Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where was Lois for a Year?!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dominicous! That is what I said too! And I think first, if you count the other thread.
    Why do people agree with you, and not me?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB1111
      Dominicous! That is what I said too! And I think first, if you count the other thread.
      Why do people agree with you, and not me?
      I don't think people can wrap their heads around there being no Lois in the present, because she was in the future, and hadn't come back from it yet.

Er... that doesn't really make sense.

Doctor? Little help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

Perfect! Now, if only Doctor Who would come to this thread!
        (The TARDIS appears)

"Ah, Hello, I am Doctor Who. Allow me to explain this simple thing. If one person goes into the future, they cease to exist in the present, because they went to the future. Therefore they will never run into their own self. Also, once they return, the timeline of the future is pretty much elimanated, so don't worry about it."
        (my head explodes)
        "Blast, I really hate it when that happens! Rose, Do I still have any of that Resurrection powder?"

Ah, Rose, the only one the Doctor ever loved...literally.

Comment

Maybe I can simplify this a little. The future that Lois ended up in was a future in which she time traveled a year earlier. She wasn't anywhere for a year. It was a split second for her but to everyone else it was a year.

What they haven't mentioned on the show (and I suppose there is no real reason to) is that the future Lois has memories of is already changed simply because Lois returned to the present. The future she saw was actually the future if she had been gone in the present for a year. Instead it was 3 weeks.

So really, everything that she saw is already changed thanks to her returning to the present. The future is completely up for grabs now. It has been since "Savior".
          Last edited by ZeoVGM; 11-28-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I think I'll go get a cold compress and a couple of Excedrin now.

Comment

She just 'jumped' a year ahead...unless u like the Suspended animation theory..

Comment

The time travel in this episode was very similar to the one in Star Trek TNG's Yesterday's Enterprise episode. Read more about it here.

Comment

Lois to The Future :P

Comment

What I don't understand:

There wasn't a future Lois when Lois traveled to the future. (1 Lois)
                    But there was a future Clark Kent when Clark traveled to the future. (2 Clarks)

This doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎