Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark "befriending" Zod: Does it change future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markbot
    This is Clark's reasoning. On one hand, he could kill Zod now and end the threat immediately. On the other hand, he could befriend Zod, giving Zod enough time to figure out a way to defeat Clark and then later to destroy the planet. It worked so well with David Bloom and Lex Luthor after all.
    very true. Sometimes i wish Clark got over his "kill no one" approach and just ended the whole problem right away. then again that would mean no drama and no more Smallville

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGenius
      I bet some of the Kandorians join his side, where they wouldn't have if he immediately treated them like an enemy.
      Yes! This is how Clark can defeat Zod. Clark doesn't yet know what a homicidal sociopath Zod is. One who would execute one of his own soldiers for independent thinking and action. While Clark would like to turn Zod we can see he will not. But what Clark can do is show Zod's soldiers what a just and merciful leader is like. They have never known one. I think Clark can defeat Zod by usurping the loyalty of his army.

Comment

As I've stated before, When fighting your enemy doesn't work, the only thing left is to befriend him, and wait for the proper moment, to stab him in the back.

Clark is doing that. He knows how bad Zod is.

Besides snapping Zod's neck like a twig, Clark has a multitude of ways to stop Zod.

Comment

We all know how well Clark being friends with Lex and Davis Bloome turned out...I'm just hoping we don't have a repeat of the unfortunate doomsday incident.

At this point last year, we were pretty excited too how well everything was shaping up. Then it all went downhill (with the exception of a couple good episodes like legion and hex) from there.

Comment

You know befriending the "good" sides of Lex, Davis Bloome, and Zod well you what happened after. Surely Clark sucks when befriending his enemies, that's how they get so vengeful and hatred against you look what happened to Lex he almost unleashed apocaplypse if he becomes president; look what happened to Zod, he help destroyed his own planet; Doomsday, he kills Clark in the future. Geez, Clark should stop; I hope he ain't going befriend Amanda Waller or even Darkseid.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
              Gah, I don't know. Not sure what Clark is thinking.
              But but but that would make Chloe right and that could never EVER happen. Oh well, even a blind squirrel finds a acorn

Comment

I'm guessing everyone is missing the point of the episode: Clark tried just treating Zod as an enemy, and the world went to hell anyway. He couldn't stop Zod from taking over.

If Clark had stayed on that course of action, why would he think the outcome would be different? Just because he has a heads up?

Clark needs a different plan of attack in this case. This is about to be a high-stakes chess game with him and Zod. Best case senario - he actually is able to change Zod. Worse case? He already has an in with Zod and will be able to checkmate Zod when Zod isn't looking.

Comment

Yeah its just like i said before: its the simple scenario of Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Clark needs to see how Zod thinks to bring him down for good. If Clark rushes in and throws Zod around, dont you think Zod will be expecting that? Clark has to be more rational than he has in the past. This is the best approach

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
                    I'm guessing everyone is missing the point of the episode: Clark tried just treating Zod as an enemy, and the world went to hell anyway. He couldn't stop Zod from taking over.

If Clark had stayed on that course of action, why would he think the outcome would be different? Just because he has a heads up?

Clark needs a different plan of attack in this case. This is about to be a high-stakes chess game with him and Zod. Best case senario - he actually is able to change Zod. Worse case? He already has an in with Zod and will be able to checkmate Zod when Zod isn't looking.
                    Exactly. Clark is trying to change things and knows the answer is never as simple as killing one person. For example, Ollie killing Lex just put Tess in his place at LuthorCorp, and Tess is the fool who created this whole darned situation with her delusional attitude.

I have a feeling Tess is going to be the one who derails Clark's plan here too. She saw herself die and she's going to be in full-fledged survival mode.

Clark is also, gasp, listening to what Jor-El told him in Kandor. If he didn't listen, all the Clark haterz would be complaining the other way. Another no win situation for Clark.

Comment

I can't wait for Superman to grow up and realize he has to kill all his enemies and not try to save them! I love comics.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like Bizarro Superman.
                        Um, I don't see comics having Clark kill anyone else other than Zod and the other two that one time.

"Wahh! I killed 3 people, I need to sob about it in deep space!"
                        Grow up, Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by mr lane
                          Zod will always want to take over humanity, Clark will never agree, Clark is just going to make Zod's hatred for him even greater
                          At first I was like, WTH! Not AGAIN! But once again my husband showed me the error of my ways (hey, he succeeded with Tess, look at my avi). I agree with you, he's taking the information he's gotten, and he has a plan. I think Zod is playing into it, but I also think that Clark will soon find that he is a lot more to contend with then he originally thought. Remember his last line to Jor-El [grave] was that he couldn't save Zod, he knew what he turned into. Like I said in that thread, that perhaps Jor-El meant to save him would keep him from destroying the world. I think Clark is realizing he needs to take a different path, obviously he can't take the path he did in the original timeline, but it will still be riddled with mistakes and potholes he didn't see coming, and that'll make for a riveting second half, if they FOCUS on Clark and that story. B/C although we know what happened in Pandora originally, we now do NOT know, and are watching a different path with no way of going back and fixing it...well except that legion ring...

Originally posted by EvilGenius
                          I bet some of the Kandorians join his side, where they wouldn't have if he immediately treated them like an enemy.
                          I love this theory.

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                          Clark doesn't know that Zod heard him when he was talking to Jor-el's grave. Zod knows that Clark is doublecrossing him.
                          And THIS makes it all the more intriguing. Zod is one sick smart alien!

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
                          Has Clark learned anything with Davis Bloome?
                          Yes. He isn't listening to Oliver and Chloe.

Originally posted by Lori
                          So are we betting Chloe and Oliver will hatch their own plan behind Clark's back? they both seemed keen to take him out?
                          If they do, it'll add to the tension and as of now, it raises the stakes for the audience, b/c we don't know what could happen if they veer from Clark's plan and do something on their own. It could possibly bring to life some of what happened in Lois' memories. Even if they prevent some things from happening, there is such a thing as fate and sometimes, it finds a way of working out no matter what.

Originally posted by Barbara
                          Yes! This is how Clark can defeat Zod. Clark doesn't yet know what a homicidal sociopath Zod is. One who would execute one of his own soldiers for independent thinking and action. While Clark would like to turn Zod we can see he will not. But what Clark can do is show Zod's soldiers what a just and merciful leader is like. They have never known one. I think Clark can defeat Zod by usurping the loyalty of his army.
                          Exactly.

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                          Yeah its just like i said before: its the simple scenario of Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Clark needs to see how Zod thinks to bring him down for good. If Clark rushes in and throws Zod around, dont you think Zod will be expecting that? Clark has to be more rational than he has in the past. This is the best approach
                          ITA with you and morrigan01, that he has a plan of attack that is, maybe, a little beyond the obvious of what we saw last year with Davis, or heck, for seven years with Lex. Zod is SCARY intelligent and manipulative, Clark needs to get in the game with him, and play chess. And win.

I agree with you too, Jlvsclrk, that Tess will be another kink in the chain that Clark won't see coming, b/c he didn't see her part in the whole scenario.

Comment

I don't know but it was one heck of a cliffhanger.

Comment

I really hope the writers are trying to write Clark's naivety on befriending Zod as a clever twist to him waiting for the right time to stop him from building the solar towers.As others have said,he should have learned from Lex and especially Davis that befriending the enemy isn't the best or brightest solution.I hope he doesn't have the mindset that,because this Zod's a clone he can try and set a new destiny for him that's for the greater good.

Comment

Clark doesn't know the whole history of what happened in the future. He just knows how it ended. He might just be following the same path he did to begin with by trying to befriend Zod and then changed course and Zod turns against Clark. This is going to be an interesting journey and I'm apprehensive about Clark's choices. I think though in the end he will make the right ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎