually has some good actors in it, but they strain terribly with the pathetically dumb plot devices and gaping holes.
            -Why in God's name wouldn't Erica ask Infiltrator Alien why the F all the Vistors are there in the first place?
            -What reason could the visitors have had for infiltrating us for "many" years when they could clearly annihilate us with their turbo boosters. Oh yes...they want to bring us Bliss!
            -Why wouldn't the resistance just show images to the public that they are lizards? Sure, people may not believe right away, but I bet a ton of questions would start getting asked. Wasn't that a major thread of the original series? Get the camera footage on TV?
            These characters are in a laughable plot with no point. Even the 5th column seems like a bunch of dummies. Seriously, the main guy was going to all but sacrifice himself without even one person being shot or tortured. Of course, this is after he so easily murdered Alan Tudyks character earlier in the season. Bad character writng if you ask me.
            There are so many things to complain about, but I strangely find myself watching to see how much of a train wreck this thing will actually become. I predict they will order about 6 more episodes and it will be cancelled after about one half a season.

Guess we all have to wait and see.

Comment

My theory is that those ships are enemies of Diana's fleet. It doesn't make any sense at all for all those ships to be part of an invasion force - they can invade Earth and wipe out the entire human race with a single ship. Put it in a high orbit where ICBMs can't touch it and knock everything from afar.

They've done a lot to stress that there is division within the V's ranks, and the fact they need drugs to stay in line implies all is well, that they are not perfectly orderly. My theory is that these are renegade V's, they are a weaker side to their conflict, and they're hoping they can recruit humanity eventually, to have more manpower.

Originally posted by milkfromacow
              Personally, I can't stand how the new series refers to the visitors as The V's. Just call them The Visitors. It's like ABC is trying out some weird branding or something. The V's, V hope graffiti, Ships looking like V's, Ships flying in V's...totally dumb. Quite frankly, I'm surprised they just didn't make there race something that started with a V just to club me over the head one more time.
              I think they don't want to use the word "alien" or anything close because it implies nerdiness in alien cultures, and they want to appeal to a broader audience.

Comment

Leeroy, it may indeed be too complex. Although dense plot lines served the updated (and vastly superior) version of BSG (basically West Wing in space) quite well for 4 seasons. Granted, it might be difficult to distinguish criminal Vs (1st arrival, obedient to Anna) from the dissenting Vs (members of the resistance, 5th column, John May devotees) and finally the 2nd wave Vs determined to corral Anna’s rebel faction. What typically plays on TV is a simplistic, Manichean morality play so my brainstorm would be difficult to pull off, no question.

Comment

Heh. It seems that DaChamp and I are on the same wavelength.
                  Without a doubt the second wave of ships are after Anna but that doesn't mean in any way that with regard to humans they are the "good guys". In all likelihood they're probably more brutal. But there's no reason to think either group really thinks of humans any more highly than we think of cord wood.

The real drama will probably be in how the Fifth Column has to infiltrate and negotiate with Anna, the humans and the Second Wave to ultimately free their people and not annihilate yet another species (a.k.a. humans).

Comment

Perhaps they'll do something smart like have this second fleet going out to
                    different planets to take over. Maybe the Visitors have wars on multiple
                    fronts? Sending this fleet to Earth would be overkill. The entire storyline
                    doesn't have to revolve around Earth. This was just shown to display how
                    powerful the Visitors really are...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎