Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New evidence about the Kandorian's powers under the red sun!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New evidence about the Kandorian's powers under the red sun!

Judging from the closeness of the red sun, it seems like the Kryptonians created a red sun to fuel their powers and eclipse the yellow sun since it looks to be much closer to Earth than the yellow sun.

I guess in the Smallville mythos, blue-k infected Kryptonians are powered by the red sun rather than the yellow one.

I take it something like this was not in the comics

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      Judging from the closeness of the red sun, it seems like the Kryptonians created a red sun to fuel their powers and eclipse the yellow sun since it looks to be much closer to Earth than the yellow sun.

I guess in the Smallville mythos, blue-k infected Kryptonians are powered by the red sun rather than the yellow one.
      there wasnt a red sun in "Savior" yet Alia had powers with a yellow sun

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
        I take it something like this was not in the comics
        Blue-k doesn't have those effects in the comics. The kryptonite that takes away powers is gold-k and its effects are permanent. And I've never read a comic where Kryptonians under a red sun who were affected by gold-k had powers.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SV'S_immortal_hero
        there wasnt a red sun in "Savior" yet Alia had powers with a yellow sun
        Good point. This is messed up then. Because Jor-El said they had blue-k in their bodies, so unless they found a way to remove it, then why would she have powers? And then why would they have powers under a red sun? What horrible writing. Why isn't Geoff Johns writing these episodes?
        Last edited by xrayvision; 11-20-2009, 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can't these writers just stick to the mythos.

Comment

man so much is wrong with this episode physics wise...

Comment

I thought it said something about a red sun being created as a result of the Kandorians filtering the yellow rays into their bodies or something. Maybe I misheard.
              Last edited by Vergon6; 11-20-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Its a twist on the Superman: The Animated Series episode "Solar Power", where Luminus hijacked LexCorp satellites to filter out the yellow sunlight from Earth (essentially turning the sun red) to drain Superman's powers.

In Pandora, the filtered yellow sunlight gets beamed back down to Earth in the form of radiation that gives only Kandorians superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                  I thought it said something about a red sun beyond created as a result of the Kandorians filtering the yellow rays into their bodies or something. Maybe I misheard.
                  ya it was along those lines

they drained the sun of its yellow powers and with luthor satellites redirected the yellow rays causing the sun to turn red

Comment

The way I understood it was the solar tower collects the yellow sun's radiation and beams the run rays to a satelliate that beams it over the surface of the Earth, kind of like creating a haze over the Earth. The size of the sun did not change at the end of episode when the sun sent from red back to yellow. I thought the sun was trying to compete with Metropolis's moon.

Comment

It seemed to me like the enveloped the yellow sun with the red radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by thebog1
                        Ok, so Alia most likely isn't a clone - she had/has powers under a Yellow Sun.. AND a Red Sun... (although, when you think about it, she actually DIDN'T display any powers while the Red Sun is out)...

Still begs the question why the kryptonite affects them the same way but the suns do not...
                        Yea there is something with Alia that we havent found out yet

Comment

Ah okay. I think I understand now.

Comment

Did Jor-El put her in there as a special agent in case Zod gets out of line ?

Comment

Um, from what I saw, thankfully, it was just fancy radiation collection that caused the red shift.

Because otherwise um, everyone would be dead...and the oceans would have boiled.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎