Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Pandora

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt Super Lana a huge plot hole? Just have her show up shake the Kandorians hands and they'll be out for the count.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
      You do have some good points here, xray. If Alia really did come from the Orb like everyone else, it would seem impossible for her to have kryptonian powers under the yellow sun when the rest of the clones do not. Unless Jor-El chose her as some sort of "secret weapon" for him to use at the right time. I think there's definitely more to Alia than meets the eye, and we've only begun to scratch the surface with her character.

I wasn't as bothered by how the "Fracture" device was used at first, but what you said does make sense. It would've been interesting to have seen Tess strolling through the corridors of Lois' mind like Clark did through Lex's (what would those halls and doors look like by comparison, I wonder?), but they obviously wanted more time for the actual visions of the future. Still, it is a little inconsistent, unless Tess was really experiencing that, and they just wanted to show us Lois' memories directly rather than waste precious minutes showing Tess wandering around in a virtual/mental landscape.
      We still don't know why Alia apologized to Clark in Savior.

Comment

#1: I think we're going to learn more about Alia. Did you also take notice at the end of the eppie where Clark goes to see Zod, there is a moment between Alia and Zod (non Romantic) there was something in Alia's eyes that is a bit mysterious. kinda like she knows something no one else does.

#2. The machine could be slightly different that the one used in Fracture.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Lois
          #1: I think we're going to learn more about Alia. Did you also take notice at the end of the eppie where Clark goes to see Zod, there is a moment between Alia and Zod (non Romantic) there was something in Alia's eyes that is a bit mysterious. kinda like she knows something no one else does.

#2. The machine could be slightly different that the one used in Fracture.
          I read theories that Alia is actually Alura--Kara's mother. I don't know if that will be the case or not.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            I read theories that Alia is actually Alura--Kara's mother. I don't know if that will be the case or not.
            It could be. It would be awesome....i think anyway. But yeah, there is definitely more to Alia than meets the eye.

Comment

i dont think either of those two things are plotholes. For one we know they were not giving their powers due to the blue k in their dna so the whole tower deal chloe and ollie told us about was a way for them to harness powers and take out clarks. So it shows they discovered some why to gain the powers they wanted.

As for the second thing the machine wasnt exactally the same one from summerholt or fracture so the tech was probably altered a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Lois
                It could be. It would be awesome....i think anyway. But yeah, there is definitely more to Alia than meets the eye.
                I just came up with a theory that Alia is Brainiac. It's the only thing that makes sense. This Brainiac would be a copy created that has no memories of the ones that caused Clark so much trouble. This one would have been trapped in the orb ever since it was created. And I think he would learn things over time about what his copies did in trying to free General Zod from the Zone. It would mean that the Alia in Savior faked her death since she's really Brainiac.

Comment

The biggest pothole to me, and one Chloe could drive a mack truck through -- is if she had the ability to disable the towers all along, why didn't she just do it? Why wait until Lois shows up from the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                    The biggest pothole to me, and one Chloe could drive a mack truck through -- is if she had the ability to disable the towers all along, why didn't she just do it? Why wait until Lois shows up from the past?
                    Good idea. Yeah, she could say she didn't trust Clark, but give me a break. If she would rather let Zod run amuck than disable the tower, then it shows how messed up she is.

Comment

I hope they have more of an explanation about the tower/red sun/super powers as the story progresses in the current time line. Even if some of the theories out there hold true (I don't think I've seen one that really covers everything), they need to clarify it otherwise they are asking the audience to infer way too much.

What exactly is Tess thinking? What is it that she thinks the Kandorians are saving humans from? From themselves? Maybe... but I think this episode made it pretty obvious that they pose a far greater threat themselves.

Nitpicky thing here, not a real complaint... but I don't think a tower that big/technologically advanced could be built in only a year.

Comment

maybe the rebellion didnt have enough forces or a way into the towers and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogito17
                          I hope they have more of an explanation about the tower/red sun/super powers as the story progresses in the current time line. Even if some of the theories out there hold true (I don't think I've seen one that really covers everything), they need to clarify it otherwise they are asking the audience to infer way too much.

What exactly is Tess thinking? What is it that she thinks the Kandorians are saving humans from? From themselves? Maybe... but I think this episode made it pretty obvious that they pose a far greater threat themselves.

Nitpicky thing here, not a real complaint... but I don't think a tower that big/technologically advanced could be built in only a year.
                          I think Tess is an eco-terrorist like Lois called her. She probably thinks humans will destroy the environment & has radical ideas. We saw various environmentalist aspects of her before she turned evil in Toxic. We saw it in Plastique when she took the bus to work. Combine that part of her with her evil, ruthless part and we get an eco-terrorist or eco-extremist.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
                          I just came up with a theory that Alia is Brainiac. It's the only thing that makes sense. This Brainiac would be a copy created that has no memories of the ones that caused Clark so much trouble. This one would have been trapped in the orb ever since it was created. And I think he would learn things over time about what his copies did in trying to free General Zod from the Zone. It would mean that the Alia in Savior faked her death since she's really Brainiac.
                          To update this---I think Alia is Brainiac's original form before it was corrupted by Zod. It would be awesome if we get to see the process where Brainiac gets corrupted. If it happens I think it will happen when Alia touches the black Brainiac crystal.
                          Last edited by xrayvision; 11-20-2009, 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i think there is much more to Alia then we are being told. We need not jump till we are sure there is no explination for her. It's Smallville, we are in for some surprises, we have been surprised before.

Comment

Not sure if it falls in any categories here, but I quite don't get how a Red Sun gives the Kandorians powers. Wouldn't a red Sun just make then normal people like they were on Kandor?

Comment

Alright. I've been trying to figure out a way to explain the whole yellow sun-red sun debacle and I might've come up with a solution. Now please bare with me. It's a bit out there and maybe it sounds right to me because I'm really tired.

When a Kryptonian is under a yellow sun, they obtain powers. When a Kryptonian is under a red sun, they do not have powers. Both of these statements are known to be true. However, the statements do change when you add the element of Blue Kryptonite.

We know a Kryptonian infected with Blue K has absolutely no powers under the yellow sun. We have seen that in Blue with Clark wearing Jor-El's victory ring, in Persona with Dax-Ur, in Arctic/Odyssey with Clark being zapped by the Orb, and in multiple Season 9 episodes with the Kandorians.

Now in Pandora, this was the first time we saw what happens when a Blue K-infected Kryptonian is under a red sun*. General Zod's solar towers, as explained by Oliver and Chloe, were the source of their powers thus red solar energy being the source.

While under the red sun, a Blue K-infected Kryptonian will undergo a cleansing process of the Blue K while retaining their abilities. This process obviously happens because Martian Manhunter was able to help Clark cleanse the Blue K from his system in Odyssey by taking him close enough to the sun to absorb that red solar energy.

Throughout the process, Kryptonians will have their powers due to a small amount of Blue K being in their system still. That leftover Blue K is finally removed when the Kryptonian absorbs yellow solar energy. So even though red solar energy starts the cleansing process, it does not finish it. This can be proven in Odyssey when Clark wakes up in his loft with his powers again. It is also shown in Pandora that Alia has cleansed her system of Blue K when she speeds to touch Lois's Legion Ring.

*Note: Blue Kryptonite is radioactive on Earth and was not on Krypton. Therefore, Kryptonians would not have powers under the red sun Rao even if they had Blue K.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎