Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New evidence about the Kandorian's powers under the red sun!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vergon6
    Usually any kind of kryptonite should have no effect under the Red Sun. Otherwise, you would have had Kryptonians using Blue K to their advantage on Krypton. I'm guessing this is a retcon.
    Good point. I remember in S-7, "Persona," Dax-Ur told Clark he wanted to study the affects the yellow sun has on Krypton's minerals.

I haven't seen the episode yet. I'll watch it later today via amazon.com. But, after reading some of the posts in other threads, it seems as if the blue-K is somehow involved in allowing the Kandorians to have abilities under the red sun. There also appears to be a lot of confusion wrt the towers, yellow sun, and red sun. So, until I watch the episode, I really don't know what is going on. I might still be just as confused as others after watching.

The bottom line: It doesn't have to be a retcon. Perhaps in the process of infusing the orb/DNA with blue-K or the cloning process there was an unforeseen consequence of how the blue-K reacts with a red sun. This also may possibly be why the green-K can still affect the Kandorians the same way it affects Clark; green-K not part of the orb/cloning processes. Also, Jor-El told Zod in "Kandor" that cloning wasn't an exact science and one could not entirely predict the outcome.

As for Alia, she could be a genetic anomaly of Jor-El's processes, having abilities under red and yellow suns. Or as others stated, maybe her powers were waning in "Saviour." This makes more sense to me. I think, regardless of whether she needed to even the playing field (had powers or not wrt yellow sun), she needed the blue-K just to be able to kill Clark. In hind site, I think she probably would have tried to behead Clark in "Savior" in order to kill him. There's otherwise no telling if Clark could have come back to life once the blue-k was removed from the picture. Beheading seems pretty permanent.
    Last edited by natbug; 11-21-2009, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I wondered this myself. I would think the Blue K would negate any yellow sun radiation too. It makes no sense and smells like a plot hole.

Comment

There are some important distinctions.

When the atmosphere goes red, the Kandorians have super powers but Clark does not.

When the atmosphere turned normal again, the Kandorians lost their powers but the "ninja assassin" (don't recall the character's name) still had her super speed.

So (1) the Kandorians work differently for some yet explained reason, and (2) the assassin is not one of them.

Comment

So Lois didn't go into the future......she just fell down a humongous plothole!

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
            So Lois didn't go into the future......she just fell down a humongous plothole!

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              It's possible that her body was purified of the blue-k so she could fight Clark under a yellow sun on Zod's behalf. But I could have sworn that she had powers in this episode, and that would throw such an explanation out the window.
              She had heat vision and the super-choke-hold under the red sun and superspeed when the tower was wiped out by the virus.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Maybe Alia is Brainiac!!!
              Brainiac, the gift that keeps on giving...
              How many times are they going to bring Brainiac back as a recurring guest star? lol!
              I like the theory just for continuity's sake as opposed to making Alia an entirely new menace.
              Last edited by stenochick; 11-21-2009, 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think it would make sense that Jor El altered the DNA of the clones and turned off the 'yellow sun' switch and made it a 'red sun.' And Alia kept her powers because they don't immediately dissipate when the light changes, they start fading.

Comment

Well after he threw Clark & the sun turned normal again, Clark hit him while he got stabbed & KO'd Zod.
                  Yeah but like any Kryptonian vs Kryptonian fight scene we've seen in comics, animation, or film, people get hurt. With powers it's a back and forth battle. He pushed him and he flew, and the attention was then brought to Lois and Clark. I like the battery theory but I'm begining to think that the blue eyes, and just the fact that Zod was about to give Alia her assignment but was stopped by the Blur means there is more to Alia then meets the blue eyes.

Comment

ehhhh none of this makes any sense because as long as a red sun or blue kryptonite is anywhere in the equation then there shud be no possible way for kryptonians to have powers, plain and simple so theirs obviously some kind of "wtf factor" that no one knows about and wont know until it is explained cuz itll have to be something that no one has thought of...

Comment

Processing Red sun and satelite bouncing it to earth.

Ok what I didn't get with this concept is how one or a few? satelites could create so much red sun that it would completely block out the natural yellow sunlight of the earth.

Wouldn't this create a situation where maybe both Clark and Zod were rendered normal OR both superpowered? Cause how could you feasibly block 100 percent of the yellow sun with an orbiting satelite?

Also what was with the whole "red giant" image in the sky then? And the sweat running down Lois's forehead like implying it was extremely hot? If you could look into the sky and see a red giant that big then probably nothing would be alive on the earth lol.

Comment

New evidence about the Kandorian's powers under the red sun!

Just though about it, the general consensus is that the solar towers are giving them the powers, but a strong evidence that myself and some others seem to think is that the red sun affects them in opposite due to a flaw caused by the Blue Kryptonite.

However I have realised something that disputes this idea.

Zod had already implemented the plans to create the tower before he found out the reason they had no powers was due to Jor-El using Blue K.

Therefore it seems more likely now that the solar tower was to stop Kal-El (or Jor-El b4 he found out it was his sun who was the blur) and that there is another method for their powers.

Any thoughts?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

also when i say had already implemented the plans, it was the episode when Zod introduced himself as CEO of the RAO coporation, forgotten the episode lol
                        Last edited by alecjon2002; 11-21-2009, 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Red Sun? Powers? Kryptonite?

I was always uncertain as to how the color of the Sun affects the powers.

Can somebody please exlplain to me how Zod et al. regained their powers under a red sun and were capable of being damaged with kryptonite while Clark lost his and kryptonite didn't hurt him?

And, how come Zod lost his powers under the yellow sun and was able to die from kryptonite?

I loved the episode, but I'm just a little confused as to how these mechanisms work.

Comment

Originally posted by GabbY
                            And, how come Zod lost his powers under the yellow sun and was able to die from kryptonite?
                            I don't know about the rest but Zod didn't die from krytonite, Clark pushed him in to a van. For all we know he isn't dead just injured.

Comment

This is the theory that I have come up with, and I'm not sure of how much water it holds so feel free to point out any holes in my reasoning.

I believe that the Kandorians were somehow using the towers to harness the power of the yellow sun and channel it directly into themselves and not Clark . This is probably done by some technology that we have yet to hear about. The towers would then convert the solar radiation and send it to the satellites that Ollie mentioned and the satellites would then send the radiation down as red solar radiation. This was probably done to strip Clark of his powers since he would be the only viable threat to them once they received their powers. They would need to be receiving a constant stream of yellow solar radiation to maintain their powers while under a red sun, but this could be explained by the as yet unheard of technology. This might seem unlikely, but I do not believe it to be implausible.

As for the blue kryptonite that is being so hotly debated, I believe that the orb removed the powers of the Kandorians in much the same way that it did Clark's in the season 8 premiere. The way that Clark got his powers back was to have the Martian Manhunter fly him closer to the sun so he absorbed more yellow solar radiation. By the same theory, all the Kandorians would need to do would be to expose themselves to a greater amount of yellow solar radiation to nullify the effects of the blue kryptonite. This could be done by the towers and whatever technology they use to channel the yellow solar radiation into themselves.

As for Zod losing his powers when the yellow sun came back, I do not believe that we have enough evidence to make that claim. The only evidence we have is the fact that Zod didn't get up immediately after Clark threw him into that van. This could be explained by the fact that when he stabbed Clark with a Kryptonite dagger he was also exposing himself to kryptonite thus weakening him. It could also be explained by past displays of Clark not recovering immediately after being hit by another person with superpowers. Even Kryptonians feel a hit if it is done by someone of comparable strength.

I believe that this explains why Alia seemingly didn't lose her powers after the yellow sun came back. It also explains the blue kryptonite. Feel free to start poking holes.

Comment

power under red sun

I saw 4 parts on youtube today, when I saw that the sun was red i'm like wow this future is worst then I thought. I been wondering if humans would have powers under a red sun. See that they don't. It was a good epoisde. If these krytonians found a way to turn the yellow sun red and get powers, I wonder why they never did it on kryton?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎