Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Pandora

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't Clark go with Lois back to the past. He could of gave better details to the present Clark on what happend.

Then again it would just cause a big time line mess.

Comment

How Lois lost her memories to begin with. It made no sense.

Comment

1. Alia clearly has a different story, because she still had her powers in the futere, when the sun was yellow again. And then she had her powers in present.

2. different machine.

And all that stuff about how they can only have powers under the red sun is not true. They were getting their powers from the solar tower havesting the sun.

Comment

Oh and why didn't Alia fuse with her past self like Clark did in Infamous

Comment

Originally posted by deanropi
            How Lois lost her memories to begin with. It made no sense.
            Post traumatic stress disorder. Lame, I know, but I think that it what they would have us believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebug
              Post traumatic stress disorder. Lame, I know, but I think that it what they would have us believe.
              I know, but I'm not buying it

Comment

I thought "Pandora" was a great episode but one thing I wanted to point out is @ the end when all the Kandorians "kneel before Kal-El"...Clark showed his face to Zod and co. I know in "Idol", Clark busted out the signature Clark Kent glasses. So does that mean the writers were serious about Clark wearing the glass and will run with it for the rest of the season? Guess we'll find out in January...can't wait!

Comment

How about the fact that in season 8 The Legion said, "We've come together from across the universe to form the Legion to help others as you do. Without you, none of that would have happened." Then they said, "If you ever want to meet the rest of the Legion just put this ring on." If he were gone for a thousand years, similar to how Lois was gone for a year, the Legion would not exist in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    I just came up with a theory that Alia is Brainiac. It's the only thing that makes sense. This Brainiac would be a copy created that has no memories of the ones that caused Clark so much trouble. This one would have been trapped in the orb ever since it was created. And I think he would learn things over time about what his copies did in trying to free General Zod from the Zone. It would mean that the Alia in Savior faked her death since she's really Brainiac.

Yea Im sure thats it

Comment

The sun and the powers for the Kandorians was discussed on another thread. Someone pointed out that the tower filtered out certain rays from the sun that would only enable the Kandorians' powers--and caused the sun to appear red, disabling CK. They referenced this whole idea to one of the comics, which I have never read. Even with that explanation though, the fact that Alia had powers when she fought CK earlier this season in the barn still doesn't make sense. She was wearing blue-k and removed it, so unless that was not the same Alia that came to earth via the orb (in which case who is she, where is she from, and why is she in the future?), it is totally off base.

Comment

to whoever it was that said it was established that exposure the yellow sun gets rid of blue k's effect, uhh when and how? obviously this is not the case considering the events of "blue" from season 7, if it was in reference to odyssey, ehh i think not, cuz even tho he was exposed to blue k radiation it shudve gone away once he was away from the fortress, i think it was the same effect as in arrival where a mortal journey was required to regain his powers, this time at the cost of MM's powers

@ the cleansing theory
                        ehhh, considering kryptonite of any kind requires yellow sun radiation to obtain its effect, any exposure to said radiation at any degree wud only activate said kryptonite's effect, even blue and ill go out on a limb here and point out that perhaps the higher the concentration or light frequency(which wud require a higher concentration anyway) of the sun radiation, the stronger the effect of kryptonite (any and all types) *yellow is a higher light frequency than red and yellow suns are hotter than red suns, therefore more pressure per area resulting in higher concentration of star/sun matter (various gasses and such)* note: this wud also result in a kryptonian having even stronger/more developed powers

hmm to the person that mentioned ray filtering, since suns/stars do emit multiple kinds of rays, it cud be possible that one kind of ray effects kryptonian powers and another effects kryptonite radiation seperately but unless stated specifically then it seems a little far out... but still very much possible
                        Last edited by L Nasty388; 11-21-2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krewsaider
                          Alright. I've been trying to figure out a way to explain the whole yellow sun-red sun debacle and I might've come up with a solution. Now please bare with me. It's a bit out there and maybe it sounds right to me because I'm really tired.

When a Kryptonian is under a yellow sun, they obtain powers. When a Kryptonian is under a red sun, they do not have powers. Both of these statements are known to be true. However, the statements do change when you add the element of Blue Kryptonite.

We know a Kryptonian infected with Blue K has absolutely no powers under the yellow sun. We have seen that in Blue with Clark wearing Jor-El's victory ring, in Persona with Dax-Ur, in Arctic/Odyssey with Clark being zapped by the Orb, and in multiple Season 9 episodes with the Kandorians.

Now in Pandora, this was the first time we saw what happens when a Blue K-infected Kryptonian is under a red sun*. General Zod's solar towers, as explained by Oliver and Chloe, were the source of their powers thus red solar energy being the source.

While under the red sun, a Blue K-infected Kryptonian will undergo a cleansing process of the Blue K while retaining their abilities. This process obviously happens because Martian Manhunter was able to help Clark cleanse the Blue K from his system in Odyssey by taking him close enough to the sun to absorb that red solar energy.

Throughout the process, Kryptonians will have their powers due to a small amount of Blue K being in their system still. That leftover Blue K is finally removed when the Kryptonian absorbs yellow solar energy. So even though red solar energy starts the cleansing process, it does not finish it. This can be proven in Odyssey when Clark wakes up in his loft with his powers again. It is also shown in Pandora that Alia has cleansed her system of Blue K when she speeds to touch Lois's Legion Ring.

*Note: Blue Kryptonite is radioactive on Earth and was not on Krypton. Therefore, Kryptonians would not have powers under the red sun Rao even if they had Blue K.

Then why in the future when Zod stabbed CK with the kryptonite dagger was he unaffected by the yellow sun and not reacting to the kryptonite?

Comment

Clark still used superstrength twice in presence of kryptonite. (when he knocked out Tess and fought Zod). But this may be because he is getting stronger/abosorbing more solar energy, making it longer for kryptonite to work.

It would have taken a second for Lois to put the Legion Ring back on, before she met Zod.

Great episode nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by krewsaider
                              Alright. I've been trying to figure out a way to explain the whole yellow sun-red sun debacle and I might've come up with a solution. Now please bare with me. It's a bit out there and maybe it sounds right to me because I'm really tired.

When a Kryptonian is under a yellow sun, they obtain powers. When a Kryptonian is under a red sun, they do not have powers. Both of these statements are known to be true. However, the statements do change when you add the element of Blue Kryptonite.

We know a Kryptonian infected with Blue K has absolutely no powers under the yellow sun. We have seen that in Blue with Clark wearing Jor-El's victory ring, in Persona with Dax-Ur, in Arctic/Odyssey with Clark being zapped by the Orb, and in multiple Season 9 episodes with the Kandorians.

Now in Pandora, this was the first time we saw what happens when a Blue K-infected Kryptonian is under a red sun*. General Zod's solar towers, as explained by Oliver and Chloe, were the source of their powers thus red solar energy being the source.

While under the red sun, a Blue K-infected Kryptonian will undergo a cleansing process of the Blue K while retaining their abilities. This process obviously happens because Martian Manhunter was able to help Clark cleanse the Blue K from his system in Odyssey by taking him close enough to the sun to absorb that red solar energy.

Throughout the process, Kryptonians will have their powers due to a small amount of Blue K being in their system still. That leftover Blue K is finally removed when the Kryptonian absorbs yellow solar energy. So even though red solar energy starts the cleansing process, it does not finish it. This can be proven in Odyssey when Clark wakes up in his loft with his powers again. It is also shown in Pandora that Alia has cleansed her system of Blue K when she speeds to touch Lois's Legion Ring.

*Note: Blue Kryptonite is radioactive on Earth and was not on Krypton. Therefore, Kryptonians would not have powers under the red sun Rao even if they had Blue K.
                              I doubt Clark had blue-k in him in Odyssey. We didn't see any. I think he lost his powers the same way he did back in Arrival. If the orb was irradiating blue-k, it would stop once the Fortress started collapsing. At the very least Clark would have gotten his powers back when he was in Russia, far enough away from the orb if it was still irradiating blue-k.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
                              1. Alia clearly has a different story, because she still had her powers in the futere, when the sun was yellow again. And then she had her powers in present.
                              I think 2009 Alia is Brainiac before being corrupted by Zod & 2010 Alia is Brainiac after touching the black crystal & being corrupted.

2. different machine.
                              No way. That was the same exact machine & had the same exact purpose. If anything, it could have been modified.

And all that stuff about how they can only have powers under the red sun is not true. They were getting their powers from the solar tower havesting the sun.
                              This doesn't make any sense. They said something about satellites taking the sun's radiation and converting into red solar radiation & projecting it in the sky like that. Their bodies have to be able to absorb it, and we still haven't gotten any explanation to how their bodies absorbed that red solar radiation & gave them powers.
                              Last edited by xrayvision; 11-21-2009, 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's not really a plot hole because we've still got 13 episodes left, plenty of time to explain! The machine device might be though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎