Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark "befriending" Zod: Does it change future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does It Change the Future?

Now that Clark knows what will happen one year from now does it change the future or does it just postpone it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
      Clark is probably trying to befriend Zod as a way to infiltrate their group and learn first hand about their plans and stop them before they activate the tower. He will sabotage things. My guess is that the season will end with only Zod gaining his powers and fighting Clark.
      agreed, I mean I can't see Clark's views on Zod having changed from watching Lois's vision, in terms of thinking that Zod has a chance to be good if Clark tries.

Instead, I think Clark is going to do what you said.

And ppl say that Clark isn't smart.lol

Comment

Ugh! How many people don't recognize that there are a multitude of different parallel earths each with their own time line caused by events on Earth 1, or prime. Seriously?

As soon as Lois went back to when she left, so to speak, she changed all of history.
        Simple rules of time travel.

She created an alternate time line when she passed through a year of time.
        When she came back, she removed that time line from being in existence.

Fate can be changed. Terminator 3 is a bad example.
        That's like using the Hindenburg as a model for all Zeppelins.

Time and tide wait for no man, yes, but by Zod's beard, time itself is never set in stone.
        It is always changing.

The future anyway.
        Say you were a Nazi, and you had a time machine, and you went forward 50 years to see if you won the war. And you did? Well, we all know what really happened.

So, when that time traveling Nazi goes back in time to Nazi Germany, to report his success, something happens that causes Hitler to lose the war.
        Probably making Stalin angry.

So, the point I'm making is that the future can change.
        Read Dean Koontz's Lightning.

Comment

I agree, Clark is smart. Smarter than Zod and Lex.
          Not Brainaic, but still.
          Clark has always been extremely smart. He knows he has to wait for the chance to stab the knife into Zod's chest, literally or figuratively.

Comment

The whole befriending Zod thing was reminiscient of Clark and Lex's tenuous friendship and we all know how that ended...

Comment

Classic Superman, always believing in the best of his opponents, unless they have consistently proven otherwise (Zod, Luthor, and Darkseid in the comics).

I mean really, you think Batman would have put up with the stuff Chloe and Oliver have been pulling behind Clark's back? No. Superman believes he can save everyone. It's that part of his humanity that has made him so strong, yet so weak at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by VicNew
                Everything is being set into motion. They saw a glimpse of it but maybe they were suppose to see it. Haven't we learned from Terminator 3, you can only prolong the future. Changing it in "smallville" case would mean Clark should've killed Zod while Zod is powerless. Befriending him is part of the road that leads to the Pandora episode. Even on supernatural episode 4, "The End" when Dean goes 5 years into the future, it's already set. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
                So you really think they're just going to kill off all regular castmembers? Hmm. This seems like a bad way to end the series.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB1111
                  Ugh! How many people don't recognize that there are a multitude of different parallel earths each with their own time line caused by events on Earth 1, or prime. Seriously?

As soon as Lois went back to when she left, so to speak, she changed all of history.
                  Simple rules of time travel.

She created an alternate time line when she passed through a year of time.
                  When she came back, she removed that time line from being in existence.

Fate can be changed. Terminator 3 is a bad example.
                  That's like using the Hindenburg as a model for all Zeppelins.

Time and tide wait for no man, yes, but by Zod's beard, time itself is never set in stone.
                  It is always changing.

The future anyway.
                  Say you were a Nazi, and you had a time machine, and you went forward 50 years to see if you won the war. And you did? Well, we all know what really happened.

So, when that time traveling Nazi goes back in time to Nazi Germany, to report his success, something happens that causes Hitler to lose the war.
                  Probably making Stalin angry.

So, the point I'm making is that the future can change.
                  Read Dean Koontz's Lightning.

Do you watch Fringe? If not, you'd probably like that show.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will not happen!

Comment

I love Fringe! Great show.
                      Also, I agree, noooo!

Comment

Originally posted by superdoomsday
                        So Clark is actually befriending Zod to stop what may happen in the future.

Uh oh. Is this the "Betrayal" Zod will experience that we heard about before the season began?

What gives and does anyone honestly think it's gonna end well?
                        Um, no. Clark need a better plan than this. It reminds me of what he tried with Davis.
                        In fact, I thought he decided that was the wrong way to go.

Comment

I'm not sure what to think of this right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Wolfsbane
                            I wanted to bang my head against the wall when he said it.

He's going to make friends with him? Really? Really??

OMG. *sigh* Clark.
                            Yeah, I was having BDA flashbacks. Hopelessly naive.

Comment

Clark: You were the chosen one!!! You were suppose to save the Earth not destroy it. Bring balance to humanity.
                              Zod: I HATE YOU!
                              Clark: You were my brother Zod, I loved you.

but seriously Clark will not go into this without a backup plan, he knows what kind of monster Zod could(eventually) become.

Comment

Clark really... He want's to the good in everyone. Is it any wonder every super being tell him "Humanity has made you weak"....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎