No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Pandora

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Pandora

Man, this episode had some very noticeable plotholes, mistakes & inconsistencies:

1. In Kandor, Jor-El said that he placed blue-k in the Kandorians' bodies to prevent them from having powers. We now saw in Pandora that they needed a red sun to have powers & how once the sun became yellow again, they lost their powers. We saw Alia latching onto Lois to go back to 2009 to go back to the events of Savior. But in Savior we saw Alia having powers like heatvision. This is a big inconsistency. If she had blue-k in her body, she would not have had heatvision in Savior. If she had it, then Zod should have also had it. And if that was the case, there would be no need for a solar tower.

2. That Summerholt device did not function in the same manner that we saw it function in Fracture when Clark entered Lex's mind. In that episode, Clark maintained a presence in Lex's mind. Here, when Clark & Tess were in Lois' mind, they had no presence in it. They were like watchers, not participants. They saw their future selves die. They were not in their future versions' bodies, otherwise they would have died. In Fracture, the danger of using that machine was made much more apparent than it was here.

Originally posted by xrayvision
    Man, this episode had some very noticeable plotholes, mistakes & inconsistencies:

1. In Kandor, Jor-El said that he placed blue-k in the Kandorians' bodies to prevent them from having powers. We now saw in Pandora that they needed a red sun to have powers & how once the sun became yellow again, they lost their powers. We saw Alia latching onto Lois to go back to 2009 to go back to the events of Savior. But in Savior we saw Alia having powers like heatvision. This is a big inconsistency. If she had blue-k in her body, she would not have had heatvision in Savior. If she had it, then Zod should have also had it. And if that was the case, there would be no need for a solar tower.

2. That Summerholt device did not function in the same manner that we saw it function in Fracture when Clark entered Lex's mind. In that episode, Clark maintained a presence in Lex's mind. Here, when Clark & Tess were in Lois' mind, they had no presence in it. They were like watchers, not participants. They saw their future selves die. They were not in their future versions' bodies, otherwise they would have died. In Fracture, the danger of using that machine was made much more apparent than it was here.
    I agree on the Alia thing that had me all confused

but the device Tess used to me resembled more of what was used in Lara when the Government used green k to see into Kara's mind and Clark was able to watch by touching the pads

It may have been a device with the same concept just tweaked

Comment

Yes all that, but in a way I'm not going to let this overshadow a great episode that I really enjoyed.

If you really want to talk about an inconsistency, try the effect that green K has on the Kryptonians. It always bothered me that it affects their powers and not their DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by theotherJane
        Yes all that, but in a way I'm not going to let this overshadow a great episode that I really enjoyed.

If you really want to talk about an inconsistency, try the effect that green K has on the Kryptonians. It always bothered me that it affects their powers and not their DNA.
        That's another one. Kryptonians when on blue-k haven't been shown to be affected by green-k. But then when they have powers here it affects them. The green-k should affect them, powers or not, red sun or yellow sun.

Comment

Kyle XY didn't know how to work the machine properly, thus maybe that explains the ability not to interact in Lois' vision.

Remember in Smallville Kryptonite is everywhere, and I'm sure they have a store where anyone can pick some up. In the future, Zod has activated his powers, so has Alia. Now that they are fixed, I think the giant red sun was just to keep Clark powerless (I'm sure the writers will retcon it to that).

Comment

Originally posted by SAIRUS
            Kyle XY didn't know how to work the machine properly, thus maybe that explains the ability not to interact in Lois' vision.

Remember in Smallville Kryptonite is everywhere, and I'm sure they have a store where anyone can pick some up. In the future, Zod has activated his powers, so has Alia. Now that they are fixed, I think the giant red sun was just to keep Clark powerless (I'm sure the writers will retcon it to that).
            So what you're saying is that they will say that they filtered out the blue-k from their bodies and only had the red sun to make sure Clark didn't have powers? That would be a huge retcon, because they would then be saying that without blue-k in their system, they would have powers under a red sun. No matter what, there's no way to explain it. I think Alia was shown to have powers in Pandora, right? If not, then maybe she was the one Kandorian whose body was cleansed of the blue-k so she could fight Clark on Zod's behalf under a yellow sun.

Comment

on #1. I think that we are going to get an explanation as to why Alia has powers with both Red and Yellow sun. I believe that the producers have something plan for her. In my opinion, I think that for some reason she already has her powers....I bet there is going to be an interesting twist with her.

On #2. yeah, a mistake.

Overall, I think that the episode delivered. It was not perfect, but it was an awesome episode that I let the the whole Summerholt device mistake slide. To me it was minor. This device could have been modify to meet Tess's needs so I really don't mind...in Offcreenville.

Comment

Well as for #2......but Lex and Clark weren't in comas in that episode right. Because I know Lois was in a coma for this one (that was not initiated by the machine) and Clark connected to HER brainwaves so he was, in all senses, in a pre machine coma as well correct? So if they are in a coma and are not able to control their movements conciously this would play out as a dream in front of their eyes wouldn't it?

Comment

So what you're saying is that they will say that they filtered out the blue-k from their bodies and only had the red sun to make sure Clark didn't have powers? That would be a huge retcon, because they would then be saying that without blue-k in their system, they would have powers under a red sun. No matter what, there's no way to explain it. I think Alia was shown to have powers in Pandora, right? If not, then maybe she was the one Kandorian whose body was cleansed of the blue-k so she could fight Clark on Zod's behalf under a yellow sun.
                  Well we don't know if they have physical blue-K in their bodies or it just altered their DNA. That point is irrelevant. What I'm saying is they fix this problem and get their powers before the solar tower goes up. Zod has no way he can really kill Clark without depowering him. Of course (and this shows how bad the writers of Smallville are), this would in turn depower them, so obviously some tinkering has been done to allow them to keep their powers under the red sun.

Comment

Originally posted by theloisclone
                    Well as for #2......but Lex and Clark weren't in comas in that episode right. Because I know Lois was in a coma for this one (that was not initiated by the machine) and Clark connected to HER brainwaves so he was, in all senses, in a pre machine coma as well correct? So if they are in a coma and are not able to control their movements conciously this would play out as a dream in front of their eyes wouldn't it?
                    Lex was definitely in a coma. He had been shot point blank in the temple of his head. He should have died. Also, Clark's presence in his mind didn't erase memories but caused more forgotten (retconned) memories about Veritas to surface.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SAIRUS
                    Well we don't know if they have physical blue-K in their bodies or it just altered their DNA. That point is irrelevant. What I'm saying is they fix this problem and get their powers before the solar tower goes up. Zod has no way he can really kill Clark without depowering him. Of course (and this shows how bad the writers of Smallville are), this would in turn depower them, so obviously some tinkering has been done to allow them to keep their powers under the red sun.
                    Whatever the official explanation, if there is one, I know it's not going to make sense.
                    Last edited by xrayvision; 11-20-2009, 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ok ok I was thinking of another episode then. Nevermind I tried I tried but the Smallville writers are just to inconsistent for me!

Comment

I agree Alia having powers threw me off. I hope they explain it.

this is a minor thing, but why did Chloe thow bandage for Lois? When Lois came back in Savior with the bandage on her hand I assumed she was injured in the future. But in Pandora we never see her hand get injured, she just wraps it up. Why did she do it? Or did I miss something?

Comment

Oliver explained that Zod's tower absorbed the radiation from the red sun, then channeled that radiation through the Luthorcorp satellites, that would then give them all the power they needed. So by turning the sun back to yellow, that didn't mean that the Kandorians instantly lost their abilities. It meant they lost their means of harnessing, and channeling that radition to keep their power.

The Kandorians did NOT lose their abilities when the sun turned back to yellow. Zod exhibited some form of abilities in the match-up against Clark. However...Clark DID get his abilities back. Alia didn't lose her's either. If you noticed when she was jumping into the Legion ring portal, she was using superspeed.

With the Blue K, the show has established by getting rid of it- either through destroying the source you are wearing, or exposure to the yellow sun, a Kryptonian gets their powers back. Once exposed to the proper amount of sunlight, the Blue K would be filtered from their bloodstreams, thus giving them abilities.
                          Last edited by Supes4Ever; 11-20-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supes4Ever
                            Oliver explained that Zod's tower absorbed the radiation from the red sun, then channeled that radiation through the Luthorcorp satellites, that would then give them all the power they needed. So by turning the sun back to yellow, that didn't mean that the Kandorians instantly lost their abilities. It meant they lost their means of harnessing, and channeling that radition to keep their power.

The Kandorians did NOT lose their abilities when the sun turned back to yellow. Zod exhibited some form of abilities in the match-up against Clark. However...Clark DID get his abilities back. Alia didn't lose her's either. If you noticed when she was jumping into the Legion ring portal, she was using superspeed.

With the Blue K, the show has established by getting rid of it- either through destroying the source you are wearing, or exposure to the yellow sun, a Kryptonian gets their powers back. Once exposed to the proper amount of sunlight, the Blue K would be filtered from their bloodstreams, thus giving them abilities.
                            I know what you're saying, but Zod seemed to have instantly lost his solar charge when Clark hit him. I'm confused at Oliver's explanation. It makes no sense.

And the biggest inconsistency of all, if they are implying the blue-k will give them powers under a red sun, is that Jor-El on Krypton had a blue-k ring like Lara gave him. Plus in the flashbacks we saw in Kandor, Jor-El was holding blue-k on Krypton when he was shown creating the orb. This would mean that he could have had superpowers on Krypton, which we know is completely false.

Comment

You do have some good points here, xray. If Alia really did come from the Orb like everyone else, it would seem impossible for her to have kryptonian powers under the yellow sun when the rest of the clones do not. Unless Jor-El chose her as some sort of "secret weapon" for him to use at the right time. I think there's definitely more to Alia than meets the eye, and we've only begun to scratch the surface with her character.

I wasn't as bothered by how the "Fracture" device was used at first, but what you said does make sense. It would've been interesting to have seen Tess strolling through the corridors of Lois' mind like Clark did through Lex's (what would those halls and doors look like by comparison, I wonder?), but they obviously wanted more time for the actual visions of the future. Still, it is a little inconsistent, unless Tess was really experiencing that, and they just wanted to show us Lois' memories directly rather than waste precious minutes showing Tess wandering around in a virtual/mental landscape.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎