No announcement yet.

Chloe in Pandora= She's my hero

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVFancross
    I went ahead and watched the Chloe scenes on youtube since I heard she was badass. Well, I have the following observations:

- I think the condemnation of Chloe's actions in the present are being blown way out of proportion. Reading some quick comments I thought she did something heinous. IMO She did not. This kind of stuff happens in all action-adventure movies. The heroes take personal risks to save the day. Like it or not, Lois being so close to Clark means her life will be in danger. She would take that danger, as would Clark, if it meant saving the world.
    - So Chloe is not discussing what she does at Watchtower with Clark? Big whoop. He shows up when he wants something from her and to talk about his love life. HE HAS NEVER ONCE ASKED HER IF SHE IS DOING OKAY. He's a jerk, why should she confide in him anymore. She. Can't. Trust. Him. He left her at her darkest hour on some emo trip. He's been back for months and has yet to try and repair the friendship - going to Lois instead because "it just felt right". Remember once he rejoined the living, Chloe said "why didn't you come to me"? She was prepared to work together as a team. He repeatedly demonstrated he doesn't want that. She's not going to open up to him after that kind of hurt.
    - Clark storming into WT and accusing Chloe of taking Lois shows exactly how hostile he is towards her. She saved your butt again tonight Clark, will you say thankyou? No. You won't. You take her for granted. All. The. Time. She didn't leave a ring around for Lois to pick up. She didn't connect you to the mind machine. She called the paramedics, got Dr Hamilton to bring them around, and protected Clark's secret. Yet this jerk accuses her of Tess-like behavior and blows her off again to go running to become a buddy to Zod (Destroyer of Planets).

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Clark SHOULD apologize to her. Chloe SHOULD apologize to him. She should let down her guard and try to reconcile with him. He should try and explain why he abandoned her. She should tell him everything she's been doing and apologize for not keeping him in the loop and he should apologize for freezing her out of his life and no longer being there for her. They should set new parameters for their relationship.

The unconditional trust is gone and IMO it is both of their faults.
    - Chloe didn't want Clark to risk Jor-El turing Clark into a popsiscle so she tried to handle the Brainiac infection without him.
    - Clark tried to save Chloe from herself by not having her memories restored.
    - Chloe tried to save Clark by preventing a showdown b/w Davis and Clark.
    - Chloe tried to prevent Clark from making a morally expedient decision she believed he would regret (putting Davis in the phantom zone).
    - Clark abandoned Chloe when things went bad
    - Chloe started monitoring all the Superheros when they went off the grid
    - Chloe masterminded a "game" to recover suicidal-Ollie without Clark's involvment because it was too risky.
    - Clark still only shows up at WT when he wants something
    - Clark still runs into rooms filled with Green K (Metallo) without backup because he doesn't want to risk anyone else and wants to solve the problem immediately
    - Chloe monitors Clark's life to provide backup because he tries to be an island unto himself (again, this usually doesn't work out -- whether or not that makes the audience happy doesn't matter -- Chloe has saved Clark's bacon too many times to not know he gets in over his head STILL)
    - Clark acusses Chloe of stealing Lois for nefarious purposes because he doesn't know what she is doing

This is a tale of a relationship formerly based on unconditional trust that had each other keeping secrets to "protect" the other one and ultimately, they just no longer trust each other. Both are to blame.

Now - what is Chloe doing wrong. She's retreated into herself. She no longer trusts anyone. She is trying to single-handedly save the world because Clark has become unreliable in her mind. Yes, Chloe is taking too much onto herself but given what she's seen, it makes sense that this is the path she's taken.

What is Clark doing wrong? He's harboring some resentment over last year and freezing Chloe out. She has no one to turn to and he's letting her deal with all her issues by herself. He's trying to save the world without anyone else's help and yet he RISKs the WORLD with this single-handed approach. It's not noble to put yourself in danger with no backup if what is at stake is not just your life but the rest of the worlds. He's NOT Superman yet. He can't fly. He still makes mistakes. Clark needs to work as a team and know when he can truly do things himself and when he should get backup. He always had Chloe watching his back in S5-8. Now, he's the lone ranger and yet Chloe still has had to swoop in and do cleanup.

Only a rapproachment between Clark and Chloe will fix this. When they don't work together, the world ends. Witness the first timeline where Clark abandoned Chloe and tried to do it all by himself. Clark got his butt kicked. To me the message is clear - they have to work together.

And yes, future Chloe was badass. Tess was an enemy combatant - she had the shot, she took it. It also showed the extreme issue - Chloe didn't trust Clark and Clark abandoned Chloe. The world was a mess.

As for why not release the virus earlier? Bad writing is the obvious answer. If I stand on one leg and squint my right eye, I can kind of see that if she didn't trust Clark, then she didn't know what he would do once he was given the power and the Kandorians were de-powered. She said repeatedly she didn't trust him. But -- that's a stretch.

Bottom line: I think Chloe's actions are being judged as more "dark" than they actually are. I saw the same thing in Kandor and Roulette (the other clips I watched). I believe I completely understand the motivation for this overstatement but I don't think it is based on a level playing field.

Chloe is MY hero. She's battered and bruised and trying to do too much but she has put the world before everything and everyone in her life. She's getting kicked in the teeth by her former best friend but she is still their protecting his back. Chloe rocks.
    Best post ever!

Comment

ITA, SVFancross. You wrote everything just like I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by the highlander
        I just wonder... if she is so great, why didn't it occur to infiltrate that virus a LOOONG time ago?

Did it take so much time to create that virus?
        Well, Clark was no where around. Remember he abandoned them. So who else would have benefited from the yellow sun? If they took it offline, Zod and people would have resurrected it and clearing the virus. This gave opportunity for Clark to try and stop them.

Comment

Since when has Chloe put herself at risk this season for the greater good? She only feels the need to screw with other people's lives and well being and infringe on their privacy while doing it. She has now put Lois in danger in Pandora and Clark as well. That is not personal risk that is risking others to get what you want.

Comment

I have a serious problem with her arrogance and self-righteousness, which started last season. She never admits to making mistakes nor does she apologise. Ever. It think it's a serious character flaw. I also don't understand the whole "you left me when I needed you the most" as if she was the only one who suffered the loss. What about Clark? Everyone he had trusted betrayed him and the only two people who did not were gone. His world was shuttered and Chloe was also partially responsible for that. But somehow he is the villain of this story, the one who should apologise and be a loving and caring friend?

Chloe made mistakes last season. She lost Jimmy long before he died, due to her own choices. She made mistakes and was never seen acknowledging it. On the contrary, she behaved like a victim, which she was, but only partially; she was also partially a perpetrator, as her poor judgment contributed to the whole situation. She had good intentions, true, but she was also guided by arrogance, thinking that she can herself stop someone who she knew was to be world's ultimate destroyer.

She quickly forgot about the above-mentioned and focused on Clark not being there for her.
            Unlike other characters, she hasn't learnt her lesson. Her attitude and unwavering faith in her own infallibility is as strong as ever. She does not have to tell Clark all her secrets, true. But spying on him isn't one of them.

This is why I cannot like her. I've been really trying to, I was defending her after Saviour and Metallo when many people criticised her attitude towards Clark, because I believed it was caused by her grief. But if Jimmy's death affected her so much, why didn't she learn anything? It's not only her actions, it's her smug attitude I have a major problem with.

Comment

Good point, and where does it end?

I have my theories...and none of them are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna
                I have a serious problem with her arrogance and self-righteousness, which started last season. She never admits to making mistakes nor does she apologise. Ever. It think it's a serious character flaw. I also don't understand the whole "you left me when I needed you the most" as if she was the only one who suffered the loss. What about Clark? Everyone he had trusted betrayed him and the only two people who did not were gone. His world was shuttered and Chloe was also partially responsible for that. But somehow he is the villain of this story, the one who should apologise and be a loving and caring friend?

Chloe made mistakes last season. She lost Jimmy long before he died, due to her own choices. She made mistakes and was never seen acknowledging it. On the contrary, she behaved like a victim, which she was, but only partially; she was also partially a perpetrator, as her poor judgment contributed to the whole situation. She had good intentions, true, but she was also guided by arrogance, thinking that she can herself stop someone who she knew was to be world's ultimate destroyer.

She quickly forgot about the above-mentioned and focused on Clark not being there for her.
                Unlike other characters, she hasn't learnt her lesson. Her attitude and unwavering faith in her own infallibility is as strong as ever. She does not have to tell Clark all her secrets, true. But spying on him isn't one of them.

This is why I cannot like her. I've been really trying to, I was defending her after Saviour and Metallo when many people criticised her attitude towards Clark, because I believed it was caused by her grief. But if Jimmy's death affected her so much, why didn't she learn anything? It's not only her actions, it's her smug attitude I have a major problem with.
                I think thats the problem: no one cares apparently enough for her to help her with her grieve or tell her that her actions are wrong. clark will now befriend Zod (destroyer of planets) to prevend him becoming completley evil and he doesn´t have five minutes to deal with chloe´s issues? He tells her everything about his relationship with Lois, but he has not the time to speak about her actions? He always backs down from every conversation in that direction and let her have her way. So apparently he don´t care.
                And chloe´s action in Pandora were heroic without powers she still fight against Zod. This should have tell Clark to work toegther with chloe and Oliver and trying to stop her the end justify the means attidue.
                By the way a lot of people were saying it was Chloe´s fault with Doomsday, but now she has learned her lesson, kill first, don´t give second changes and don´t believe in humanity. Trust nobody. So maybe someone should help her to get over those issues, soon. Clark still believes in humanity, when he trys to save Zod. So tell me who is right now? What should Chloe do? Should she confident in Clark, that he could change Zod or will she come up with her own plan?

There is no easy answer do that. Maybe the lesson she learned from Davis was don´t believe in the good of people.
                But fact is she still trys to protect the world, she still helps Clark and she reunite the JL, so yes Chloe is a hero in her own right. TMO

Comment

What can I say that wouldn't seem trite? It started with OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!! She not only looked awesome, her rebellion attitude totally rocked. I pretty much figured all the scenes of Lois' visions in past eps showing Chloe lying dead were a tease that no, she isn't really going to die (you hear that, PS3?????????), but the moment when she got it was one of the most upsetting moments in the series. Prior to that when Ollie said the group wasn't his, all I could do was shout "Chloe!!" just before she took off her hood. Man, AM rocks, she sold every moment. And hey, we even got to see the green leather jacket again (I hope Allison actually has that, it looks great on her). With some close ups, it really did play off her eye color perfectly. Oh, and taking out Tess because "I had a clean shot" R O C K E D ! !

And hmmmm, am I the only one who was really peeved at Clark for assuming Chloe was responsible for spiriting Lois away? I was like WHAT THE F IS THAT???? When he realized he was out of line, loved it that Chloe said to the effect, "..the apology can wait." Chloe is so strong; we may argue her morals of survelliance (sp?), but she seems quite focused on her agenda and purpose.

Chloe remains my hero, and AM is truly a gifted actress, she sells it more than 100%

And I must agree with other's comments that no one is close enough to Chloe to help her through all the tough times, to guide her, be there as a friend. Clark was quick to move on to Lois, and seems to need Chloe only for a hacking (coming down on her when she in fact is spying on him). She's often been used (as well as abused), and I can't fault her for developing a tough skin and coming back to fight. Romance aside, she still loves Clark and he doesn't seem to care enough about his friend to see the danger and wrong choices she has and may make.

I'm going to have to do a lot of re-watching while waiting for Jan 22!!!! But I heard that Allison has another director's ep in January, so I look very forward to that....
                  Last edited by Billy Jor-El; 11-21-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Chloe screwed herself last season, maybe instead of trying to play God to everyone and their mother she should get herself some damn therapy and work out her own issues. I will be pissed as all he11 if Clark ends up being blamed for yet another one of his friends idiotic moves.

Comment

I loved Chloe in Pandora..yeah!!

Comment

Originally posted by SVFancross
                        I went ahead and watched the Chloe scenes on youtube since I heard she was badass. Well, I have the following observations:

- I think the condemnation of Chloe's actions in the present are being blown way out of proportion. Reading some quick comments I thought she did something heinous. IMO She did not. This kind of stuff happens in all action-adventure movies. The heroes take personal risks to save the day. Like it or not, Lois being so close to Clark means her life will be in danger. She would take that danger, as would Clark, if it meant saving the world.
                        - So Chloe is not discussing what she does at Watchtower with Clark? Big whoop. He shows up when he wants something from her and to talk about his love life. HE HAS NEVER ONCE ASKED HER IF SHE IS DOING OKAY. He's a jerk, why should she confide in him anymore. She. Can't. Trust. Him. He left her at her darkest hour on some emo trip. He's been back for months and has yet to try and repair the friendship - going to Lois instead because "it just felt right". Remember once he rejoined the living, Chloe said "why didn't you come to me"? She was prepared to work together as a team. He repeatedly demonstrated he doesn't want that. She's not going to open up to him after that kind of hurt.
                        - Clark storming into WT and accusing Chloe of taking Lois shows exactly how hostile he is towards her. She saved your butt again tonight Clark, will you say thankyou? No. You won't. You take her for granted. All. The. Time. She didn't leave a ring around for Lois to pick up. She didn't connect you to the mind machine. She called the paramedics, got Dr Hamilton to bring them around, and protected Clark's secret. Yet this jerk accuses her of Tess-like behavior and blows her off again to go running to become a buddy to Zod (Destroyer of Planets).

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Clark SHOULD apologize to her. Chloe SHOULD apologize to him. She should let down her guard and try to reconcile with him. He should try and explain why he abandoned her. She should tell him everything she's been doing and apologize for not keeping him in the loop and he should apologize for freezing her out of his life and no longer being there for her. They should set new parameters for their relationship.

The unconditional trust is gone and IMO it is both of their faults.
                        - Chloe didn't want Clark to risk Jor-El turing Clark into a popsiscle so she tried to handle the Brainiac infection without him.
                        - Clark tried to save Chloe from herself by not having her memories restored.
                        - Chloe tried to save Clark by preventing a showdown b/w Davis and Clark.
                        - Chloe tried to prevent Clark from making a morally expedient decision she believed he would regret (putting Davis in the phantom zone).
                        - Clark abandoned Chloe when things went bad
                        - Chloe started monitoring all the Superheros when they went off the grid
                        - Chloe masterminded a "game" to recover suicidal-Ollie without Clark's involvment because it was too risky.
                        - Clark still only shows up at WT when he wants something
                        - Clark still runs into rooms filled with Green K (Metallo) without backup because he doesn't want to risk anyone else and wants to solve the problem immediately
                        - Chloe monitors Clark's life to provide backup because he tries to be an island unto himself (again, this usually doesn't work out -- whether or not that makes the audience happy doesn't matter -- Chloe has saved Clark's bacon too many times to not know he gets in over his head STILL)
                        - Clark acusses Chloe of stealing Lois for nefarious purposes because he doesn't know what she is doing

This is a tale of a relationship formerly based on unconditional trust that had each other keeping secrets to "protect" the other one and ultimately, they just no longer trust each other. Both are to blame.

Now - what is Chloe doing wrong. She's retreated into herself. She no longer trusts anyone. She is trying to single-handedly save the world because Clark has become unreliable in her mind. Yes, Chloe is taking too much onto herself but given what she's seen, it makes sense that this is the path she's taken.

What is Clark doing wrong? He's harboring some resentment over last year and freezing Chloe out. She has no one to turn to and he's letting her deal with all her issues by herself. He's trying to save the world without anyone else's help and yet he RISKs the WORLD with this single-handed approach. It's not noble to put yourself in danger with no backup if what is at stake is not just your life but the rest of the worlds. He's NOT Superman yet. He can't fly. He still makes mistakes. Clark needs to work as a team and know when he can truly do things himself and when he should get backup. He always had Chloe watching his back in S5-8. Now, he's the lone ranger and yet Chloe still has had to swoop in and do cleanup.

Only a rapproachment between Clark and Chloe will fix this. When they don't work together, the world ends. Witness the first timeline where Clark abandoned Chloe and tried to do it all by himself. Clark got his butt kicked. To me the message is clear - they have to work together.

And yes, future Chloe was badass. Tess was an enemy combatant - she had the shot, she took it. It also showed the extreme issue - Chloe didn't trust Clark and Clark abandoned Chloe. The world was a mess.

As for why not release the virus earlier? Bad writing is the obvious answer. If I stand on one leg and squint my right eye, I can kind of see that if she didn't trust Clark, then she didn't know what he would do once he was given the power and the Kandorians were de-powered. She said repeatedly she didn't trust him. But -- that's a stretch.

Bottom line: I think Chloe's actions are being judged as more "dark" than they actually are. I saw the same thing in Kandor and Roulette (the other clips I watched). I believe I completely understand the motivation for this overstatement but I don't think it is based on a level playing field.

Chloe is MY hero. She's battered and bruised and trying to do too much but she has put the world before everything and everyone in her life. She's getting kicked in the teeth by her former best friend but she is still their protecting his back. Chloe rocks.
                        I agree, this is an excellent post. However, I didn't like Pandora because I don't like the direction Smallville has taken. The people who used to love, respect, and care for one another are too busy looking out for number one. There is no trust. Chloe's badass attitude is the result of being abandoned when she needed people the most. Oliver is crying over Tess' death, but she is responsible for unleashing Zod and therefore responsible for the ensuing havoc inflicted upon Earth. Clark's motivations are All About Lois? Did he learn nothing during his All About Lana years? This is how heroes act? These are the same people who were disgusted by Lex and Lionel? They are no better. What the hell happened to this show?

Comment

mod edit
                          Last edited by Atomic girl; 11-21-2009, 11:10 AM. Reason: rule #15

Comment

Chloe the Hero

Chloe was great in the future. This is what I call a hero--no powers but fighting the fight against super powered beings anyway. She was everything I wish they had made of Lana if she had to be a hero. If this is what Chloe becomes at the end of the year (if she is leaving) than this is really great.

Comment

mod edit
                              Last edited by Atomic girl; 11-21-2009, 11:11 AM. Reason: rule #10

Comment

I wish I had your optimism. Sadly, they're not going to make her into the hero you wish.
                                Quite the opposite.

MOD EDIT
                                Last edited by Atomic girl; 11-21-2009, 11:12 AM. Reason: rule #10

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎