Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about Lois Lane?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ I totally agree with you in that regardless of the twisted plot lines she's undergone (especially romantically), her personality is AMAZING.
    I love Lois and her personality...she's my favorite character hands down in Smallville and in all of tv right now.

If I liked girls I definitely would have a crush on her :P

Comment

• Oh I can't get enough of saying how much I adore her. Love is not even a strong enough word.

Comment

• I love, adore, am amazed by LOIS LANE!

If she was real, Superman would have a fight on his hands.

I would lose of course, unless I get some green K.

Comment

• my favorite SV character! although she was more fun to watch last but now that her and Clark are officially together and she's not worried about her visions she'll be back to normal. i can't wait to see how Clois acts as a couple! I don't think she'll have less screen time because she has more episodes this year and has already been absent a few times

Comment

• Everyone needs to remember that she's playing the young Lois Lane. We first met Erica/Lois as the tomboy daughter of an American general. This provided the necessary backstory of her toughness, lack of fear and martial arts abilities ("She will not show fear in the face of his enemies"). The writers have progressed her from the edge of adolescence to an adult reporter. At times we do not see the change as we see her through previous seasons' eyes, just like someone you knew as a kid in your own life is always a kid to you. At times she seems a bit vulnerable when waylaid by one of Clark's adversaries, and this seeming "flaw" was something not really allowed to surface in former incarnations of the girl reporter. This makes her more human and engenders more empathy if not sympathy when she is hurt or in danger. A MODERN PERSPECTIVE AND SEVERAL YEARS (SEASONS) HAVE ALLOWED THE WRITERS YO FLESH OUT THE CHARACTER (no pun intended, Erica) and make her into a three dimensional rather than a cardboard character.
            Historically Lois has been portrayed as a bit of a b*t*c* (Kate Bosworth, Noel Neal, the one before Noel was even worse) or as a bit of a flake as in Margot Kidder. I can see many parallels between Terri Hatcher/Lois and Erica/Lois, it's as if they both attempt to improve on the caricature of a character that they were given to play.

Comment

• Not sure if this is where this belongs but I've been wondering about
              Lois' mind wipe. In Idol we saw her going to a therapist not only to talk about the dreams and the 3 weeks of lost memory but also about her conflicting emotions vis-a-vis Clark and the Blur.
              Of course we only really got to see two sessions in that context of that episode but we have to assume that Lois had been there more than once since the therapist talked to Lois as though there had, in fact, been prior sessions.
              When Lois' memories of her time in the future were erased why would that automatically erase the time spent on the therapist's couch since not all of the sessions revolved around the 3 weeks lost and the sex dreams with Clark?
              I bring this up because there have been so many instances where characters in Smallville simply forget everything and I mean everything and in this case it just doesn't seem very plausible at all, not that it seemed plausible in many of the other cases either.
              Thoughts on that, anyone?

Comment

• Lois is a great character, and Erica is an awesome actress. She is one of the best parts of the show this year.

Comment

• Ahhh..we should all know a Lois Lane....

Comment

• Erica and Tom's chemistry is the reason i watch.Give E more screen time. I love Chloe but i feel E should get as much time as her or more.We all love the show better when Erica is on..

Comment

• Originally posted by Aficionado
                      Not sure if this is where this belongs but I've been wondering about
                      Lois' mind wipe. In Idol we saw her going to a therapist not only to talk about the dreams and the 3 weeks of lost memory but also about her conflicting emotions vis-a-vis Clark and the Blur.
                      Of course we only really got to see two sessions in that context of that episode but we have to assume that Lois had been there more than once since the therapist talked to Lois as though there had, in fact, been prior sessions.
                      When Lois' memories of her time in the future were erased why would that automatically erase the time spent on the therapist's couch since not all of the sessions revolved around the 3 weeks lost and the sex dreams with Clark?
                      I bring this up because there have been so many instances where characters in Smallville simply forget everything and I mean everything and in this case it just doesn't seem very plausible at all, not that it seemed plausible in many of the other cases either.
                      Thoughts on that, anyone?
                      I've replied in the mistakes thread because it's more of a plot point than a character point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bally
                        I've replied in the mistakes thread because it's more of a plot point than a character point.
                        Don't take this the wrong way, but it's kinda pointless to reply to a post made on 02-24-2010 (i.e. 6.5 years ago) in a thread that was last discussed on 04-03-2010 (also 6.5 years ago).

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                          Don't take this the wrong way, but it's kinda pointless to reply to a post made on 02-24-2010 (i.e. 6.5 years ago) in a thread that was last discussed on 04-03-2010 (also 6.5 years ago).
                          Not really. In the case of this show, most of the threads are at least that old because the show ended so long ago now, and I'd rather comment in an existing thread if it's relevant to the point instead of starting a new thread. In the case of the above, it's not a direct reply to the quote but rather the query that had been raised. It doesn't matter if the forumite I quoted reads or replies to my post.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎